Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005
Oh, Jesus fuck. It's like the Nazis opened The Ark Of The Covenant, and I looked.

Burned through the first three episodes last night, and I love it so far, and really like the interaction between Johnny and Miguel.

I have to ask though, in E2, when he’s at the dealership, and he says Daniel won on an illegal kick, was it illegal? I seem to remember a ‘no hits to the face’ rule, but it’s been forever since I saw Karate Kid.

Daniel’s fixation on Cobra Kai being reopened seems ridiculous and petty, but at the same time, I have 7 episodes left (did Cobra Kai show up as the bad guys in a later KK movie or something?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005
Oh, Jesus fuck. It's like the Nazis opened The Ark Of The Covenant, and I looked.

Thanks for explaining things guys!

I was looking up KK3, and came across a weird fan theory for S2:

Miguel’s mom said she fled when she learned about what kind of person Miguel’s father was. Silver had a throwaway comment about Borneo. Even though the mother fled Ecuador, some people are convinced a plot twist in S2 is that Silver is Miguel’s father

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

The timeline doesn't match up for that.

That’s why I said it was weird. Unless that the person throwing that theory around meant he was going around for decades doing bad stuff.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

My dad’s in town, and I was telling him about this show. He was intrigued, and he doesn’t care about any TV show I recommend him.

Too bad he’s an old and can’t understand YouTube, let alone YouTube you have to pay for.

Maybe I’ll do the free one-month and watch it with him next time I go home to visit.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Astroman posted:

I'm glad to see you're getting along with your father Robby!

Hahaha

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Dang, we finished it up last night, and with that ending, I don’t want to wait for S2. I want more episodes now.

Hawk and his tattoo were incredible.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

TheCenturion posted:

Ayesha wasn't let in because of her family; Johnny didn't care about that. She was let in after she beat the poo poo out of Miguel with a bodyslam->knee drop combo. "Girl's a natural Cobra."

Yeah, but that’s after Miguel mentions Johnny needs more students and her dad was a former pro-linebacker, so $$$. Before that he wasn’t willing to give her a chance straight out.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

withak posted:

@ "I don't want blood on the patio so why don't we all go inside and work this out over breakfast?"

I loved Johnny dousing his food with the salt or pepper shaker in the background while Daniel was arguing with his wife on the patio.

And Johnny and the fat son ‘you got any ketchup?’
‘Yeah, go get it yourself’.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Jerk McJerkface posted:

The best part is "oh there's a new rule that last year's champion doesn't have to fight in the tournament, he can just skip to the finals."

I guess to spare us a tournament montage or to spare Ralph from having to do more katate than necessary.

I could have sworn Johnny had some fights in the ‘you’re the best’ montage. Though it coulda been Dutch; they both had super-bleached 80s hair

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Hells yeah that face-kick was like the coolest thing I saw as a kid!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I'm referring to KK3, in which a clearly out of shape 35 year old Ralph does as little actual karate as possible.

Whoops. My mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Butter-drinker is the best character in this show.

How did I miss the butter-drinking scene?! Maybe I got up to get a straw for my tall glass of melted butter soda