Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

What is it about the Korean MMA landscape that produces fighters with poor defense? It's weird that TKZ is the guy who comes to mind for having any defensive sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

Unless your moms called you something like Applebees or Weasel out of a total lack of respect for you or youre from a tiny tribe or something then you can probably trace your name back to the bible or the jewish bible or some other style of bible

Yes those tiny tribes of India and China.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

there still wouldn't be enough dedicated coaches and unfortunate Mexican meat to stop him getting his brains blasted out early. Can't really pin this one on him, Canelo is the guy who really authored that KO

Live by the tainted meat, die by the tainted meat.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

That's his TUE right there.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

What a monster.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I scrolled down to see someone getting water boarded and I thought to myself, oh boy, Tim Kennedy being extra again, and of course.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

Hell I might as well call out Jones, I've got just as much chance of getting that fight as Chuck does.

*Checks to see if this was same poster who said Cowboy was 50/50 against a programmer*

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Are Dagestanis well regarded across Russia, or at least in Moscow? Like is Khabib gonna get the pop that the UFC wants?

I remember when Fedor's daughter was attacked, I asked about the national outlook on Kadyrov and Chechnya and weird things like the attacker was of "Slavic appearance", but it was never clear to be how MMA and the different Caucasian republics are thought of.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Untrustable posted:

Imagine being genuinely afraid that the baby oil guy was gonna call you out from his cell. That would be far worse.

It's like there were no options. Shoot for the legs? Nope. You'd slide on the oil and slam into the toilet. Go up high? Nope you'll just throw yourself off balance. The only option was to make a valiant effort and get covered in hot baby oil while a man pummels you about the head and face.

Did anyone try to enhance their shoe grip with homemade yaktrax or maybe t-shirt rags?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

You can tell he's about to ask if Chael likes his beard, and if not, if there's a beef.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

ESPN long ago integrated oildome into their media presence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hW73qko_wQ

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Re funny fights, Melvin vs Cyborg 1 is the ultimate expression of two man gasout:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om3sZo9KIxI

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

i'm not going to earnestly defend the oildome guy's honour but he literally never claimed that.

> Did anyone ever conquer the oil cell? "No, no one hosed with me in prison".

He might have lost some matches outside the Oildome, but inside he was never defeated.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Till is really big, and I think he has a real shot at punching over some of Thompson's kicks. Basically work at Thompson's range more effectively than others have.
I think Till took one or two really good shots from Cerrone, and while he didn't just shrug them off, he was able to work past them.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

I'm not the only one furiously F5ing hunto's instagram account am I

First thing I checked when I saw that Werdum popped.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

JJ should have a press conference acknowledging that before signing, and then after the contract is signed, flip the script and talk whatever poo poo she wants.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

"It's all a gay man! It's all a gay man" -- GSP

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

God bless that man
https://loopvideos.com/deVoaRTfVqs?from=535&to=538

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Man, that GSP JRE really got to him.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Goon brother needs to meth up and get back in to defend the belt.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

How far ahead of time do they film the talking head promos on cards? Wanna see Till talking about how huge he is. And maybe he cutting weight isn't an issue.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

https://twitter.com/Jason_Floyd/status/1000832432067829760

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the lack of anything happening at all in till/thompson is partly stylistic and partly because the octagon is so enormous and open that it makes that sort of fight possible and desirable by the fighters

Dana White announces PUBG style shrinking cage when strikes drops below 10 a round.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

My DMV has electronic displays to tell you which counter to go to. And they sell really lovely ad space to run on these boards. Guess the ESPN deal is so important that the UFC needs to advertise here as well.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Ouch https://www.mmamania.com/2018/6/2/17420284/pic-walt-harris-daniel-spitz-suffer-broken-bones-in-ufc-utica-clash-mma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

If you look at any of CM's training footage, you'd know he's already dead.

• Locked thread