Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Privates don't pay income in 1817. You probably meant something else. Also, as the guy whose company is in Santa Fe, you don't have to rush in there as I am very happy w/ a $40 route to run.

SP Operates
Lays I13 (San Antonio) exits NW,NE
Pays 20 to lay tile H14 (Dallas Fort Worth) exit NW
Taps Land Grant and takes out 1 regular loan for 200
Pays 10 interest
Buys 2 2Ts for 200
Holdings at 80, Stock drops 5 (2 loans and no payment of dividends) to 82

Stash's SR next.
e: I alphabetized the sheet. The old one's still there if Panzah had some order, but I couldn't find things.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Mr. Squishy posted:

Privates don't pay income in 1817. You probably meant something else. Also, as the guy whose company is in Santa Fe, you don't have to rush in there as I am very happy w/ a $40 route to run.

SP Operates
Lays I13 (San Antonio) exits NW,NE
Pays 20 to lay tile H14 (Dallas Fort Worth) exit NW
Taps Land Grant and takes out 1 regular loan for 200
Pays 10 interest
Buys 2 2Ts for 200
Holdings at 80, Stock drops 5 (2 loans and no payment of dividends) to 82

Stash's SR next.
e: I alphabetized the sheet. The old one's still there if Panzah had some order, but I couldn't find things.

I didn't have any order to things.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Lay track Jacksonville (exits Florida, NE)
$20 to lay track I23 with oil token (exit NW)
Take 2 loans
Pay 10 interest
Buy 2x 2T for $200
Holdings $75, Stock drops- I count 3 for 2 loans and no payment but you took 5 hits, so I assume it's the same?

Also, should I go ahead and make the changes to the map myself?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Holdings $75, Stock drops- I count 3 for 2 loans and no payment but you took 5 hits, so I assume it's the same?

Also, should I go ahead and make the changes to the map myself?

Yes to both. Loans move you down two spaces in 'USA. Not sure why, but dividends can move you up four so swings and roundabouts I guess. It doesn't matter if the sheet lags a little bit, and updating it's a little fiddly, but the board18 things (both the map and the token on the stock market) are quick to do, and necessary for the next player.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Okay, updated the board, don't seem to have write permissions on the chart so w/e

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Mr. Squishy posted:

Yes to both. Loans move you down two spaces in 'USA. Not sure why, but dividends can move you up four so swings and roundabouts I guess. It doesn't matter if the sheet lags a little bit, and updating it's a little fiddly, but the board18 things (both the map and the token on the stock market) are quick to do, and necessary for the next player.

Yeah, the amount of spots on the stock market have doubled, so the moves are -generally- doubled.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

If you ask for it you'd probably get it. Also, looking at those tile lays, I feel I should stress that dots on off-board areas count as stations towards your train's limit. You would need a 3T to run Jacksonville-Florida-Atlanta.
That's different from dots on Rural Junction tiles, and dots in a lot of 18xxs, but it's a dot to show that you can't place a station on it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Wait can you not run Jacksonville-Atlanta? poo poo

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Nope. There's still a good 2 2T setup from Jacksonville.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

ok, ill revise my move in a bit if thats okay with everyone

e: okay i get it, ill use the sharp angle city and run direct from jacksonville to atlanta. ill fix it in a bit

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 9, 2018

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Panzeh suggested another rules point that might be relevant. While a train may only visit a location once per run, a company may hit it as many times as they've got trains with unique routes to it.
e: and no one's going to object to you changing your turn. It doesn't effect anyone, and the next turns not been yet.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 9, 2018

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Since Great Northern is coming up next, I have a modest proposal for Panzeh and UP.

Obviously I'd like to build from Fargo to Helena. I'll do the heavy lifting this round and lay Fargo + the hex to the west with GN, and with Northern Pacific in Portland I'll spring for the extra $25(!) to lay the tile east of Seattle heading towards Helena. Then by UP's next OR you could connect up to Seattle and Fargo and lay your coal and iron tokens on the hexes E and W of Helena. You'll have a couple decent routes, I'll have a couple decent routes, everyone's a winner. I'd just ask that you lay Helena with connections E and W to make it happen.

Sound good?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

eidited track lays: jacksonville exit sw/w, i23 exits e/nw

i think that's lecher and PNW up next?

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 10, 2018

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Known Lecher posted:

Since Great Northern is coming up next, I have a modest proposal for Panzeh and UP.

Obviously I'd like to build from Fargo to Helena. I'll do the heavy lifting this round and lay Fargo + the hex to the west with GN, and with Northern Pacific in Portland I'll spring for the extra $25(!) to lay the tile east of Seattle heading towards Helena. Then by UP's next OR you could connect up to Seattle and Fargo and lay your coal and iron tokens on the hexes E and W of Helena. You'll have a couple decent routes, I'll have a couple decent routes, everyone's a winner. I'd just ask that you lay Helena with connections E and W to make it happen.

Sound good?

Sounds good.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Cool, it looks like you have to lay the tile E of Helena in order to place the iron token, since it has to be done at the time the yellow hex gets put down. If you're able to do that this round it surely would be appreciated of course.

Great Northern
Lay B14 Fargo (NE/W oriented), B12 E-W via GNR private
Take 1 loan (+100)
Pay 5 interest (-5)
Buy 1 2-train (-100)

Stock goes back 2 (I think? 1 for no payout and 1 for the loan right?) 86 -> 78 Nope, back 3 86 -> 74

At what point does the loan interest rate increase? I'm having a tough time figuring that out. If it's likely that it's going to be $10 next round I might take a second loan.

Porfiriato fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 10, 2018

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Known Lecher posted:

Stock goes back 2 (I think? 1 for no payout and 1 for the loan right?) 86 -> 78[/b]

At what point does the loan interest rate increase? I'm having a tough time figuring that out. If it's likely that it's going to be $10 next round I might take a second loan.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Pretty sure interest increases at the start of operating rounds, idk how many loans adds up to more interest

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Ah OK, I bumped GNR back another space to 74 then. I think I'll still stick with 1 loan in any case.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Yeah, interest is set at the start of each OR.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Hey for those of us watching, posting the map occasionally would be hella sweet.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Does that make me up next with N&W?

Lay Columbus exits NW, E; $20 to lay D22 exit to Detroit
Take 2 loans
Pay 10 interest
Buy 2x 2T
Holdings $52, stock $62

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

silvergoose posted:

Hey for those of us watching, posting the map occasionally would be hella sweet.

Sure!

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
UP Operates
Take 1 loan
Build station tile straight, exits E/W
Run for $0, drop 2 spaces
Pay $5 in loan interest
Buy 2T for $100
Share price falls to $62, holdings at $81

Since you only have 1 2T on GNR, i'm gonna hold off on spending money on double-tracking. It wouldn't help you.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I wasn't sure how ruthless you were going to be...I could have bought the second train and then you could have screwed me by not making the connection this round anyway, leaving me with a useless 2T and extra interest payments. :saddowns: So I decided to play it conservative, maybe too conservative. Surprised you didn't buy a second 2T, UP is going to be set up nicely next round.

Northern Pacific
Take 2 loans (+200), drop 4 spaces
Lay C3 Portland NW-SW (-10)
Lay B4 E-W (-10+-20=-30, ouch, but I promised)
Run for 0, drop 1 more space
Pay loan interest (-10)
Buy 2T (-100)
Stock value $74 -> $56[/b]

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

BNSF
Lay G11 (Santa Fe) exits NW, SE
Take 2 Loans
Buy 2 2Ts
Pay 10 interest
Holdings at 32, Stock down to 48

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
CSX Operates
Lay Tile at Birmingham, new exit E
Run for 0
Buy 2T for $100
Share price drops to $46, holdings at 0

ATSF Operates
Lay straight city tile
Run for 0
Buy 2T from CSX for $1
Share price drops to $46, holdings at 99

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Western Pacific
Lay F2 NW-SE
Take 2 loans (+200), share price drops 4
Run for 0, share prices drops 1
Buy 2 2T (-200)
Pay interest (-10)
Stock value $50 -> A3, holdings at zeeero

Porfiriato fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jun 10, 2018

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

OK, that takes us to M&A. Going down the stock-market, companies get a chance to merge or convert into a 5 share. If a company converts, it needs to spend $50 on a station token immediately. If 2 companies merge, they add together all they own, including their stock prices (since we're dealing w/ 2-shares. 5-shares average them out). 5-shares can take more loans, have shares to buy, and can be shorted.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Mr. Squishy posted:

Panzeh suggested another rules point that might be relevant. While a train may only visit a location once per run, a company may hit it as many times as they've got trains with unique routes to it.
e: and no one's going to object to you changing your turn. It doesn't effect anyone, and the next turns not been yet.

Yeah basically in the early game when you're running 2ts, if you have two good stops and two routes between them, you can use both stops twice, like a loop. That was my plan for Jacksonville anyway.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Panzeh posted:

Yeah basically in the early game when you're running 2ts, if you have two good stops and two routes between them, you can use both stops twice, like a loop. That was my plan for Jacksonville anyway.

It looks like a metroid to me.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Wait, M&A is after every OR and not after the second OR?

Welp, I guess I didn't read the rules close enough.

If I'd realized that I would have only taken one loan for WP instead of two, I obviously wouldn't deliberately tank into the grey on the first OR in order to let someone else take it over. I thought I could put it there this round and then knock it back out next OR before M&As rolled around.

If there's no objection I'd like adjust it so that WP only has one loan and only buys one train so I'm not completely shooting myself in the foot.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Gosh, didn't you even check the little circle on the bottom right of the board?
I've entered the changes in the sheet

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

My companies are all in the north and west! Why would I ever deign to scroll down and look at Jacksonville?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
It's all good if you have to fix things up guys. This is many people's first games.

One thing to keep in mind is the export schedule:

2+ trains are exported at the end of OR2

3(but not 3+) trains are exported at the end of OR4

one train is exported per OR from OR5 onward

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It's got that great game board design of being filled w/ little reminders that are helpful once you know it already, but the first time you see it the brain filiters it all out as white noise.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I intend to merge ATSF and CSX, leaving CSX alive.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I've lost track of whose turn it is so I'm just gonna say I'm not doing anything

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Its Papes as PRR is at the top of the Stock market.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Panzeh posted:

CSX Operates
Lay Tile at Birmingham, new exit E
Run for 0
Buy 2T for $100
Share price drops to $46, holdings at 0

ATSF Operates
Lay straight city tile
Run for 0
Buy 2T from CSX for $1
Share price drops to $46, holdings at 99

They drop to 48 as paying out no divs is one of the few moves that's not been doubled.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Mr. Squishy posted:

They drop to 48 as paying out no divs is one of the few moves that's not been doubled.

Fair point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Its Papes as PRR is at the top of the Stock market.

For the M&A? I pass on merging

• Locked thread