Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«12 »
precision
May 7, 2006

Gonna have me some good friends around
Gonna have me some good times in town

Propaganda Machine posted:

I had to skip through the end of the scene in the cliff. There were a few painfully bad and awkward scenes in there.

that scene in particular is so baffling, they're literally hanging on to the edge and could JUST CLIMB UP

and now i'm seeing that the guy who wrote all three movies also co-wrote The Fifth Element, The Transporter, and Taken, wrote Taps for crying out loud, and got paid $135,000 for his first screenplay which was never even made into a film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Jerk McJerkface posted:

The best part is "oh there's a new rule that last year's champion doesn't have to fight in the tournament, he can just skip to the finals."

See that doesn't seem totally unrealistic to me. Are there not some tournaments of whatever kind/sport that actually work like that?

Jerk McJerkface
Jan 16, 2004

LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX

Soiled Meat

Hipster_Doofus posted:

See that doesn't seem totally unrealistic to me. Are there not some tournaments of whatever kind/sport that actually work like that?

I've never seen a single sports event where that is the case.

Especially in one where the contender would have been punched and kicked all day, and then has to fight a fresh opponent.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

At that point it's just a title belt that you have to win a tournament to have a shot at first.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

spandexcajun posted:

Daniel rides a torpedo launched from a submarine headed toward a battleship, jumps off the torpedo onto a airplane, jumps from the airplane into a car (that jumped) and gets in the car and lands.

I'm not lying. I also saw the sphinx and I think Lao Pan from Big trouble in little china town.

EDIT: I missed a motorcycle jump onto the airplane before riding the torpedo.

Didn't the creators of Cobra Kai say they considered everything Karate Kid to be canon?

Everything?!

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Especially in one where the contender would have been punched and kicked all day, and then has to fight a fresh opponent.

Aha, right. Hadn't thought of it that way. Yeah that'd be absurd... not be a fair test of the current champion's abilities at all.

Hipster_Doofus fucked around with this message at May 22, 2018 around 00:08

precision
May 7, 2006

Gonna have me some good friends around
Gonna have me some good times in town

wa27 posted:

At that point it's just a title belt that you have to win a tournament to have a shot at first.

yeah it's Pro Wrestling rules which are obviously not terribly relevant to "real" tournaments

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Just finished the first season and I cannot believe how entertaining that was. Right from the beginning I thought this would be some cheap knockoff rebranding, and that all odds of this being good, let alone entertaining, were very bad.
I couldn't have been more wrong. It was such a popcorn fun show every week, and the energy never went down. Feels like there's still a lot of space to breathe for season 2 also.
Surprisingly funny, and surprisingly good watch for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

There are lost episodes of course. Stories that were commissioned but never made. Or made but misfiled, post broadcast. Sheer incompetence, of course.

wa27 posted:

I wanted to reflexively kick you in the face when I saw your word choice.

«12 »