Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCe9DTWmhhxeKyYHL4mldGcA

Set thirty years after the events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament, the series focuses on Johnny Lawrence reopening the Cobra Kai dojo, which causes his rivalry with Daniel LaRusso to be reignited.

The first 2 episodes are free on Youtube the the next 8 are youtubered subscription only. I was floored by the quality of this show. I intended on watching a few at a time then ended up marathoning the whole season.

gohmak fucked around with this message at 02:57 on May 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

DivisionPost posted:

I’m sorry, you’re going to have to elaborate on this.

she had zero reflection about how she treated miguel by hiding their relationship from her family.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

KongGeorgeVII posted:

If you have never seen the film is it still worth watching?

Probably better if you haven't seen the movies first because they incorporated mythos and flashbacks organically. "back in my day we had to" jokes.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Rhyno posted:

It's been a long rear end time since I seen it but didn't Daniel's apartment building get bulldozed in KK3?

retconned I guess.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Propaganda Machine posted:

Is KK3 worth watching? The first sequel was okay but it lost enough magic that I never really wanted to watch the last one.

If you didn’t love KK2 then I don’t know what to tell you. KK3 has fat, coked up Ralph Maccio and Terry Silver sooo

gohmak fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 6, 2018

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

nooneofconsequence posted:

My doctor said I could be on the spectrum.

I don't know what that is but you should get off.

"I'm gonna teach you the best defence there is. Hyah! More offense."

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Rocksicles posted:

Daniel's wife is great.

"because you BLOW the competition away."

She's great.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

LadyPictureShow posted:

Burned through the first three episodes last night, and I love it so far, and really like the interaction between Johnny and Miguel.

I have to ask though, in E2, when he’s at the dealership, and he says Daniel won on an illegal kick, was it illegal? I seem to remember a ‘no hits to the face’ rule, but it’s been forever since I saw Karate Kid.

Daniel’s fixation on Cobra Kai being reopened seems ridiculous and petty, but at the same time, I have 7 episodes left (did Cobra Kai show up as the bad guys in a later KK movie or something?)

All contact must be controlled. The point is to touch not KO.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
https://youtu.be/SEgYGeBeeAA

Sean Kanan can get hosed.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

gently caress yeah.

Watching a second time with the family. This show has so many quotables.

"Mmm I really like these bananas"

"They're called plantains."

"Oh, in english we call them bananas."

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
"No Mercy, BITCH!"

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Daniel's wife saw The Karate Kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

precision posted:

Johnny was a goddamn saint for even saying "You're all right, LaRusso" after Daniel beat him in a tournament he didn't know the rules of and for which he was vastly underleveled with an OP move that he had his uncle cheat code in for him.

That was retconned for the show. In the movie Johnny gets crane kicked and crawls to the edge of the mat then gets up. In the show he lays face first.

• Locked thread