Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
When you set your own background in this are you essentially making all the major plot decisions from the first game? How much will I be missing between rolling a new guy and selecting a background vs. importing an old save?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
My tedious complaint is that none of the ranger pets match the setting of the archipelago and I want something like a crocodile or a spider or whatever.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I rolled a ranger/druid but their synergy is less than I thought mechanically. I think I'm gonna reroll barb/ranger so I can focus might as a primary stat instead of needing multiple ones and have a flexible character that can melee or range as the situation calls for it.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Never have I agonized over a video game decision more than in this game and it was all because of fruit. What a wonderfully written, shades of gray quest that was. So much subtext if you think about it enough. I don't even really dig the whole overarching story that much but man was that a nice piece of writing on that fruit quest.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Fatty posted:

Actually I found it kind of annoying that I couldn't seem to complete the quest without giving the fruit back. Kind of wanted to say "gently caress your god, we're doing this the rational way and harvesting some seeds"..

This actually made sense to me, because it would involve aggroing the entire tribe and that's why the option was essentially off the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Elukka posted:

This is really common for games in general. People buy lots of them without ever really playing them. I bet DLCs additionally get sales where people think "hmm DLC for the game I liked is on sale, I'll grab that for when I probably replay it down the road" and never get around to it. They're not saying anything negative because it's not that they dislike it, they just haven't played it.

There's also the factor that some people want to monetarily support these kinds of games even if they don't turn out to be into the finished product. I could never get past Defiance Bay in PoE 1 but I don't regret spending money on it. I never finished any of the new Shadowrun games or Battletech but I don't regret buying them either. They're all a pretty big time investment and I'm happy to support them even if I don't get to finish them.