Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

new phone who dis posted:

When you set your own background in this are you essentially making all the major plot decisions from the first game? How much will I be missing between rolling a new guy and selecting a background vs. importing an old save?

According to the devs, you'll miss only some very minor stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Also good on Obsidian to get that desperate Bioware fanbase money by making the companions horny as gently caress in the dialogue

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hulk Smash! posted:

This game will take 100+ hours to complete. 10 of which will be spent in character creation.

If you're a fake gamer sure

true PoE 2 gamers have already been carefully planning their characters in these past months :smugwizard:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

GrandpaPants posted:

So did Cohh ever recruit Pallegina? If she's inaccessible, I'm curious whether the same is true with Aloth if he joins the Leaden Key?

Nope, and I don't think he found Teheku or Maia yet either

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

rope kid posted:

Cohh has stalled on the critical path because he loves side content. He spent about 5 (?) hours in Queen's Berth today and left for Tikawara / Poko Kohara near the end of the stream. :negative:

Is that a slight hint on how to make these companions be available? :v:

I'm gonna watch more of Cohh tomorrow anyway and people in the unofficial Discord can always tell me if Maia/Teheku shows up

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I have 169 hours in the Deadfire beta

what the gently caress

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Urthor posted:

So basically +2 power level always if you build your party half decently??? Isn't that just broken?

From what I heard from backer beta builds, yes

e:just remember Godlikes don't have head equipment slot so their racials passives have to be a bit stronger to balance things out

frajaq fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 6, 2018

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

homophobic slurs are the least of RPG Codex's problems, trust me

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

tithin posted:

So what's going on, can I get a cliffnotes on the drama?

The workers of Obsidian should unite and overthrow the corrupt and incompetent upper management of the company

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm reading some of the abilities from Cohh's stream and...

they nerfed Paladin auras hard????? :negative:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dairy Power posted:

Hmm. I think I'm going to start out with the run I was considering using presets and hold off on continuing the file I just finished.

Yeah if there are bugs no way I'm doing my main save at the start, gonna try a "customize your decisions" run first

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

GrandpaPants posted:

I don't think he's even recruited all the companions yet...

it's fun watching the devs squirm at the discord that he gets too sidetracked to get the other companions

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Wizard Styles posted:

Did they gently caress yet?

no but you can flirt him from the get-go

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Someone mind spoiling the exact locations of Pallegina, aloth, xoti, and Tekehu?

I hope that when Tekehu introduces himself you can respond "bless you!"

Here's all companions Cohh got so far, tried to keep spoiler free as possible

Edér - Literally first person you talk to after opening sequence

Xoti - First city (Port Maje) in starting island, near Readcerans refugees/Dawnstar people

Aloth - Engwithan Digsite in starting island, part of critical path quest, after you open cage in the middle of ruins

Serafen - First ship encounter after you get yours repaired and set sail from starting island

Teheku - Watershaper’s Guild in Periki’s Overlook in Neketaka

Pallegina was met in Neketaka port but not able to be recruited so far

Maia Rua was not met yet

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Scorchy posted:

People watching streams, have you guys been noticing a lot of bugs, glitchiness, empty text strings, etc?

There are rare quest bugs so far yes, like NPCs not interacting properly at certain stages of quests.

Sometimes in Queen's Berth (a big area in Neketaka) there were performance drops that were fixed with restarting the game

I saw in one combat an enemy glitching, stuck in animation and dying after awhile

Importing a save with the baby orlan decision doesn't work, have to customizing one or pick a preset with that decision

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Captain Oblivious posted:

Have any of the streamers found where to recruit

Maia?

From what I've heard on discord she's in the Queen's Palace at Neketaka

e: confirmed too

frajaq fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 7, 2018

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Iymarra posted:

Also, I saw mention of an unofficial discord. Does anyone have a link to that, please?

Does this work?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I have a meeting starting right at launch time :negative:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

There will be people that buy this game because Critical Role™ told them to but they get confused at even Relaxed difficulty and give up

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Greaseman posted:

I've failed miserably to prepare a satisfying save from PoE 1, do you miss anything without one? Do we know?

very minor details according to devs

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Spoiler picture of a few gods in link below

:nws: warning: fish tits :nws:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

why is it not unpacking, what the hell

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Being able to increase combat speed is the best poo poo ever, thank you Obsidian

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

yo how the gently caress do I do From the Wreckage quest after I'm done with Hasongo?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Is Neketaka's Queen supposed to be gone forever after your first interaction with her or...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The Royal Deadfire Company submarine if you side with them is the best poo poo ever, thank you Obsidian for making this :allears:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Did it, finished the game, final place was pretty and interesting set-piece

Can't wait to play it again with another class/companions

Xoti convincing Eothas to not go with Rymrgand's ending that I choose was pretty drat funny

Good work Obsidian!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Neurosis posted:

man the giant grub is trough at level 7 with mediocre gear.

wew glad I'm not the only one who had problems with that boss

wish when I used Scale Only Up option that it still showed skulls, doesn't make much sense that not working

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Scorchy posted:

Jibe, then come to a stop, can raise your hit rate +30%.

Ohhhh so THAT'S what was happening with the accuracy

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Ok what's the boon Rymrgand is supposed to give the player if you import a PoE 1 save where you pledged to him? Did mine bug?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Does anyone knows who gives ship bounties on the Huana side?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

2house2fly posted:

Maia: looks like a loving dinosaur. Ten feet tall

bad taste confirmed

also snu snu

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Why the gently caress am I forced to pick a Diplomatic dialogue option on the second talk with the gods while I'm roleplaying an rear end in a top hat Bleak Walker properly :argh:

And why does a single dialogue option is already enough to get a Reputation change and down my Defense bonus by 1 :argh:

e: now all the other bleak walkers are gonna make fun of me back at headquarters

frajaq fucked around with this message at 13:15 on May 14, 2018

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Explosives are so loving busted I'm seriously considering a full saboteur POTD gimmicky run

Just have to think about which classes would best suit that

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Meteor Shower is worth the wait :stare:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Managing to get Maia to go against RDC in a pro-Principi route because I romanced her was pretty drat cool, and she doesn't even get a bad ending for it :feelsgood:

Pallegina's ending for it, however, ouch. That's pretty drat dark, VTC

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Captain Oblivious posted:

What exactly happens to Pallegina in that ending?

Vailian get mad, instead of kicking her out they send her aboard one of the most vulnerable ships of their fleet

it gets attacked, sunk and they never find/recover her body

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

finished a 100% content run just now on Hard, and I'm kinda disappointed by how easy the game became, and I can't even use that scaling poo poo properly because it doesn't even work?

Hopefully POTD will be more interesting and fun after the first official patch, until then I'm waiting on playing more of Deadfire, although I'm still curious about 2 faction routes

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

see that's funny because I activated the scaling exactly because rope kid recommended to people who do all the sidequests like me :negative:

frajaq fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

also how the gently caress do you please Aloth in the relationship bullshit, he turned into such a little poo poo between these 5 years I swear