Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

frajaq posted:

Importing a save with the baby orlan decision doesn't work, have to customizing one or pick a preset with that decision

Can' t believe they messed up the most important choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Remember in the Simpsons when Krusty says its only funny to hit someone with a pie if they have dignity? Then he throws the pie at Sideshow Bob which makes his hat fall off and giant crazy hair to spring out. Aloth is Sideshow Bob and Iselmyr is his crazy hair. The scene where he steps on all the rakes is Aloth making poor life decisions.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

In the new Guidebook theres a legendary figure originally from the Dyrwood which is a sentient ooze who has now grown to gigantic size. Its got a ship wrapped around it and it swims around eating sea monsters. Wanna meet that ooze.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Lmao if you aren't going to immediately restart your game every time you get enough points to unlock a new Berath's Blessing.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

You can steal the baby and the non-evil son guy confronts you outside the hut and you can say "Oh, I'm not going to sacrifice it. I'm keeping it." He gets really annoyed because you are an insane person clearly and asks if you even know how to look after a baby then you fight.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Someone who finds the sexy sword, post when you find where it is.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Anyone found any secret ships yet?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Rolling up on an enemy ship and unloading with a 5 double-barreled cannon broadside is hilariously unfair.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

"Ac. It's me, your pal Pallegina the Paladin." is an honestly real voiced line in this game.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

It's bullshit that you can't make a Giani Canc-Assi player character.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Cavauro posted:

I'm a little paranoid about spoilers but I was wondering if anyone else has run into what seems to be a bug where the game says a companion wants to speak with you. It will show the little dialogue icon on their portrait as well as playing a soundbyte of them asking to talk, but then when you try to talk to them nothing new shows up and the indicator goes away. It seems like I'm probably skipping over something that should be triggering. I think it happened once with one of them and I ignored it, but it just happened again several hours later with another companion.

This happened to me a couple of times, basically I think you can manually start a conversation and get the new dialogue (I usually do this like immediately after quests) but the game also alerts you at certain times when theres new stuff to talk about even if you've already had that talk.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Xoti is cool and cute and also a huge piece of poo poo who bullies my friend Pallegina.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Don't doxx me

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I think I remember something about adra being able to heal because its like a bit alive? So the hand probably got better.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Roparu: Help, we are starving. We licked all the fruit rinds that you guys threw away but it wasn't enough.

Kuaru: I'm not allowed to know about planting seeds but maybe if we did that more fruit would grow out of the ground or from a tree.

Mataru: It's against our culture to plant seeds also you are under arrest for knowing what seeds do.

Vailian: Ac, truly it is the civilised man's burden to help out these loving idiot shark men. Postenago.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The guidebook also says that the ruler caste bullies the priests into making their children also ruler caste, just in case they get any ideas.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I liked the part when the Dawnstars started donating food to the Roparu who were starving to death in slums and they were forced to stop because its forbidden for the Roparu to eat anything but the table scraps of their betters.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Lmao if you don't RP your character as that one English officer who said "Yeah, well its my culture to murder anyone who lets a widow be burned on a funeral pyre."

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Post game DLC is poo poo because you don't get to use your cool new items for very long.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

"How do you know when you are doing the right thing?"

"I just thing of the wrong thing to do and then do the opposite!"

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I was going to make a joke about if Batman acted more like a Bleak Walker then there would be less dead people in Gotham but that's basically the Punisher I think. Of course if Bruce Wayne was a Kind Wayfarer then that would be better.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Is there a big list yet of which history choices are cool and good?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

DOS2 was easy to make "10 Crazy Reasons to Buy This Game" youtube videos for. Based on zero evidence I'm assuming thats how most people hear about/decide what games to like.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I like the part where Pallegina went super saiyan after hearing a patriotic speech because she was that pumped.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

So has anyone figured an *~optimal~* premade history to import or am I safe to go with roleplay value?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I like games with challenging tactical combat but I have to be able to level up a lot/find overpowered gear to ruin that challenge.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

If you take traps out of the game and only have them in scripted encounters then the Mechanics skill has no gameplay benefit (compare to making potions, explosives, sneaking etc) so you have to make one up. Maybe you can keep your weapons sharp and get a little boost that way? Now players feels obliged to spec towards that 5% damage boost or whatever.

Ok then just take the skill out entirely and deal with traps in scripted interactions with Perception or Dexterity. Welp, now players are obliged to build their characters a certain way or bring a certain companion everywhere.

Why not make it so any character can disarm these traps? Then why are they in the game at all? Better make a skill to cover disarming traps.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Your relationship to Iovarra.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Anni Iroccio: The New Year

While only 150 years old (and of Vailian origin as well), the Iroccian calendar is currently used throughout most of the Dyrwood and the surrounding areas. While the Dyrwood was using the Aedyran calendar until recently, they gave it up in favor of the Iroccian calendar. The transition was easy to get people to make because the Aedyran calendar was hopelessly inaccurate.

Iroccio calculated that it takes the planet approximately 334 days to orbit the sun, so he took the nine months from the Aedyran calendar and broke them into sixteen months of twenty days each, with each season consisting of four months. The length of each month corresponds to how long it takes Belafa (one of our moons) to circle the planet. At the end of each season, three days - not part of either season - are set aside for people to celebrate the transitions. Lastly, the final two days of the year - New Year and Mid Year - are used to observe the beginning and midpoint of the year.

To prevent any confusion for the transition from the old calendar to the new, Iroccio kept the year the same. So, although the calendar has only been in existence for 150 years, it is currently 2823 AI (Anni Iroccio).

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Now Tayn, I can get into.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Eder dropping some wisdom.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

This DLC gives you the choice to do literally the dumbest thing in the history of Eora for the dumbest reason possible. Would recommend.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

lurksion posted:

Can't be cliffhanging us.

Big spoilers for Deadfire/Forgotten Sanctum below:

Underneath the Forgotten Sanctum is Wael's physical body, they didn't destroy it when all the other gods destroyed their bodies. You have to decide what to do about this. One option is to put Concelhaut's soul inside it because you are tired of hearing him nag you all the time.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

It's good to sneak in the pirate base to set up the sweet party.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Fuligin posted:

also rope kid if you're reading this, how do i say "shut the gently caress up LIBERAL" in valian tyia

quote:

Vu maddicche postenago! Buffan vi!

For extra spice throw in:

quote:

Peri chue na cracuna ve engeri! Vu tros men merla!

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Huana - Religious Idiots
Rauatai - Fascist Idiots
Vailians - Capitalist Idiots
Pirates - Drunk Idiots

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Rauatai is the Caesar's Legion of the Deadfire.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Atsura isn't socially awkward, he's a sociopath.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

You see if the Mataru get 99% of the food, then the remaining 1% will simply trickle down to those who need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

What is the elaborate backstory of my good friend No-Nut Ned? Does he never sell candied nuts? Did he have a frightful injury at sea? Does he have ED issues?