Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scoops My Goops
Dec 3, 2004

by Reene
Binged the whole thing yesterday and today. I really enjoyed Johnny's character arc from loser to a guy that made a difference in these kids' lives. I also liked the finale in the sense that he realized he may have created some monsters he can't reign in.

It's also not a new idea, but it was nice getting Johnny's take on how he wasn't really a dick to Daniel, and how LaRusso actually instigated most of the "bullying" incidents in the movies.

I liked it a lot more than i expected to enjoy a sequel series to a 34-year-old kids movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scoops My Goops
Dec 3, 2004

by Reene
Johnny having Miguel do the Crane Kick in front of Daniel was a cute bit of business

Scoops My Goops
Dec 3, 2004

by Reene

Monglo posted:

Why are people saying Daniel turned out wrong and betrayed Miyagi's teachings? He's constantly shown as being an upright person with good morals - sure, he left karate long time ago, and self-describes as being overly emotional due to pressures of adulthood - but that's just what makes him a normal human, not some martial arts boyscout as presented in the movie.
I really enjoyed the more realistic study the show goes into - what would events that happened in the Karate Kid do to people on both sides and explores the reasons for how they got into that situation and what would've occurred after. Which I had a lot of fun following.
Really good show. Hope they get to do a second season.

Miyagi's number 1 lesson is balance, and Daniel has lost that. The show even addresses it at one point, but by the end he is starting his own dojo not to just spread the philosophy, but to compete with his childhood enemy.

Scoops My Goops
Dec 3, 2004

by Reene

MiddleOne posted:

You really need to watch KK3, I can't keep repeating enough that it is a treasure.

I watched it with the Rifftrax and it was pretty great.

• Locked thread