Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm finally getting around to playing this. Anyone have any thoughts on a singleclass Nalpazca vs a Nalpazca/Goldpact multiclass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Thanks. Does the Nalpazca reliance on drugs instead of masochism mean I can rock landsknecht style, or is fists-and-robes mechanically encouraged?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I'm doing a Logan's Loophole run on Fallout: New Vegas right now, so next time I load up Deadfire I'm probably doing a Nalzpaca Monk. (Logan's Loophole lets you use drugs with no risk of addiction, but you stop leveling at a certain point, since New Vegas scales almost everything and you don't need that many levels to max out your damage this is actually a huge benefit)

Edit: It's a Logan's Run reference, for people unfamiliar

Are the drugs supplies available from vendors with it just being a matter of affording them, or is there a strict number of doses available?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Zeerust posted:

How do the different Monk subclasses stack up against one another? I've seen a lot of discussion of Helwalkers and Nalpazca, but almost nothing about the Forbidden Fist or Shattered Pillar.

I've got a Shattered Pillar npc monk in my current party and she's very nasty even just left to her AI.

Pilchenstein posted:

This kind of annoyed me in Forgotten Sanctum when the game is giving you comedy wounds ("you touched some fungus and got a rash", "a lever springs back and hurts your hand") and you're suddenly a quarter of the way towards your grave from a mild ouchy. Not too much of an issue given that you can carry 800 prepared meals around in your pack and rest wherever you want but still :v:

That resets Guilty Conscience though. Plus vendors tend to only carry a very small amount of the good ingredients (like Spices). You can get unlimited quantities of food in the Overlook, but that's $5000 per rest.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jun 21, 2020

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The key to multiclassing is passives, for obvious reasons. Paladins have really good passive abilities so they multiclass well. Wizards/druids/priests are all about active abilities so they multiclass poorly.

I've been considering a Shifter/Berserker though.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What cool ship will the vailians give me if I side with them?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I bought a Junk I've been sailing around in, but every time I try to go into Ship Combat the enemy charges straight for me, getting in under my minimum range by the time I've turned to broadside (meaning 5 misses) and then boards. I might as well go straight to boarding.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ravenfood posted:

Get shorter range cannons. IIRC double bronzers are pretty short but ludicrously powerful.

That's what I have. 250m minimum range, and the enemy makes two full-speed moves before I have a chance to fire.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Onekaza also supports slavery. Aeldys is the only non-RDC option who actively opposes it, and she’s the worst faction leader you could possibly side with.

Onekaza doesn't support slavery, she's just fairly lukewarm about opposing it. Her citizens are supposed to be protected from enslavement (though she isn't very effective at that), and outsiders selling outsiders to outsiders she considers to be none of her business.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I am walking out of the squabble at the palace without saying goodbye and sailing to the endgame without even talking to the faction leaders. If they just want to fight each other in the face of this then I'm going to ignore them.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I think we can all agree that the Vailians are a bag of flaming dicks?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There is no good ending for the Deadfire, because kith are basically humans and humans are poo poo.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Yeah, outside of that paragraph there's also mention of all Rautai governors organizing things and massive waves of Rauataian settlers. Where are they settling exactly? I thought Huana already lived there? A bunch were already displaced from their home islands to more marginal land and to the Gullet. But the RDC paved over the Gullet along with all the villages. Where did the Huana go? I guess we'll just leave that as a mystery of the ages.

The islands are tremendously underpopulated compared to how many people they could support if intensively worked.

I'm pretty sure that as long as you're useful to the Rautai you've got nothing to fear. They have no desire to rule over an empire of corpses. But if you're a troublemaker or more of a liability than an asset, don't expect to live to see sundown.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

frajaq posted:

I did kinda agonize a bit over the decision with the adra stone tho

So did I. I eventually concluded that it's going to get smashed up no matter what, and if I blow it up myself at least there won't be a thriving Vailian mining organisation that will go after another crystal once they've finished with this one.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

(raps spoon against glass several times) May I have your attention please!

With fresh credible allegations of domestic abuse levelled at Richard 'Kyanka' Lowtax, the forums are descending into anarchy and rioting. You may participate in the riots at the link above, or post to spread them to other threads and subforums.
In the meantime please ensure you are not subscribed to the GamingGarbage patreon, and immediately unsubscribe if you are. Do not purchase any avatars, titles or forum upgrades. Thank you.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I think I want to play through in turn-based next. What class-combinations shine there?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The spells like Infuse with Vital Essence that normally have a fast cast time and no recovery... do they take a whole turn to cast in Turn Based?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sounds like a Paladin/Wizard might be even better in TB than RTwP then.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

That's one way. To recruit whatshername you want to party instead.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jul 5, 2020

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

It's already on fire and full of Magranites after all.

"My work here is done."
"But you didn't do anything!"

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Druids are in incredible DPS class imo. AoE spells for days, and more than willing to maul a fool who tries to 'geek the mage'.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

That didn't happen to me. Did you talk to her?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Piracy.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Assassin's tend to want to use the biggest weapons possible, since backstabs are only possible by expending guile. The ultimate sneaky rogue weapon is the arquebus.

Hmm... how would the Red Hand fare here?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Alchemy would be better named 'Carousing' or similar. You know how to party.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Top-tier food is incredible, if you can go for long periods without Resting.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

+15% healing received, yay

How about
+20% Area of Effect
+2 Penetration with Spells
+10% Damage

or

+2 Might
+1 All Power Levels
Immune to Constitution afflictions
Immune to Dexterity afflictions
Immune to Might afflictions

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jul 20, 2020

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

The ideal sailing ship is just a giant gun that we can load companions into. Fire Eder off at 1500 m/s and obliterate a kraken.

Reminds me of the Icarus In Black from Sunless Sea. Does massive damage to zea-beasts, but requires Doomed Monster Hunters as ammunition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I forget if it's made explicit anywhere, but I got the impression that Koïki is very difficult to farm intentionally, and more commonly sprouts "in the wild." Eating the fruit whole means you'll dump the seeds into a mound of fertilizer when you next take a poo poo. It's less efficient than planned agriculture, but probably beats a guy whose entire knowledge of the subject is "put seeds in ground." Say what you will about tradition, but it tends, on the grand scale, to shy away from actions that starve entire populations to death.

On one of the islands controlled by the rautai a couple of people are talking about their koiki crops and the one who's crop succeeded realises that caste doesn't matter anymore and they can share.