Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

I could have sworn Rymrgand godlikes were described way differently in supplemental material, but hosed if I remember how specifically. The multiple eyes says Wael to me, but the horns don't fit that.

(this is in the companion portrait folder, for anyone that feels compelled to take a closer look. theres not much more too it)

Rymrgand has eyes like that.

That's absolutely a Rymrgand godlike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

I could have sworn Rymrgand godlikes were described way differently in supplemental material, but hosed if I remember how specifically. The multiple eyes says Wael to me, but the horns don't fit that.

Remember that Rymrgand looks like this:

I don't believe guidebook explicitly describes his godlikes. There is a "Saint Kamatu the White" described as

quote:

The infamy of Saint Kamatu begins with his birth. Having come into the world with depleted white hair and the ragged skin of an elder, none of his tribal midwives expected him to survive. When he pulled through and grew healthy, however, Mataru priests struggled to judge his caste on the basis of his soul, and so left him to be raised with his Roparu mother.

As the years passed and he developed through childhood, he never stood taller than four feet, which is an abnormality by aumaua standards. Misfortune also followed him like a shroud. By his fifth year the crops had failed, injuries and sickness became more common, and children were stillborn at an unprecedented rate. This progressed to such a point that the priests eventually blamed Kamatu, late in judging his birth as a bad omen and the harbinger of their decline. His coming was determined to be an omen from Rymrgand, whose mortal servant delivered entropy to the tribe’s otherwise stable existence.

A portrait of white-haired guy with decaying skin, 3 eyes and horns does sound suspiciously like someone touched by your favorite frozen bovine of entropy.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's probably stuff for the Beast of Winter DLC

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

(this is in the companion portrait folder, for anyone that feels compelled to take a closer look. theres not much more too it)

Doesn’t rymyrgand have multiple eyes too

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

SunAndSpring posted:

Doesn’t rymyrgand have multiple eyes too

He definitely does, I'm dumb as heck

SirSamVimes posted:

It's probably stuff for the Beast of Winter DLC

almost certainly, I wonder if it'll be a companion or sidekick though. Having all four portraits (character sheet and UI color, watercolors) suggests party member of some sort

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Miscreant's leathers nerfed to 10% recovery

Fair FAvor hat reduced to 10% bonus to crit chance and damage

Rannig's Wrath 10% action speed bonus now

Gatecrashers only +1 might

Boots of the Stone only +1 Resolve

chromoprismatic staff halved to %5 bonus

acina's tricorn only a 10% reload speed improvement

looks like all speed bonuses were halved across the board.

Devil of Caroc armor only gives 10% speed bonus now

Modwyr's stacking speed buff is still the same it looks like.

they fixed the problem with wood elves wearing their eyepatches in the wrong place so that's good

a lot of the grimoires have new graphics

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 2, 2018

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Streetfighter speed bonus appears to have been spared.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
So far the abilities that sound like they were nerfed were the ones that were hilariously good, like Swift Strikes being able to proc a free attack off of itself or Charge being a full attack to everyone you went through, or Time Parasite. Both of the first two were insanely good to the point where no matter how you try to balance encounters, you'd have to work around the possibility that someone either has them or doesn't. Even if you firmly believe in buffing weak options to match strong ones, sometimes shutting down stupidly good abilities is worthwhile. Speed-stacking was probably a bit too good at release too.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

SirSamVimes posted:

Not gonna lie, when I went it alone I was hoping that Ukaizo would become my new fortress.

I'd rename it New Caed Nua and immediately begin construction of a new megadungeon beneath it. Maybe without the adra statue this time.

Caed Newa, clearly.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Devotions was halved to +10

You get skulls now even with scaling!

Rotghast in intro cave outta nowhere!

I love you Rope Kid

derra fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 2, 2018

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Rymrgand is shown to have three eyes as well, this is defo a Decay Godlike or whatever. The multiple portraits suggest it'll be a sidekick, right?

E: ah, this has been covered. Yeah, Beast Of Winter sidekick makes sense

2house2fly fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 2, 2018

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Scorchy posted:

Confirming the respeccing issue is fixed on the beta branch, you now keep the Watcher abilities and Berath's Blessings when you retrain.

It is not retroactive, my end game character has no watcher abilities, even after re-re-spec.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It's probably my imagination but that guy's mask puts me in mind a little of Thaos

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Subjunctive posted:

I’m wondering what’s going to happen to empowered multi-target spells.
Those were functioning improperly. Any ability that scaled projectiles, secondary AoE hits, or bounces has way, way more power injected into it via power level scaling than it was supposed to. It is being fixed, but I know that it's not a simple fix and I don't know the current status of it.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

they did NOT gently caress around with PotD this time, goddamn

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
What's the general breakdown on veteran vs potd now, or what will be the breakdown once the 1.10 iterations are complete?

Differences between the two levels, and before and after?

Got a long weekend with the wife and dog out of town coming up, want to make sure I'm at a difficulty level that's Right For Me.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

rope kid posted:

Those were functioning improperly. Any ability that scaled projectiles, secondary AoE hits, or bounces has way, way more power injected into it via power level scaling than it was supposed to. It is being fixed, but I know that it's not a simple fix and I don't know the current status of it.

I'm guessing that's why empowered missiles have been absolutely murderous?

Also have the balance changes altered the stats/defences of creatures or just placement?

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Randbrick posted:

What's the general breakdown on veteran vs potd now, or what will be the breakdown once the 1.10 iterations are complete?

Got a long weekend with the wife and dog out of town coming up, want to make sure I'm at a difficulty level that's Right For Me.

The beta patch came out like 4 hours ago and not all the changes are in, so I don't think people will have a good idea just yet.

Llamadeus
Dec 20, 2005

derra posted:

I love you Rope Kid
Meanwhile on Reddit:

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Scorchy posted:

The beta patch came out like 4 hours ago and not all the changes are in, so I don't think people will have a good idea just yet.

For now, if you aren't certain you want to play the hardest setting, I'd avoid it.

In the intro cave, they added a Rotghast to the locked chest pull, and the construct now has 3 skeletons and a revenant as well.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Jeezus. Sounds like you'd have to skip the tutorial cave if you don't have a save history with Eder in it.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Scorchy posted:

Jeezus. Sounds like you'd have to skip the tutorial cave if you don't have a save history with Eder in it.

Definetly

Also even with Edér you should finish getting your crewmates quest first so you can get to Lvl 2 to have a chance

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

None of the abilities that my builds relied on got nerfed, so I'm doing pretty okay after the patch and look forward to Nu-POTD. I noticed that Frostseeker got hit pretty hard (base damage AND lash, ouch!), but as long as I can still proc the Crit effect multiple times per attack then I don't necessarily care.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Frostseeker was pretty bullshit anyway

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Yeah Frostseeker was somehow even more busted than Stormcaller on the right classes.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Best buff - 3rd and 4th weapon slots don't unequip now when leveling!

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

lmao

Great job on the game and hopefully the balance ropekid, can't wait to finally start my second playthrough.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Llamadeus posted:

Meanwhile on Reddit:

This is delicious.

*evoker wizard can no longer delete entire encounters with 1 or 2 spellcasts on veteran* WHAT THE gently caress OBSIDIAN :argh:

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
They fixed the fishmonger infinite money exploit, as expected, along with reducing sell value on some items, it looks like. These two changes combined could potentially make money a bit tighter, haven't tested discounts affecting sell prices yet however, that might still be a thing.

Interestingly enough, they also messed with achievement point values; at 100% cheevos, I have 80 points now when there were only 79 pre-patch.

PurplieNurplie fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jun 2, 2018

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
I did an extremely quick glance through the items I had lying around in an endgame save with the beta patch.

-Some lashes got nerfed- the chromoprismatic staff upgrade went from +5% all elements to +3%. I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of specific lash values but I'd guess more stuff got hit
-Some stat boosting gear that granted +2- like all the +2 might gloves I had around- are reduced to +1 I think it might just be gatecrashers that give +1 now
-recovery bonus gear also cut down significantly, by ~10% across the board
-I didn't do thorough testing of items boosted by passive skills, but it looks like they either get a lot less of a bonus per point of the relevant skill or have a cap in place. The base values for stuff like the chromoprismatic staff's attack speed/damage boost are halved, and a character with 20 metaphysics that had ~+40% attack speed pre-patch has like 15% now.

in conclusion these nerfs seem totally fair, but they hit my favorite weapon so rope kid must be stopped

e: oh yeah and everyone on my team still has zealous focus and/or pet bonuses they shouldn't, in an endgame save

En Garde Motherfuckers fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 2, 2018

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Randbrick posted:

I had to rest in the opening Sea Cave on PotD now.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Is it a good time to start a second playthrough, then? I was waiting for a difficulty patch to jump in on it.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

How do you skip the intro

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

How do you skip the intro

In the screen where you select Berath's Blessings and difficulty, there's a button.

Are you on the beta branch?

LOL the fight in front of the cage at the ruins

Engfirth get

derra fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 2, 2018

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Maybe I'll finally have a reason to use the explosives, scrolls, consumables, potions, pets, summons, on-rest skills, and everything else I hoarded and never touched once on 1.0.2 level-scaled-up veteran because everything died to autoattack.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

pmchem posted:

Maybe I'll finally have a reason to use the explosives, scrolls, consumables, potions, pets, summons, on-rest skills, and everything else I hoarded and never touched once on 1.0.2 level-scaled-up veteran because everything died to autoattack.

On PotD the answer is "Yes"

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Did they wind up nerfing Nature Godlike in the beta patch

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Did they wind up nerfing Nature Godlike in the beta patch

+1 PL now

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007