Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Does Conor exist? I thought I'd dreamt him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

mewse posted:

It's not torture and that's why we're free to inflict it on prisoners in order to force them to reveal information

You can probably get anyone who claims waterboarding isn't torture to admit that it's unpleasant, anxiety-inducing, coercive, persuasive, painful, and literally everything else that adds up to torture, but they'll stick to it not being torture. That's because anyone who says waterboarding is not torture is a moron, and, by the transitive property of dipshits, Tim Kennedy is a moron.

Also, is that just a bunch of his friends with a garden hose in his back yard? I'm sure that's exactly the same thing as having an enemy operative trained in the technique doing it in a cinder-block basement, somewhere.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Foul Fowl posted:

that's a badass ko. i hope machida retires now so he can chill with his monkeys without any more brain trauma.

My sources tell me that whoever lost that fight was going to retire in the ring, and whoever won the fight was going to stay in the UFC and suffer an escalating series of beatings, until his star power no longer outweighs his over-the-hillness, and the UFC stops scheduling him for fights, forcing him to slink off to the B-leagues where up-and-comers can build names for themselves by knocking him unconscious.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Ezekiel 3:16.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I am willing to risk 62-year-old Chuck Liddell’s remaining health for the 2% of the time he decapitates Jon Bon Jonesy.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Guys, Mighty Mouse earns more today than a different fighter who hasn’t been relevant in a decade did when he was at his peak fifteen years ago and when the UFC was two steps above backyard wrestling, and top prospects were cashiering at the Piggly Wiggly to make ends meet. Also, back then, fighters could wear condom ads and industrial bolt manufacturer’s names on their shorts to effetively quadruple their earning potential, but none of those things count, because I’m going to say “six figures” a couple of times.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

JaySB posted:

I can't believe they're letting a guy with one hand fight.

They let a guy with one pectoral muscle fight, so there's precedent.

Do big chain bars like BW3 show fight nights? I kinda want to get out of the house.

Edit: vv I guess that makes sense.

Veni Vidi Ameche! fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 20, 2018

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Log posted:

Punk didn't get beaten into oblivion in his first shot. He just looked desperately outclassed.

Let him slang and bang with Tank Abbott or something. I promise you, tens of dollars are to be made.

The elderly, profoundly obese Tank Abbott would wheeze into the center of the ring, do a combat roll made lopsided by the leg he lost to diabetes, and then loving destroy CM Punk.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Neurosis posted:

and i thought rockhold was known for his prowess with gashes.

Not when they’re bleeding.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I do have a feeling that my lack of interest compared to 2011-2012 is due to so many fights and fighters to follow. But on the other hand I usually enjoy the bad cards full of people I’ve never heard of nearly as much as big PPVs and back in 2011 I would voluntarily watch EFC Africa and knew who Matt Horwich was and now the UFC is all of my mma knowledge.

There have been a number of cards recently that looked kind of dire on paper, but turned out to actually be cool.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Jerusalem posted:

UFC: Darren Till, you failed to make weight, then you failed to make weight again, then you KOed your 12-year-old opponent. We have no choice but to give you a title shot against Demetrious Johnson.

Can MMMDMMJ make 188?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Fentry posted:

Looks like Michael Bisping has decided against having a final fight and retired, probably a smart move

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/05/former-ufc-champion-tuf-winner-michael-bisping-announces-retirement

Good for him. I’ve always enjoyed his fights. I particularly enjoyed when Dan Henderson killed him. Michael Bisping has been a reanimated, shambling corpse ever since, and it’s been pretty great.

It’s kind of mind-blowing that Michael Bisping’s retirement announcement can include the phrase “former UFC champion.“

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

STONE COLD 64 posted:

my local one in henderson, if you dont schedule an appt a day in advance you can wait upwards to 7 hours for anything more complex than a license renewal

Really? Pop over to the one on W. Flamingo at Cimarron, or Sahara and St. Louis. I don't think I've ever spent more than an hour or so in either one. The one on Sahara has a billion clerks, and always moves pretty quick.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

JaySB posted:

To be fair, one can literally look online at the wait times before deciding which one to choose.

Oh, yeah. That, too.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

TheReverend posted:

You know what it's probably worth it if you want to see comedy.

Different means to the same end but still.

Every time I hear about an MMA or other sports star branching out into some weird, unrelated field, I secretly hope they turn out to be really good at it. Publicly, I laugh at them so I can be in on the joke when the person bombs and looks like a dumb stupid idiot no-talent hack at their new vocation.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Someone told me that Yoel Romero tried to end Derek Brunson’s lineage via testicular TKO.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Marching Powder posted:

holy poo poo punk is like a +185 underdog? surely punk has offered mike jackson some money on the side to work the fight. he can't lose this one surely. it would be too pathetic.

Did he bring any eyeballs with him to his first fight? Does the UFC give a poo poo what happens in the upcoming bout?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

loving lol. Classic Yoel. Loel Romero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Snowman_McK posted:

It's like Saints Row 3 in real life.

I didn't play it, so I am just going to assume it's absolutely rife with dick-punching.

Belgian Waffle posted:

Holy poo poo.

Lol, is this your first exposure? World Order is loving amazing. You don't even need the sound to appreciate them. I don't know why he spent so much time getting his skull abused when he has such talent for precision dance choreography.

• Locked thread