Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I'm not paying for poo poo if they're doing fights like GSP vs Nate.

Edit: I'm not paying for poo poo.

Awesome, one less person to complain about fighter pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Snowman_McK posted:

Or Jon Fitch, or Carlos Condit, or Nick Diaz. Hughes and Sherk were both carrying more muscle, even if they were shorter. The only exceptions were Penn and Serra.

Again, definitively saying he's small might be a little much, but he's not big for the division

Lol nope. GSP was also bigger (mass wise) than Condit, Diaz, koscheck, hardy, and probably many more. At the time guys like Luigi fiorivani were solid size WW and plenty of chubby lightweights populates the top 20.

He was never the biggest but he’s not undersized against any WW.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

...and the pitch! posted:

I don't blame MM for not wanting to take the fight that makes the UFC the most money when the UFC won't promote him or pay him like a champion.

Huh? He gets paid more than BJ penn did, a popular champion who people actually paid to watch and generated revenue for the company.

I’m not one to jump in and call pro fighters midgets or anything, but being the 125 champ is like being the best basketball player under 6’ or the fastest chihuahua or something.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
MM has been making good cheese ($300k+) long before he was worth that much in buys, if he even is now.

The frustrating thing as a fan is that, dude you have a nice contract and get paid well to fight nobodies, the one time we ask you to earn your salary and put on a fight we actually want to watch, you want triple. gently caress off

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Snowman_McK posted:

It's also the rule that if you want the guy to take the bigger, riskier, more profitable fight, you pay him more.

MM gets X to fight contenders to his belt and when the contender is really lovely, they don’t pay less, they honor the contract. When MM finally has a challenge again he wants to hardball for a gigantic raise. If they were asking him to go up to BW, I’d say he deserves the 2 mil he wants, but he shouldn’t demand Conor’s opponent money to fight anyone with a name in his own weight class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Snowman_McK posted:

Pretend I can find that long quote of Mighty Mouse explaining his side.

Also, pretend you only just realised the idea of taking Dana White at face value is absurd.

The whole saga is dumb as poo poo. At the time, Bisping was refusing to fight anyone, Woodley would not stop complaining, Conor wasn't even in the sport, Cyborg thought she wasn't being supported in a division they made for her, but somehow it's MM who gets thrown under the bus for ducking someone who's not even in his weight class.

I agree that the other champions are even worse lol

• Locked thread