Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

I don't know wether to go Battlemage proper or just keep my melee specced Wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Wizard Styles posted:

When in doubt, always multiclass for more dialogue options imo.

I will, then. I was never a big multi- or dual- classer back in the day, but the system in 'Deadfire' seems relatively simple and I never found myself using too many of the end-game spells in 'Pillars of Eternity', so missing out on a few of those probably won't kill me.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

GrandpaPants posted:

Do we actually know by how much Power Level affects stuff? Like is it +10%/level?

I think it's different depending on what it's affecting? Not just a flat percentage increase though.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Urthor posted:

https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fex...e.com/Abilities has the lvl 8/9 abilities, but it's a little patchy I think. Worst case scenario you'll have to go to Carnage's youtube for htem

Someone screenshotted all of them, but I don't think they're ordered.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

And for the second question, the blade of the endless path and the other unique sword you find in Caed Nua's hall are fragments you have to piece together again.

Whispers of Yenwood.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Aloth gets a dope one-handed sceptre if he commits to destroying the Leaden Key, Eder brings his sunny disposition no matter what.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

ColdIronsBound posted:

Any idea which classes aren't covered by your companions?

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia...fire_companions

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Scorchy posted:

I love that the orlan baby is a big thing now, considering you have to get halfway through a late POE1 sidequest and then change your mind in the middle of it.

From what I remember, I actually deliberately went out of my way not to take the kid and ended up stumbling back into a conversation where the guy watching it attacked me and I had to take it.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Captain Oblivious posted:

The way this happens fyi is if you take the baby and walk out the door, soooo

I must be misremembering, then, because I definitely didn't do that.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Aloth is cool.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Ratios and Tendency posted:

What do you think is cool about him Dan?

He's got moxie.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Oasx posted:

Both Aloth and Pallegina are a bit boring, but Aloth is actually super useful in combat, Pallegina not so much.

Pallegina is very cool.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

She's a very useful party member mechanically, but she's also one of the best companions story-wise.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

I'm just going to wait. Kind of wish I hadn't pre-ordered.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Traxis posted:

10 AM PDT

What's that in real time

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Autonomous Monster posted:

(If you go to the steam store page it'll tell you how many hours there are until it unlocks. Have fun staring at that number, kids!)

Seems like a lot of effort for little reward. No thank you.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

I'm too dumb to figure out how to help the dude steal the ship in Fort Deadlight. Is there a way to do this without alerting everyone?

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

algebra testes posted:

You have to waste 2 or 3 guards to descend to where the ship is yes, but after that and you kill the guards around the ship there is an option to allow you to move around the fort unmolested when you ring the bell 3 times

My problem is more that I can't waste the guards without them alerting everyone. If I ring the bell, will that clear?

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Vermain posted:

It's a bit of a puzzle fight. Notice that big stack of exploding barrels on the section of the docks right below the ship? The two patrolling guards meet up there occasionally. Try applying fire damage to those barrels and see what happens.

I tried that at one point, but it didn't quite work. Maybe they just weren't close enough.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Queer people love to do finger guns.

I think I might be the only person who had their save import perfectly. I went back and checked before I started and I actually didn't take the kid after all. I've also got both my broken swords and Eder's still devout.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

The Doomhammer posted:

One thing that I'm wondering get's explained... (very early spoilers) How exactly Eder ended up back in your company after the fall of Caed Nua. Not that I doubt he'd come running just to help a friend, but it seems a little odd to me no one even mentions the circumstances of his return (at least, yet)... he's just there, of course he's there!

Especially with the bugged end state where he was back living in Aedyr. Did the steward just turn up at his door in the mail someday "sir, could you sign for this talking statue and what appears to be a soulless corpse."

My feelings are that this needs no explanation. I have no doubt Eder would move heaven and earth to help his buddy.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

I imported a save where I forged the Blade of the Endless paths and had the Whispers of Yenwood and when I checked in the ship's Captain quarters I had the fragments of both. I didn't save the crate during the tutorial.

I think any problems are down to using the world-state generator.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Also, seems a little dumb so far that Maneha doesn't have an actual conversation tree in my game!

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

deep dish peat moss posted:

Is there any way for me to slow down combat? PoE1 had a slow-mo timescale (and an option to automatically enable it in combat) but I can't find anything equivalent to it here. There are keybinds for combat speed up/combat speed down but they don't seem to do anything for me and I can't get combat to go any slower than real-time.

There's time controls in the same basic place as the first game. Don't know why they're not working for you.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Hey, where's the area in Neketaka you're not supposed to go until a certain point because it's bugged?

Is it the elevator down to the Old City, because I'm wanting to go down there and look for a fellow.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

FunkMonkey posted:

It's that.

Alright, cool, thank you. I'll hold off on wrapping up that quest until I get the conch one or whatever.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

If I go to the old city by way of Dereo, I avoid the bugs, yes?

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Donít transform bounty targets into pigs and kill them.
It wonít register.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Iretep posted:

technically it shouldnt too since i dont think people accept pig pieces for a bounty on a pale elf pirate.

They change back when you kill them, it's just they stand back up and you can't loot their now standing, but dead bodies.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Eder and Pallegina are also bisexual, they're just not that into you.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Free Triangle posted:

Are there any easy ways to buff your mechanics to 10-11 by the time you clear Arkemyr's mansion?

I just focused on pumping it on one character; Ydwin or Serafin, and used them throughout it. Easy.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

gently caress. I've just lost a few hours of play because of what seems like a pretty big bug?

If you complete Shadow under Neketaka but have already pissed off the Wahiki in the process of completing Aloth's quest, the next quest tells you to go tell the Queen you can't recruit them to her cause, but there's no dialogue option with her.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Dan Didio posted:

gently caress. I've just lost a few hours of play because of what seems like a pretty big bug?

If you complete Shadow under Neketaka but have already pissed off the Wahiki in the process of completing Aloth's quest, the next quest tells you to go tell the Queen you can't recruit them to her cause, but there's no dialogue option with her.

I actually don't think there's a way to fix this, lol. Goddamn.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Adnor posted:

Oh poo poo Soulbound weapons have no sign that they're special? I have none yet, and now I'm not sure if I found one and sold it.

They have the same different background colour in the Stash/Inventory UI and they tell you when they examine them.

Dan Didio posted:

Has anyone figured out a fix to this? 'Fruitful Alliance' spoilers.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I encountered a similar problem Aldeys becomes non-interactable if you do a plot mission before going back to see her a second time, and the only solution I found was to reload an earlier save. Sorry

Yeah, reloading an earlier save isn't really an option for me. Wish I'd known these two quests would bug out this way if I did them like this. I guess I'll just have to hope someone else wants to offer me some jobs!

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Inverness posted:

I'd recommend making it a habit to never overwrite your save files.

I don't, it's just the last save I made before doing the thing that's caused the bug is like fifteen hours ago.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Are priest deities chained to dispositions? That seems really weird and bad.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Belief is interpreted and practiced in many different ways, and the disposition system is not finessed enough to come close to replicating them. By contrast, Paladins in Pillars believe in specific ideals, not specific concepts or entities and have less room to offer personal interpretations of their ideals, so a disposition based buff makes more sense.

Furism posted:

I'm not sure but I think it's supposed to impact the Power Level of spells if you the disposition very high/low, I think?

That makes more sense, as if it's the god in question passing judgement over how you worship them. I kind of like that.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Subjunctive posted:

Itís not just about belief. How a priest conducts themselves is part of how they worship, and their godís desires for their worship affect the powers bestowed.

Yeah, I like that idea.

Dan Didio posted:

That makes more sense, as if it's the god in question passing judgement over how you worship them. I kind of like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Clanpot Shake posted:

Just beat the game and my relationship with Iovara from PoE1 never came up. What'd I miss?

At one point or another Tekehu asks you if you've ever been in love/are in a relationship and you can respond, 'There was Iovara, but that was centuries ago'.

«2 »