Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«359 »
The White Dragon
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cool, thanks

unique blunderbuss -> unique arquebus sounds about right for me since i took the proficiencies at character creation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Biscuit Hider

The White Dragon posted:

cool, thanks

unique blunderbuss -> unique arquebus sounds about right for me since i took the proficiencies at character creation

I'd actually suggest going the other way -- use Red Hand for the first ten or twelve levels or so, then switch to Kitchen Stove.

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 28, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

SoldadoDeTone posted:

That's exactly my plan! I'm currently trying to decide between dual wielding battle axes so that I can use Magran's Favor or using quarterstaffs for Chromoprismatic. Leaning toward quarterstaff currently but not sure.

I think the quarterstaff modal doesn't stack with the wizard deflection buffs, but having longer reach and Escape opens up a lot of positioning opportunities. Plus the Chromoprismatic staff looks fly as hell

The White Dragon posted:

3) i'm getting some weird stuttering when new models load in, and long load times in general. but i have quite good hardware. is that just the game, or are there ways i can improve my performance?

I had similar issues that resolved when I reinstalled the game on an SSD. Some areas also just perform a little poorly in general, like a decent number of the cities or boarding actions.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Outrageous Lumpwad

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Red hand kinda blows after the most recent patch. I think now you want 1st weapon set kitchen stove + scordeo's, 1nd weapon set Eccea's / Gryphon's Blade with the bonus spell damage enchant (this is one reason I don't want to do another run till they've patched the "no random encounters" bug).

How did they nerf Red Hand?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Biscuit Hider

Bold Robot posted:

How did they nerf Red Hand?

You lose the stacked effect if you switch weapon sets, so you have to commit to using it and only it.

There are probably some builds that it's still good for but considering how much the game encourages weapon switching and how many pierce-immune enemies there are, it's no longer endgame-category for ciphers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

Fun Shoe

I'm really enjoying my Herald. There have been several fights where all or almost all of my party has wiped but the Herald just keeps on trucking and clutches it out. That shield that gives health regen + ancient memory + zealous endurance + lay on hands just makes him survive forever. And now that he has the Ogre summon he contributes pretty effectively in terms of party damage too.

I've also been regularly taking Tekehu along and having his healing spells + the Herald makes the party pretty damned durable unless the enemy has tons of burst damage. If it's at all an endurance fight I'll outlast enemies every time.

«359 »