Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
is the name Gumgor from the bible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I’m really surprised the ESPN deal happened as rumored, though I guess we still have to see if Fox increases what it was paying. I’m completely okay with paying $60 a year for fight nights, I can easily pay for it by skipping any ppv featuring cyborg.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I'm not paying for poo poo if they're doing fights like GSP vs Nate.

I don’t really care about retired rich guy fights because it’s not like those guys would fight anyone better if they weren’t fighting each other. Nate should fight Colby Covington and GSP should fight Dos Anjos and there should be no interim WW title in a perfect world, but oh well.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

threeagainstfour posted:

If ESPN+ takes the place of Fightpass entirely that's pretty cool. Fightpass has been godawful lately in terms of streaming issues and the search function has always returned results in a head scratching manner.

I read that as the fight library and random b-leagues still being on fightpass and the fight nights and TNCS being on ESPN.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Rigel posted:

USADA is going to start rewarding fighters who passed 25 tests with a pat on the head and a T-shirt.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/994290947138707456

Two of the inaugural winners are Vitor and Cyborg

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

evobatman posted:

The idea was that she was going through Rondas four horsewomen one by one to get to Ronda.

she poo poo talked her way into that title shot. As much as she sucks as a fighter, she did a better job than anyone since Chael talking her way into undeserved money fights

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
the Bendo fight was cool because Guida’s gameplan was endless scrambles and Bendo got the better of every single one. Guida was genuinely confused that he lost becuase normally when his fights are constant wrestling without him hurting his opponent he wins.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I know everyone hates Bendo but he had some cool fights.

he was fun versus bad fighters but dire to watch versus good ones

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I have a rose emoji by my twitter name so you’d better believe I’m going to side with the one rich guy who’s trying to hardball the more rich guy. Also, comic book movies are fairly freaking problematic.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
can you tell us more about your warhammer fan fiction

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Untrustable posted:

Ok I just got off the phone with my brother and he has answered your oil dome questions. I'm quoting him pretty much directly.

Did anyone ever conquer the oil cell? "No, no one hosed with me in prison".

How did you bait people into the cell? "I talked poo poo and they'd come runnin'. I'd call them faggots or pussies and tell them to come get me".

Was it weird calling people faggots since you're an openly gay man? "No. It was loving prison."

How did you get people over and over? "You wanted to either catch one of the new guys who was acting tough, or wait long enough for someone to forget that you had done it to them before"

So people willingly entered your oil cell even after getting beat up in the same way? Why? "Because if they didn't come at me they'd be fuckin' losers and the rest of the guys would gently caress with them."

Who taught you this? Or did you come up with it on your own? "It's just prison poo poo. Everyone did it."

And a shocking revelation...

You're telling me your whole cell block knew the oil gambit and did it to each other? "Yeah but I was really good at it."

Did you ever get oiled? "Yeah but he was naked and oiled himself up and I was naked so it was a fair fight."

Did you win? "Yeah."

He says he's glad y'all can have a laugh about it and says hi.

lmao at every detail

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I had not heard of the Tom Horton making GBS threads and will forget it immediately after making this post, but oil dome is currently the most important thing in my life.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I’ve watched like five PPVs and two TV cards in the past two years becuase I’m always busy Saturdays and don’t have cable, but I watch all the fight pass cards in Ulaan Bator or wherever and I watch old fights a couple of times a week. UFC is good and you don’t have to watch all the cards. Having some kind of brand split where they promote people to PPV or Fox might be good for following fighters but a nightmare for making fights.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
also it’s cool the UFC tripled their TV deal so now instead of whining about Debt the cool business goons can whine about there being too many fights (the exact same number as before the ESPN deal)

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Neurosis posted:

there have been too many for a while. so the fighters i give a poo poo about get spread out over more cards, meaning there's less incentive to watch any one card. which means i get less exposure to new guys coming up. i still watch probably half the cards, but usually not very attentively and i rarely bother with the undercard as more than background noise to whatever else i'm doing.

I do have a feeling that my lack of interest compared to 2011-2012 is due to so many fights and fighters to follow. But on the other hand I usually enjoy the bad cards full of people I’ve never heard of nearly as much as big PPVs and back in 2011 I would voluntarily watch EFC Africa and knew who Matt Horwich was and now the UFC is all of my mma knowledge.

I don’t know what a solution is to making us gay nerds more involved. Or if they need one. I give the UFC as much if not more money as I ever did.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

replace oleinik with fedor and let mark get the revenge he deserves by finishing that arm bar

It was an Americano. He arm barred Rothwell.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lid posted:

Remember that time they tried to have an all Heavyweight main card and every fight fell apart?

It still wound up being all heavyweights on the main card and was pretty good

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

JaySB posted:

This isn't a serious post right?

my friend works for the ufc and he said they always drug the guys they want to lose the fight

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Troxartas posted:

edit: poo poo is that breaking tables?

nice fake tweet created with tweeterino.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Jesus Christ.

yet somehow this thread is still the best place I’ve found to talk about mma on the internet

• Locked thread