Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

StashAugustine posted:

Also I moved my token, can't edit spreadsheet. Do you need an email or something for that?

There's a button somewhere that sez "request access" that sends panzeh a note requesting edit access. You do need a gmail account for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
CSX operates
Upgrades New Orleans
Run 2+ from NO-Port for 100
Run 2+ from NO-Birmingham for 70
Run 2+ from NO-Houston for 70

Half pay $120, $24/share($48 to Panzeh, $24 to Squishy, $24 to company)
$120 to company holdings

Pay $30 interest

Buy 3T for $250
Holdings are $59
CSX goes up 2 spaces to $90

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

WP operates
Upgrades H15 (Dallas Fort Worth) new exits E,SE
Runs 2T San Antonio to DFW 70
"" Santa Fe, 70
"" Mexico, 70
"" Mexico, 70
Half Pay 140/140, move up 3 on the stock market
Pay 35 interest (2 regular, 1 land grant)
Pay off regular loan for 100, move up 2 on the stock market
Stock price at 100, holdings at 10

Papes, you used the Dallas Fort Worth tile on Denver, instead of the correct generic B tile. Your move's still fine because both tiles pay 50, but it's got no new exits.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jul 1, 2018

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
UP Operates
Upgrades iron token
Run 2T from Helena to Seattle for $80
Run 2T from Helena to Fargo for $70
Half pay $75/75
Pay $15 interest
Pay off 1 loan for $100
Share price goes up 4 spaces to $86
Holdings are $5

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

We've got 2 ORs left with our 2 trains right? Trying to figure out what i wanna do w N&W

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

At the end of this forthcoming OR (ie 2nd OR 2, we currently being in 1st OR 2), all remaining 3Ts are exported. That leaves three 3+Ts to chew through before the 4T is bought/exported that vanishes everyone's 2Ts.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

StashAugustine posted:

We've got 2 ORs left with our 2 trains right? Trying to figure out what i wanna do w N&W

Possibly. The 2s only go when the first 4T comes out.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

N&W operates

Upgrade Columbus (exits Cleveland, river)
Run Detroit-Columbus for 70, Columbus-NYC for 80: $150
Half pay 75, 75 (price + )
Buy 3t from SR for $120
Pay 30 interest
Holdings 19, price 70

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The sheet has N&W starting with $64 holdings (which matches your last post), and that turn spends $75. You can either withold all the profits, or buy the 3T for $109
Also, a payout of $75 would increase the stock price up two notches, to $74. Due to the long stock market, It moves up 1 space if you pay out half the current value, 2 for the current value or more, 3 if you pay half as much again, and 4 for double.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Whoops, hosed up math editing my turn. Yeah I guess sell for $109, and I'll edit the market- thanks for the catch.

Just to check: when a company is liquidated, you start off by bidding for stations/trains/privates starting at $0 from the bank, the cash from the sale is added to the treasury and used to pay off loans, then any surplus is divvied up between shareholders and deficit paid for by the president, then (if bought) all assets go to whichever company bought it. As long as you have the cash to pay up the loans, there's no penalty to losing the company, correct?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

StashAugustine posted:

Whoops, hosed up math editing my turn. Yeah I guess sell for $109, and I'll edit the market- thanks for the catch.

Just to check: when a company is liquidated, you start off by bidding for stations/trains/privates starting at $0 from the bank, the cash from the sale is added to the treasury and used to pay off loans, then any surplus is divvied up between shareholders and deficit paid for by the president, then (if bought) all assets go to whichever company bought it. As long as you have the cash to pay up the loans, there's no penalty to losing the company, correct?

Basically the company as a whole goes up for auction as liquidation, so you're right on that one.

You can't personally lose anything from a liquidation of a company unless it's in debt, in which case you'll be on the hook for the difference between the debt and the purchase price+cash on hand.

ATSF operates
Lay sharp tile at E13
Run no trains, go back one spot
Buy 3T and 2+ from CSX for $135
ATSF's holdings are $1, share price is $62

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

If you've got the personal funds to cover it, then there's no further penalty beyond having to spend that money. But as private wealth is victory points, it's still not great. If you know your company's shaky, it might be better to arrange a friendly sale before it falls into liquidation. You'd get a better price for your shares, and it keeps the loans in the corporate world where they belong. But that's not always possible of course.
If you can't afford it, then you're out of the game but that's by the by.

BNSF operates
Lays track at G9, exit NW H16, exit SE
Runs 2T SF to Denver, 90
"", 80
Half pay 85/85, move up 2 spaces
Pay 30 interest
Buy 2+T from SP for 57
Holdings at 0, share price at 70

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 1, 2018

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Mr. Squishy posted:

If you've got the personal funds to cover it, then there's no further penalty beyond having to spend that money. But as private wealth is victory points, it's still not great. If you know your company's shaky, it might be better to arrange a friendly sale before it falls into liquidation. You'd get a better price for your shares, and it keeps the loans in the corporate world where they belong. But that's not always possible of course.
If you can't afford it, then you're out of the game but that's by the by.

BNSF operates
Lays track at G9, exit NW
Runs 2T SF to Denver, 90
"", 80
Half pay 85/85, move up 2 spaces
Pay 30 interest
Buy 2+T from SP for 57
Holdings at 0, share price at 70

Yeah, generally letting a company liquidate with the 4ts is not ideal. Typically, you'd like to have your companies that you don't want to keep up go into friendly sale so you can have a company pay you for it. I'm not sure anyone would buy SR in a friendly sale, though.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Looking at the board, D8 (just east of Boise) has been upgraded w/ a coal token. Papes was that you? It's not mentioned in your post but I don't see anyone else who could or would want to.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Panzeh posted:

Yeah, generally letting a company liquidate with the 4ts is not ideal. Typically, you'd like to have your companies that you don't want to keep up go into friendly sale so you can have a company pay you for it. I'm not sure anyone would buy SR in a friendly sale, though.

yeah if anyone wants to toss me $164 for a station in jacksonville and two rusty trains speak now or forever hold your peace

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Also, I changed my track lay to H16, exit SE.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

quick rules question: each company operation, each section of track can only be used by one train, right? so, for example, n&w can't run detroit-columbus-nyc and also detroit-colombus (assuming no new tile lays), correct?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Yes that's right.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

StashAugustine posted:

quick rules question: each company operation, each section of track can only be used by one train, right? so, for example, n&w can't run detroit-columbus-nyc and also detroit-colombus (assuming no new tile lays), correct?

Yeah, you can use the same stops, but you can't use the same track.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Looking at the board, D8 (just east of Boise) has been upgraded w/ a coal token. Papes was that you? It's not mentioned in your post but I don't see anyone else who could or would want to.

yes, that was me. i must have missed it in my post

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

ATK operates:

builds city on Boise (D6) with southeast exit
Buys 2 train from PRR for $20
stock reduces by 1

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Western Pacific operates

Upgrade LA
Take 2 loans (+200)
Run 2T (Village) SF-LA (10+30+50) = 80, pay full
(Can't start or end on a Rural Junction)
Buy 3T (-250)
Pay interest (-45)

I get $54 $48, Squishy gets $36 $32, WP has $8
Stock goes -4 for 2 loans (48-> A3 acquisition spot), then +4 for paying 2x, so back to 48.
(Edit: Removed a bunch of stuff from earlier incorrect calculations)

Here ends the (first) operating round

Mr. Squishy posted:

Due to the long stock market, It moves up 1 space if you pay out half the current value, 2 for the current value or more, 3 if you pay half as much again, and 4 for double.

I need to tattoo this on my arm Memento-style. GNR paid out more than twice its value so it should have gone up 4, not two. I've fixed it on the stock market but not the spreadsheet.

Known Lecher posted:

Run 2T Fargo-Winnipeg (20+50) = 70, 2T+1 Fargo-Helena-Seattle (20+30+40+10+10+30GNR) = 140 -> 210
Pay full
Stock advances 2 4 (95 -> 105 115)

Also, maybe someone who is better than me at computering could take a screenshot for silvergoose of the end of the OR.

Porfiriato fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jul 4, 2018

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Love you thanks :)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Papes posted:

yes, that was me. i must have missed it in my post

OK, that does cost $20 for the second track lay. I'll subtract that, let me know if that screws up a plan.

Known Lecher posted:

HOWEVER, we/I forgot to check for sellouts at the end of the last stock round, and all of its shares were held by players then, so it should have gone up one...which it would put it right back at 48. :v:d[/b]

Mr. Squishy posted:

Lecher is PD, Interest remains at $15, WP is 100% held so moves up 1 to 48, GNR has 1 share in the market, and so moves down 2 to $95.

:colbert: good catch on the GNR movement though.
WP has an illegal route. Check the rules for Rural Junction, at the end of the 1st bullet point: "a Rural Junction cannot be the start or end of a route." A payout of 80 still earns a quad-move so it's just a matter of 10 bucks between us two.

End of 1st OR 2, nothing is exported, so we've still got eight 3Ts to buy. End of next round, all remaining 3Ts are exported.
NYC, BNSF, and SP will not merge, convert, or be sold this round
. Technically we go up and down the list but I won't keep you in suspense.

Board

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jul 4, 2018

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I have no M&A to be doing, either.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Mr. Squishy posted:

:colbert: good catch on the GNR movement though.
WP has an illegal route. Check the rules for Rural Junction, at the end of the 1st bullet point: "a Rural Junction cannot be the start or end of a route." A payout of 80 still earns a quad-move so it's just a matter of 10 bucks between us two.

Crap, I scrolled through looking to see if Western Pacific had been bumped up at the end of the last stock round and somehow completely missed that. Oh well, I don't mind WP maintaining its iron grip on the title of Most Worthless Least Valuable company in the game.

And that's not just any old rural junction, that's Sacramento! It's a state capital for crying out loud, show a little respect!

(I'll revise the stock value and run total on the post for WP's turn...I've already bumped them back down to 46 on the stock chart.)

Also, no mergers, acquisitions or expansions for GNR and WP. Aka pass.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

You can take loans any time during operation. So WP could take 2 loans, move down four to the first grey space, then pay out double its current price to move back up to $48.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Very good point. I'll do that.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

No M&A for SR/N&W

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Also Squishy that's you in New York right?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Yep.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I don't believe I can merge my 2 companies because 1 is outside of the red section? If thats the case I'll pass.

Edit: it appears i was mistaken. I will merge my the PRR and the ATK. The PRR will consume the ATK.

Papes fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 4, 2018

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

OK, PRR is now a 5-Share w/ a share price of 157. Starting w/ Panzeh we all get a chance to buy a share.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Mr. Squishy posted:

OK, PRR is now a 5-Share w/ a share price of 157. Starting w/ Panzeh we all get a chance to buy a share.

Pass.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

pass

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

pass!

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Pass

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Then it's onto OR 2, interest holds at 15 and PRR to go.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

PRR operates

Upgrades city tile in Boise
Uses Lawfirm special ability to lay taken in santa fe (g11)
Runs 2 train from Boise to Denver for 100, pays out
Takes out 2 loans to buy a 3 train

Stock is adjusted to a sum of -3 spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Papes posted:

PRR operates

Upgrades city tile in Boise
Uses Lawfirm special ability to lay taken in santa fe (g11)
Runs 2 train from Boise to Denver for 100, pays out
Takes out 2 loans to buy a 3 train

Stock is adjusted to a sum of -3 spots.

A couple things: I don't believe you can use the law firm because it works on "available station tokens", and you don't have any. You buy station tokens to place down when converting up. Another is, you forgot interest on the loan, and you're $20 short; you need either another loan or some witholdings.
e: I tell a lie; the -20 was obviously the change, PRR was still positive. I still think I'm right about the station thing though.

NYC operates
Upgrade D28 (New York)
Runs 3T New York-Columbus-Detroit for 140
Full Pay, going up two notches
Holdings at 4, share price at 135

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jul 6, 2018

• Locked thread