Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Stokes posted:

Is there some sort of official PoE discord server? Also, I'm looking forward to spending 10 hours starting and restarting characters before starting an actual playthrough.

there’s a fan one that a lot of the devs post in, the cultures mainly nsfw images of durance & memes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

wew lad

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

wew lad pt.2

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
chris saw what kanye was doing and thought, yes

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
u👏only👏get👏to👏side👏quest👏when👏u👏have👏all👏companions👏binch

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
aloth is a beautiful elf boy that comes from a bitter family, has gotten drawn in 2 a bad crowd, deosn’t believe in himself & can cast mafgic. hes a YA love interest and appeals 2 baes that want to help him overcome his low self esteem and see how beautiful he really is tbh

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

GrandpaPants posted:

Lol the sword is tsundere.

GOTY

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
dlc ydwin romance would be v. oldschool romance design since elves are so blasé blasé

monster baes are what appeal 2 the youth which is why Maia and tekeku are pushing the genre forwrd,

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
launch traile r

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2cGNV3D2Xc

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
this is going 2 be the best anime dating sim in 2018, dont @ me

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Spikeguy posted:

Can anyone confirm if any of the romances are same sex? Specifically for a female character?

p. sure maia

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

2house2fly posted:

I think the romances will be unsatisfying because the companions are all weird looking.

Serafen: hideous blue rat man
Maia: looks like a loving dinosaur. Ten feet tall
Tekehu: buff and moist, which helps, but he's a shark man

tjis game would easily get $20,000+ a month on Patreon

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
making npcs playersexual is extremnly good ux design

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
Dragon Age 2’s post modernist playersexuality challenged the culture, like all good design tbh

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
smh, elf dating is pretty gauche rn

youth culture are into monster Baes atm

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
magic dagger roamnce

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
21 savage

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Welp, I just cheated away my Shady 2 rep to see if I could get Maia to stick around if I went with the Valians. Any guesses what happened? She still left, because I had a Diplomatic rep, which means I ‘didnt Know how to get things done.’ So yeah, even if they fix reps building up too fast you’ll still need to cheat or at least meta game like a mofo in order to get Maia (and presumably Pallegina, once she gets fixed) to go along with you on their not-preferred ending. Meanwhile, Serafen is down for whatever as long as it doesn’t involve slavery, so I think we know who the best faction companion is. Edit: Forgot about Tekehu, I didn’t use him but he seemed pretty chill, when I killed the Queen his breakup letter was more ‘I can’t be a part of this, but good luck’ than ‘FUUUUCCCKKK YOOOUUU’, so that already makes him better then Maia and Pally.

centrism is a huge turn off

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

the memory of ydwin will live on in our hearts

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
broke: playing deadfire at release

woke: playing deadfire + dlcs 1 year after release

bespoke: playing deadfire when the micro-dlc ydwin companion romance add-on is released

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
tbh I wouldn't mind Obs trying the paradox model with infinite micro + macro dlc for deadfire,

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Captain Oblivious posted:

Well

He's a monotheist, red hair originates in central asia and was for a long time considered most prevalent among a particular insular non-evangelical religion. I'm not sure what languages Ropekid used to design Rekke's language but I'm betting some Aramaic/Yiddish/Judeo-dialects were involved because the dude seems to be an evangelical Eoran Jew.

i think kate dollarhyde invented rekke language

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
it begins, lol ✌️

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/51

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

frajaq posted:

less romance
more gameplay improvements

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
releasing deadfire right before steam summer prbly has gyaldem holdinh off 2 see if Obs does a 10% drop

TEENAGE WITCH fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 30, 2018

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Basic Chunnel posted:

Kotaku review is up. Digest: good setting, good characters, game so broad that core plot feels disconnected from the rest of it by the end of a full playthrough.

extremely 2018 video game

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

treizebee posted:

Ydwin goes against the grain and wears that eyepatch on her eyebrow.

ydwin is wavy af

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
aloth looks too happy so my immersion is being extremly hosed with tbh

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Fantasy Polynesia and no kiwi or kakapo ropekid?? smdh.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Your Parents posted:

Consumables being a per encounter resource was apparently a pre alpha idea and what rope kid originally wanted to do but apparently there was internal pushback.

A lot of cool ideas from the lead designer seem to have been sandbagged internally so I'm not surprised rope kid wants to do something else now that I think about it

making a series based on nostalgic ideals will always be a problem wehn u try and innovate since design decisions that are cool & interesting might gently caress wit the essence of the nostalgia and cause ur game to take an L from the community, its the tightrope the Pillars series will wqalk successfully and unsuccessfully 4ever,

or until they have enough money 2 make it into a 3rd person action-rpg

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_2glRyXXhw

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
lol, i feel for the bae that had to write out 40 pages of balance notes

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Chairchucker posted:

Obsidian should make a Noir Detective RPG with Alpha Protocol level reactivity IMO.

disco elysium is coming out soon

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/94 🖤

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Taear posted:

Anyway - the best proof of Deadfire being Ireland is that there's some Coastal people working with them that they've made absolutely bloody sure are as Island as you can be. Like Maia! And Kana I guess. Just like Wellington.

dyrowod is also ireland since the broken stone war is just bad vibez from messihng with a fairy fort

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
aedyr is drake, dyrwood is pusha t

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Freaking Crumbum posted:

is he less of a twat if you don't tell him to sublimate isyldr? i feel like him having to deal with her outbursts would at least make him less self-righteous.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
btw

https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/1009886502774378498

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

GrandpaPants posted:

I'm actually legitimately surprised by DOS's wide success. Like I'm not surprised by its success within the niche of CRPG aficionados because it's a good CRPG, but it got a lot of GOTY type of recognitions and I can't really fathom why. Is it just the combination of turned based combat with a bunch of modern QOL stuff that makes it easier to get into?

u can fulfill ur shape of water fantasy with a red salamander

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

quote:

Added UI to recommend which companions to bring on quests relevant to those companions.

🙌