Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hello new thread are ciphers still the best?

Yes, yes they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

OK I just rushed the end of my dumb gimmick solo story mode expert trial of iron run. Time to start my canon run I guess.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Blockhouse posted:

Okay, the only way to decide which of my many many many PoE 1 characters I'm going to bring into 2 is to just post in the thread and have you people tell me what to do so I don't have to make decisions at all. Should I start with:

- Wood Elf Ranger
- Pale Elf Rogue
- Hearth Orlan Cipher
- Death Godlike Paladin
- Fire Godlike Monk

I intend to basically remake them and keep their primary class and then multiclassing them into whatever seems good.

ALWAYS CIPHER

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Pallegina and Sagani are my BFFs, and Pallegina is gonna be my BFF in Deadfire, too.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Daztek posted:

Here's a video showing the legacy creation stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObMQNlAzsGc

A couple pages back but one thing I noticed in this is that the legacy creation only had two options for the Eyeless. I'm wondering whether, if you chose enough of the necessary other options, you could pick the 'convince them or whatever' option, or if that's an example of a thing that you need to import a save for.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

derra posted:

Complete Maneha's and Devil's quests. Bring them and Pallegina to the denouement.

Assume I need to go with 'let Maneha erase her memories, do whatever with Devil since she's miserable either way'?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Welp, time for me to go to bed at like 8 pm so I can wake up at about 3 am and play a video game.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

bongwizzard posted:

I will be very excited when all the weirdos who want to gently caress a video game characters find something new to masturbate over so this thread evolves into being fully about much more interesting number crunching about optimal dragon-killing.

I think you must've quoted the wrong post, Akong didn't even mention sex or romance.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

bongwizzard posted:

Oh I just assumed “experience the writing“ is code for “I want to gently caress an elf” as it’s even more absurd to think that someone is really excited to read a generic fantasy novel via dialog boxes.

Ha yeah imagine liking the role playing parts of a role playing game

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

If you enjoy things differently from me, that means your brain is broken.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Avalerion posted:

Kind of wonder why Devil of Caroc (remorselles serial killer) doesn’t get the same critism as Durance about your lack of reactivity to her evilness. Maybe people just didn’t use her since rogues suck while priests are super usefull? :shrug:

Because people sympathise with vigilantes getting revenge on people who murdered their family

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

corn in the bible posted:

Is there a good reason not to throw Grieving Mother in the blood hole

It's technically evil I guess.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Does anyone else find Eora's attitude towards drugs really confusing? Most of them are available in a bunch of bars or general stores, and randomly on people's corpses, and there are character classes built around them.

Also, there are quests involving the fact that some dude is dealing svef, OH NO, that's not his job that's the job of the local pub or whatever, or some dude is possibly an addict of some kind of drug, who does he think he is, some kind of monk?

Like, does the population like drugs or don't they? It's weird.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

chaosapiant posted:

Are you talking about a certain quest in POE 1? I think the issue with the svef dealers isn’t the svef itself as it is the kind of people the dude was dealing with were hooligans. Otherwise svef is probably as stigmatized as legal marijuana.

But when you tell his wife that yeah he is a svef dealer she's not thrilled.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Right but all the other animals have claws or antlers or w/e plural

Sharks have mouth, singular

They have teeth, very plural

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

All people are terrible, the correct faction choice is to do the bidding of Rymgard and kill everyone.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Crowetron posted:

Now I'm trying to decide if I should dive back in with a Principi Monk playthrough or check out Tyranny. That's like the one Obsidian game I haven't played so I'm pretty curious.

I liked Tyranny, play that imo.

FuzzySlippers posted:

I've always thought Bleak Walkers were in the spirit of that Tecumseh Sherman quote 'War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it; the crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.'

P. sure Sawyer said that Sherman was an inspiration for the bleak walkers.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Eraflure posted:

I wish Konstantin could take his place.
I also wish the Blood Pool would be back in this game, preferably somewhere near the Engwithan Ruins on Maje Island.

I can't tell if that oddly specific location reference is a direct reference to the blood pool that is in this game or not.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

OK well there's a blood pool in this game.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hey Ropekid is it a bug that when I shoot a barrel from stealth and it blows up killing a bunch of enemies, none of the surviving enemies get curious about what killed their buddies?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

jokes posted:

Your other options were to, what, let her go kill the dude, kill her, or do the grieving mother thing that wipes her mind but leaves the anguished voices and poo poo in her mind loving her up? I did the GM thing but thinking about it you know she's gonna have hell to deal with. And her uncle still can get away !

You'd think killing people wouldn't be as evil or bad as it seems in a society that's fully aware of the wheel. "Better luck next time champ" is better than a lifetime of anguish, especially if they can be awakened and junk.

Maybe it's more about how angry the gods get. Skaen doesn't like you wrecking his plans.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

gently caress off Batman posted:

What's the easiest way ti piss one of your party members off? That's the last achievement that I'm missing.

I'm told the best way is to find an altar with Pallegina in the party, and pray over and over again.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

KoldPT posted:

Paradox and Obsidian weren't really happy with how it worked out, so it's unlikely they'll work together again.

Where did you see this?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Man I'm so confused how fast forward is beneficial during combat

It isn't, but the game is easy so if you fast forward it's over quicker.

That's my best guess as to the reasoning.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Partial hair is actually the most important patch give that to me

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Oi what's in the crate at the start of the game that I never got because I always saved my crew member?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Tenzarin posted:

Why would you even need another weapon set? I rarely even use two.

One set: guns. Another set: bow. Another set: swords. Another set: more guns.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Obsidian should make a Noir Detective RPG with Alpha Protocol level reactivity IMO.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Also I started again with the 'everything bad' preset and so far it seems harder but that might be partially down to not having Eder or Aloth.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

disco elysium is coming out soon

Oh yeah I remember seeing something about that. Maybe it'll be good.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Do any of my friends hook up with each other if I knock back all of their advances?

Already told Tekehu, Xoti and Maia 'thanks but no thanks', just waiting on Serafen. (The other three friends are dead because I chose the 'all is woe' preset.) Maia and Xoti have been flirting a little bit, I'm just curious whether they get a bit more 'serious'.

Also on the 'reputations' thing, it's pretty poorly defined, IMO, whether each companion's reputations screen indicates how much they like your other companions, or how much the other companions like them.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Avalerion posted:

Xoti can hook up with ... Eder,

For real? In my previous game (before I stopped playing and waited for the patch) Eder was basically openly contemptuous of Xoti for still having faith, which kind of annoyed me because I was like um excuse me Eder I definitely chose the option where I restored your faith, now get back in there and start making kissy faces at Xoti.

But he didn't so I romanced her instead.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I don't remember the paladin's glowy sword ability being as good in PoE1 as it seems to be in PoE2. Did that get beefed up? My Bleak Walker routinely two hits people with that.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Are (m)any of the starting weapons and armour actually worthwhile to try to make useable late game, or are you generally better off just holding off until Superbs and Legendaries? I think I wasted a bunch of my pyrite early on.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

You can get more pyrite from the vendor by the cart in serpent's crown.

Oh yeah, right, I can buy things. I sometimes forget about this because I'm saving all my money for upgrading things and buying the Devil of Caroc's corpse.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I miss Sagani, she was the best

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Wizard Styles posted:

Too bad she walked into that blizzard, rip.

frajaq posted:

Too bad she got sacrificed into the pit

MODS??!?!!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Digital Osmosis posted:

this user was banned for being mean to a chill fictional dwarf lady

And rightly so

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Speculation: there's there for in case you decide to murder the people they're near.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

New XCOM owns and I am in favour of games being made that borrow from it.