Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Captain Oblivious posted:

Why can I not romance this character :allears:

cloaca

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Anyone found any secret ships yet?

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Where can I get my hands on a Principi flag in Neketaka?
I feel like I should be able to get one in Delver's Row but nobody seems like they have it in their inventory.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

You can get one from Dereo.

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
For anyone who is even remotely interested in doing side content, do yourself a favor and turn on level scaling before you start your game. I've vastly outlevelled everything around Nehekara and am winning each fight letting the AI handle business on Veteran difficulty.

Game rules though, would be great if there was a way to turn this on after the game has been started?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I got scared by multiclassing and went with my Orlan Cipher. Trying out Ascendant since it seems cool on paper, not really in far enough to notice since I don't really need anything to get past these starting enemies other than Eder's skills and my guns.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

rope kid posted:

You can get one from Dereo.

Ah, yes, I just found him. He doesn't make it obvious that that'll be a quest reward but it seems I'm getting there naturally.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I wish it didn't bother me as much as it does that the import AND world state creator are buggered. If it was just one or the other it would be fine, but as is I can't really bring myself to play :negative:

I don't want to get super far in THEN restart, like I know I'm gonna.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I would buy DLC to make the sidekicks characters but I realize that'd be a pain in the rear end and essentially impossible :(

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Dorkopotamis posted:

Any tips of a powerful cipher build? Do I have to multiclass?

Whisper of Treason is pretty much a one stop shop ability that I imagine will get patched to be so good. I multi'ed with Ranger to get more weapon DPS (using dual pistols/blunderbusses + Wolf) and because the L8 and 9 Cipher abilities seemed super underwhelming. My Ranger half is mostly passives, though.

Is there a way to change your party from the ship?

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 10, 2018

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

never kiss a gun street girl again

Captain Oblivious posted:

I wish it didn't bother me as much as it does that the import AND world state creator are buggered. If it was just one or the other it would be fine, but as is I can't really bring myself to play :negative:

I don't want to get super far in THEN restart, like I know I'm gonna.

The blessings make that less of a big deal. I was considering restarting anyway until I got stuck in this buggy encounter, since I have a better grasp of the mechanics. There's plenty of reasons to play even though it won't be wholly consistent.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Scorchy posted:

Man the new music is great and VA performances for Xoti, Sarefen, and Tekehu are exceptional.

They're all voiced by veteran video game/anime VAs (Laura Bailey, Liam O'Brien, Travis Willingham, respectively), so no surprise, although Texan twang Laura Bailey threw me for a bit of a loop. Matt Mercer does as great a job with Aloth and Eder as he did in the first.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Orikaeshigitae posted:

The blessings make that less of a big deal. I was considering restarting anyway until I got stuck in this buggy encounter, since I have a better grasp of the mechanics. There's plenty of reasons to play even though it won't be wholly consistent.

You see, rationally I know that's true.

Sadly this is not a rational issue :shepface:

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

GrandpaPants posted:

Is there a way to change your party from the ship?

Bottom left next to the portraits there's a button.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

How do you use the blessing points? I don’t see anywhere to spend them.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Subjunctive posted:

How do you use the blessing points? I don’t see anywhere to spend them.

Its only an option when starting a new game.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Finally got 15 blessing points. Gonna roll that +2 stat buff so hard once the game is patched to fix the imports.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Another bug: If you buy one of those +1 to 2 skill bonuses, they disappear when you respec :(

Edit: And you can't get it again.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 10, 2018

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Has anyone had any luck with the "uncharted islands" or "quell mutiny with violence" checks?

I've been sailing around with zero food etc. trying to start a mutiny and I totally killed a bunch of my crewmen when poo poo went down, but no cheevo. Also I can't figure out how to name islands or if I'm finding nameable islands or not.

Similar issue with "enchant five items" : i can enchant five separate items but no cheevo. Do I need to enchant them to max? Anyone know?

Also, is there a list of "major ports" in the deadfire yet?

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010
Man Citzal's Spirit lance looks terrible now. :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So does this game run well on old toasters? I just got burned by our laptop being unable to run Frostpunk at a playable level so I'm all :ohdear:

For reference, it's a 5 year old laptop that was able to run Tyranny perfectly.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I was flirting with Maia and then I decided to soul read her bird and Hylea started making fun of me, and gave me dating tips.

10/10 goty

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
So is the everything bad setting just straight up designed as a gently caress you? Literally no companions and such, can't save anyone, holy moly.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

precision posted:

So does this game run well on old toasters? I just got burned by our laptop being unable to run Frostpunk at a playable level so I'm all :ohdear:

For reference, it's a 5 year old laptop that was able to run Tyranny perfectly.

I have a slightly older computer and turning on the 'miscellaneous' option in graphics (which I guess activates dynamic world lights?) devastates my frame rate.

But maybe I have some other issue going on, I dunno. :smith:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Has anyone had any luck with the "uncharted islands" or "quell mutiny with violence" checks?

I've been sailing around with zero food etc. trying to start a mutiny and I totally killed a bunch of my crewmen when poo poo went down, but no cheevo. Also I can't figure out how to name islands or if I'm finding nameable islands or not.

Similar issue with "enchant five items" : i can enchant five separate items but no cheevo. Do I need to enchant them to max? Anyone know?

Also, is there a list of "major ports" in the deadfire yet?

I cleared out the "Cavern of Tuk Tuk" and got to name the island it was on. They're out there, but you have to clear the Island's dugneon first I guess?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

corn in the bible posted:

I cleared out the "Cavern of Tuk Tuk" and got to name the island it was on. They're out there, but you have to clear the Island's dugneon first I guess?

ooooooooh that makes more sense

edit: the cannibal island from the beta is short and can be named when completed

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 10, 2018

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

NotALizardman posted:

I was flirting with Maia and then I decided to soul read her bird and Hylea started making fun of me, and gave me dating tips.

10/10 goty
Well drat, that's way more fun than the fishman. I flirted with him and Maia immediately said something to the effect of "If you weren't interested in Teheku..." and now I don't know where anything stands.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I have seen the folly of my ways in making Pallegina a Fighter/Paladin and I look forward to the hotfix allowing me to restart so I can make her a Chanter/Paladin, aka Aura Machine.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Hef Deezy posted:

I'll make a watercolor portrait for you, if I can. Here's the one I did for myself, and after several iterations, it's holding up in game really well.

Normal portrait (original art by Scyao on DeviantArt):

My watercolor:

In game:

Just post the custom portrait you want to use and I'll give it a try.

May I get in on this? Could you do any of these?

I'm not sure how well they would do watercolored, but I like all these pictures a lot.

E: Alternatively, help me create one with a template? :)

I have a thousand characters I want to make.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 10, 2018

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Kith posted:

I have seen the folly of my ways in making Pallegina a Fighter/Paladin and I look forward to the hotfix allowing me to restart so I can make her a Chanter/Paladin, aka Aura Machine.

Just a word of warning, Pallegina's Level 1 picks (aka the ones you can't change) kinda suck IMO, especially on the Chanter side (I can live with Flames of Devotion even though it's not Lay on Hands). I also have no idea how to make good Chanter AI scripts.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

corn in the bible posted:

I would buy DLC to make the sidekicks characters but I realize that'd be a pain in the rear end and essentially impossible :(

If the sidekick characters can interject in normal conversations then I would buy DLC that just made them do that a lot. That's all I want really, party members constantly whispering asides to me during conversations with other characters, like in the previous game

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Fintilgin posted:

I have a slightly older computer and turning on the 'miscellaneous' option in graphics (which I guess activates dynamic world lights?) devastates my frame rate.

But maybe I have some other issue going on, I dunno. :smith:

Oh yeah, rope kid patch in a tooltip that explains what the hell the "miscellaneous" toggle does

E: the game runs a bit less smoothly than Tyranny, but it looks a ton better

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Very suddenly now have a bug where my mouse won't select things? I can click to move and engage in conversations, but I can't click dialogue prompts (have to use numpad) or any doors/screen transitions. I couldn't even click the buttons to close the game, I had to altf4 it :negative:

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Milli posted:

Very suddenly now have a bug where my mouse won't select things? I can click to move and engage in conversations, but I can't click dialogue prompts (have to use numpad) or any doors/screen transitions. I couldn't even click the buttons to close the game, I had to altf4 it :negative:

Disable Steam Overlay, update video drivers, run borderless window. All of these have given me significant improvements but not quite solid fix. I find when it happens most of the time middle clicking fixes it.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Is there any way to get summons to automatically start attacking once they're summoned, or do I have to individually select and direct them every single time they appear? I'm playing a Beckoner Chanter and between this and having to manually retoggle my chants every time I load a saved game it's getting a little frustrating so I'm hoping I'm missing some obvious option somewhere.

Edit: Or even a "select all summons" button?

Aerox fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 10, 2018

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I have a deeply foreboding feeling about this lantern thing.

I wish there was a way to have some sort of discussion about it with her. Xoti just says she's going to suck up all the souls you meet and.... you can't say poo poo about it? I mean, she can't actually see them, so why can't to take them and then tell her to go for it when they're gone? Or ask her not to? Or discuss it in some way?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I have to play in fullscreen because my desktop resolution is 1080p but it'll be a slideshow if I try to play at that resolution, and I disable steam overlay to minimise issues. So I can't take screenshots! Toaster gaming is hard :(

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Fintilgin posted:

I have a deeply foreboding feeling about this lantern thing.

I wish there was a way to have some sort of discussion about it with her. Xoti just says she's going to suck up all the souls you meet and.... you can't say poo poo about it? I mean, she can't actually see them, so why can't to take them and then tell her to go for it when they're gone? Or ask her not to? Or discuss it in some way?

You can tell her not to when you find some, or tell her off, etc.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Iymarra posted:

Did you do the scavenger hunt meta event thing, by putting codes into the website?

Nope. I tried again and got the bell Milli mentioned. Seems like it just depends on what you say you did with the souls, regardless of what you actually promised the gods. I can't remember if I got anything from Galawain in my first game, but I probably sold it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So I’m thinking of either making a Tanky support character or full tank wall. Thinking crusader with wayfairer and devoted fighter for a more offensive tank character that supports or should I go full tank with crusader shield and unbroken.