Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why do we have beef Memento?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still laugh really hard when Edmund posted the "He may have won the battle but he lost the war" after Travis Browne got KO'd by Derrick Lewis with a picture of Browne & Rousey.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's a hard no for me. ESPN rarely if ever has something I want to see.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the weird balkanisation of tv rights is whatever because i'm not watching it anyway, but in the uk they were polling people on paying an extra £5 a month just to watch dogshit at 3am and i am extremely not watching that

I mean I'll watch it but I am not going to be a subscriber if you know what I mean.

I already pay for Fight Pass so I don't see the point in paying for another web streaming service just to watch UFC's fights.

Captain Log posted:

Yeah, I hate having multiple services. But fuckit if it's the same price.

Wait so if you have fight pass you get $5 off for ESPN+ or is it vice versa?

Also what other poo poo other than 30 for 30 is on that service?

Edit - Nevermind, its not even available here without doing a VPN so lol.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 9, 2018

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

Is this a global deal thing or only in America?

ESPN+ geoblocks South Korean IPs.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She's from Australia so yeah less civilized nations is a good bet.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cyber Dog posted:

I don't understand why people find the accent thing so strange? I've lived in Pittsburgh for a few years and now sound like an absolute idiot, including saying things like "does the car need washed". It's pretty easy to imagine what living in a different country does to how you speak.

My final year of high school I lived in Egypt and was the only person at the school I went to who spoke English natively. My English sucked so hard after a year.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dan Didio posted:

As-Salaam Alaikum, Mike Perry.

Cooper is now advertising her fight with Dern as the first 'Strawweight vs. Flyweight' fight, which is pretty funny.

Good. Beat up that fatty with the totally fake accent Cooper!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So FOX gives up UFC to pick up WWE.

:thinking:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I haven't watched a UFC fight that didn't take place during sociable European hours for years now and I still post here and follow all the news for some reason

You have a brain problem friend. That's why.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I.N.R.I posted:

i bet its a miserable job in its own way,. i mean i like to play videogames for hours every day, but not 1 game for 14 hours a day and they are probably all abusing stimulants and benzos and stuff too cos i bet they dont drug test pro gamers

Also they have crippling social issues and are also mostly barely past the high school level. Conversely most UFC guys went to college and can do stuff after the sport. Pro gamers best option is Gamestop.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^^ Someone lost a parlay it seems.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shouldn't have come at The Count.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mewse, are you going to re-open the Dana White Tuesday Night Contender Series thread or make a new one?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mewse posted:

Someone else can make a new one, I'm unsubbed from fight pass and have been struggling to follow TUF even tho my homeboy Brad Katona is on it.

Gotcha. I'll make a thread tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Season 2 thread for Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series Presented is up.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859059

• Locked thread