Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Finally got around to watching this and god drat this show was so much better than it had any right to be. Acting wasn't the best but it was perfect for what it was. Writing was a million times better than I thought it would be too. It also did a good job balancing the "millennials are snowflakes" with the 80s chauvinistic machismo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

zoux posted:

They did a good job turning Miguel into a scary badass. Hawk too, those kids did good training work. I wonder how long they spent learning karate moves

The cafeteria fight is great, when he ducks the fat kids punch, ooh wee

The more I think about it, Hawk was the real winner in this movie. He went from being unable to speak he was so shy, to ripping off his shirt and yelling during a public contest. He also got the cutest girl in the movie; though she was an airhead. He also moved past his sycophantic friendship to become his own person. I can forgive him becoming a bully himself because hey that's what happens when you flip the script.

Re: Jaden Smith's Karate Kid, ok it was obviously just a vehicle to help try and make Jaden's career, but the movie wasn't awful and it at least tries to depict life in another country, particularly an Asian country that isn't Japan. I mean I'm sure that was just part of the marketing strategy, so that they could court the Chinese government, but still. It wasn't terrible but in comparison to some of the other reboots of franchises that poo poo on one's childhood that falls in the middle.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

MiddleOne posted:

No, at most tournaments seed previous champions and wild-cards to avoid the best contenders squaring off in the first rounds.

That's not always true. In MMA, Bellator doesn't really do that. Pride did but they usually just planned on a big second round. In MMA it's too risky to try and hope for a big finals because random injuries happen and getting an upset over a big star almost never results in that person becoming a big star themselves so you just end up hurting your real draw.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Based on the huge success of this show I am really interested to see what the first copycat will be.

Teen Witch? Sixteen Candles? Footloose? Fast Times at Ridgemont High?

Goonies.

edit: Totally forgot Josh Brolin was that lead in that. Good luck getting him now.

• Locked thread