Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

rope kid posted:

I don't remember everything Feargus said in the documentary or elsewhere, but we knew exactly what type of game we were making before the KS. However, Feargus did ALSO say, separately that he would like to make a Skyrim-style game set in this universe at some point.

Is that what this is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVj7eBhxHnw

because if it is, I am loving HYPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Almost certainly, there's some very specific references in the video that place it in the world of Eora.

Also, is there a good place to watch the documentary? I didn't back the original game and didn't see it :saddowns:

I got the big deluxe version of the game on steam and it came with a bunch of backer stuff, like the cookbook, the strategy guide, and the documentary. I actually just discovered this stuff was all in my steam library like a week ago lmao. If you already own the game there may be a cheap upgrade or something that gets you the content. (I was a backer but only a ten dollar one due to my financial circumstances at the time and I ended up getting the game way later).

v gonna just embarrassingly hero worship rope kid's response here, sometimes I love these forums v

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 7, 2021

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Furism posted:

I think he also provides design and general advice across the board at Obsidian.

I hope he tells them to tighten up the graphics on level 3.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Finally got through POE1 and dove into POE2. I really enjoyed the world of Eora, the characters, the writing and story in general, but am extremely bad at and not a fan of RTWP, and I have to say the turn based mode in poe2 is a breath of fresh air and I am loving all of the improvements so far. Game looks gorgeous and the UI is a big step up for me. This sequel apparently knocked it out of the park and I can't wait to have more time to settle down into this game for a bit.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

GrumpyGoesWest posted:

After telling Derrins mom the bad news I went to the brothel and his dad was still there getting wasted. If you have high resolve (16 I think) you can get him to rethink his life.

Yeah I rerolled a new poe1 char with high resolve because I ran across so many loving dialogue checks where resolve was the only way to proceed without having to do some boring rear end fetch or murder everyone. You get lots of good flavor dialogue from the other stats but resolve is seemingly one of the most useful.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Oasx posted:

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned Versus Evil announcing that they can't update the game further for switch, and are going to have to leave big bugs unfixed.

I'm sure all three people who needed to play Pillars on the Switch will be bummed to hear that (it does actually suck it's not getting further updates).

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I thought about double dipping to play Pillars in bed but luckily it wasn't on sale over the holidays so :shrug: . I suppose I could always steam link on my phone and try to play it with touch controls! :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
A skyrim like set in Eora is loving catnip for me, so I'm glad Avowed is on the way.