Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

El Roncho posted:

Didn't people used to say GSP wasn't all that big of a welter in his prime? I guess it's feasible he could make 155 but I'd still be shocked as hell to see it.

People actually said he was small which I never understood unless your points of comparison are just peak Thiago Alves and roided to the gills Johny Hendricks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
What does Vitor need a service dog for? Is it the pitbull he was connected to the testicles of for the roid decades?

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

BlindSite posted:

Machida asked for Bisping. Tbh it makes sense for both of em to take that fight and retire afterwards.

while looking broadly at their careers and where they are now i agree, that fight sounds wicked boring.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Gay Horney posted:

What happened to that outrageously good looking dude who beat up Hendricks I think about him a lot

good name/post combo

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Snowman_McK posted:

Guida was cool when he was losing fun fights where he got hit a lot. I feel like that doesn't happen enough anymore since someone told him what 'gameplanning' is.

when most fighters outclass an opponent such that the opponent can't stop the fighter doing exactly what he planned for, we get an entertaining ko or tko, a sub, or at least some dominant positional grappling. with guida, we'd see him humping someone in full guard while landing tiny elbows without any posturing up.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Bundt Cake posted:

I looked up Curtis Blaydes to make sure its real and hes a weeeeeeeeeeed guy

the name certainly sounds like a '70s blaxploitation protagonist; i don't know how the weed relates to this.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

dox posted:

Rockhold injured his "knee" with an apparent gash to the shin

graphic content :barf:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/999043898906415104

and i thought rockhold was known for his prowess with gashes.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i look forward to there being so many more cards with guys without wikipedia pages which i will not watch.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

El Roncho posted:

“I can’t wait to not watch UFC fights,” he posted in the UFC thread, for some stupid loving reason.

'i cant wait to not watch strikeforce challengers fights pretending to be ufc fights' :)

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Fat Twitter Man posted:

also it’s cool the UFC tripled their TV deal so now instead of whining about Debt the cool business goons can whine about there being too many fights (the exact same number as before the ESPN deal)

there have been too many for a while. so the fighters i give a poo poo about get spread out over more cards, meaning there's less incentive to watch any one card. which means i get less exposure to new guys coming up. i still watch probably half the cards, but usually not very attentively and i rarely bother with the undercard as more than background noise to whatever else i'm doing.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Dangersim posted:

This has been happening for at least 10 years

a lot of the ones that look like poo poo on paper actually end up being poo poo but those don't stick out so much in the memory, not being surprising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Matt Lindland posted:

That's famous meth addict "Mark Hunt". His parents tried to name him "Mike Hunt" but the doctors wouldn't let them.

i've got a mining law textbook on my shelf at work written by michael hunt. apparently he's kind of a prick in person so his parents knew what they were doing

• Locked thread