Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Cobra Kai is an amazingly badass name for a dojo.

How realistic are the timeframes for martial arts training? Are Miguel or Robbie really going to start training in September and be a black belt ready to win the martial arts tournament by June? I assume it's sped up some because no one wants to watch three seasons of punching drills before they're allowed to get in real fights, but I'm curious as to how long it takes to become ready to enter a competition like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Okay, so I watched Karate Kid 3 on the advice of this thread. I actually started with the Rifftrax but cut over to regular audio after a bit because I was digging it. So... it's a total loss for the good guys, right? Daniel-san wins the tournament, but they didn't really give a poo poo about the tournament in the first place, the whole movie was him being forced to enter it. And his win basically has the largest asterisk ever next to it -- everyone watched Mike Barnes just beat the poo poo out of him for the entire match, even throwing away his own points to clown on him some more, and then Daniel just gets a lucky point in when they go to sudden death. No one's walking away from that match thinking Barnes wasn't a hilariously better fighter.

And then, well, Miyagi and Daniel got their lives hosed over. I assume the bonsai shop failed after getting smashed up and getting all its inventory stolen, Daniel lost his money for college, and Terry Silver gets to go back to hiding toxic waste all over the globe. And Mike Barnes has learned a valuable lesson about loving around too much when he beats up a nerd.

• Locked thread