Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Berserker+Monk looks cool, I wonder how Instruments of Pain will interact with carnage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
It looks like Monk may be better as a single-class, but an expert alchemist that gets high on their own supply & beats the snot out of monsters sounds cool :v:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Nalzpaca/Berserker may have been a mistake

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Uhh my custom Priest behavior keeps changing Blessed Harvest's Prioritize By: to Most Afflictions from None.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Decided to stick it out with Berserker/Nalpazca for the time being. Dude's a drug-fueled walking bomb. :v:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Has anyone ventured down into the Old City? Badass sabre down there

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
As much as I like Serafen's character the wild magic is awful

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Monk has been my lesser used class on my PC, but the fist damage, action speed buff, and debuff cleanse is nice. Especially the fist damage since barbarian gets Full Attack abilities!

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
So did I royally gently caress up by spending too much time in the Old City? I wasn't actually down there half a day

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Oh god I love the talking sword already

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I guess RIP this playthrough, save before you enter the Old City

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Scorchy posted:

If you can fight your way out to the river, stealth one person all the way to the right and there's a boat to exit the zone.

Lol! Thanks, that works! Still not sure if they were supposed to bring the lift up after only an hour.. bug or intentional?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
With Modwyr in my off-hand & Lightning Strikes always up my PC now deals crush, slash, and pierce damage with shock, burn, and freeze lashes :v:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Well that doesn't seem right :crossarms:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Arkemyr's Manor has some sweet loot :haw:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Roobanguy posted:

dope, modwry can be soulbound to anyone after you complete her quest.

:aaaaa:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Does Degnos really have a better reward for you later if you assist his sabotage?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
There's a dialogue loop that lets you invite clones of Luca on board lol

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Eder's multiclass is pretty good since Rogue gives him access to Riposte. I've single-classed all other companions though :shrug:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

I think weapon skills should have some advantage over just the model. I dont care about the modal at all

:same:

Btw, has anyone datamined Modwyr's different class abilities? I bound her to Monk on my PC, but I'm wondering what the Barbarian upgrade did now...
FWIW the first Monk upgrade is +2% action speed on hit stacking up to +30%

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Urthor posted:

https://i.imgur.com/CZrrJky.jpg Modwyr barbarian stats, see if you got different ones.

Also as a lvl 14 Ravager with superb weapons on Veteran, I'm genuinely unsure if this game's difficulty is bugged. Feels extremely easy at this point, the AI can win fights on its own most of the time. I'd actually love if there was a console command to check I wasn't playing on a lower difficulty.

Also you can fully upgrade Modwyr if you go find her old owner, not sure if it has different stats to if you just upgrade the soul binding though.

:hfive: Ravager buddy! The full attack abilities are insanely powerful

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
lmao

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Does Delver's Row actually get shut down if you tell the Prince about it?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Xoti is all kinds of crazy :stare:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Vegetable posted:

The loading time between screens takes a little too long for my liking. Is that probably a result of a bottleneck with my graphics card, memory, or processor?

Hard drive

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Urthor posted:

https://i.imgur.com/CZrrJky.jpg Modwyr barbarian stats, see if you got different ones.

Also as a lvl 14 Ravager with superb weapons on Veteran, I'm genuinely unsure if this game's difficulty is bugged. Feels extremely easy at this point, the AI can win fights on its own most of the time. I'd actually love if there was a console command to check I wasn't playing on a lower difficulty.

Also you can fully upgrade Modwyr if you go find her old owner, not sure if it has different stats to if you just upgrade the soul binding though.

Okay, found her owner & it looks like it doesn't matter what class you soulbind her to

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
The legendary spellbook with the freezing fireball that causes paralysis rules. The ray of raw is pretty good too.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Is the fix for dead sailors being fought in boarding battles set for a later date?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Where do you get this? I have Concelhaut's, but I'd rather have that one honestly.

Also, where do you get the quest Burkana's Folly? I've done the actual content (see above), I just don't know where to turn it in for the achievement.

Arkemyr’s Vault in Periki’s Outlook of Nekehatu

myDad fucked around with this message at 09:55 on May 12, 2018

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Dallan Invictus posted:

I found some at the food vendor in Sayuka, I'm not 100% sure whether that's the only source or not but I'm pretty sure it's always there.

The real bugger is finding sugar and nuts to make candied nuts to bring to your meeting with Captain Aeldys (this isn't NECESSARY but I did it because the letter inviting you is funny as hell and it actually has a positive effect if you do), because they aren't guaranteed anywhere so I had to try three different towns separated by a week's sailing to get lucky enough to put together a sufficient supply.

What do the nuts get you?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Zore posted:

Minor rep boost and funny dialogue.

Gotta give her the nut next playthrough

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Tenzarin posted:

I donno if this has been posted yet, but I will rule the Deadfire Sea with my army of cloned Luca's!

He clearly is good with paperwork.

I donno how to submit the bug but here is where I found it because I think the dev reads this.
After getting luca fired you can redo the conversation an unlimited number of times it seems to dupe him.

Posted this earlier when I accidentally cloned him once. Happy to see someone took it beyond reason! :v:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
So companions are the ones with stories? I met a couple that seem more like afterthoughts, though I admittedly haven't spoken to them outside of their initial offer to join my party. (the worker at the Dark Cupboard and the Pale Elf animancer)

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Those are "sidekicks," also known by their latin denotation, "ailedfay tretchgoalssay".

Bummer! Xoti has easily been my favorite, but I'll probably swap out Serafen for Tekehu once I figure out what happened to his mentor

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

DoubleDonut posted:

I have a question for the first game: is Arcane Dampener worth taking? It seems like it might be extremely useful, but I'm not sure if enough enemies will buff themselves for it to be worth it. (Arcane Dampener is a third level wizard spell suspends beneficial effects on foes for a decent amount of time.)

Take it. The best grimoires have unique spells & include damaging spells already so you can use your levels for utility.

While on the subject, Binding Web at PL2 is great for an AoE immobilize with a 0.4s cast time.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Do you get more rewards from boarding battles over cannon fire? Ship battles & bounties seem to rake in the cash

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Furism posted:

iirc rope kid said rewards are the same but you'll always take more damage if you go straight to boarding.

Cool! I sail up on em when I board & they either get one raking shot or waste time jacking around

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Wask posted:

Any suggestions on making my PC monk less fragile in general? Might even dual class him with fighter for some of the buffs/stances in the "real" playthrough now that difficulty scaling might be fixed. The fighter Mortal Kombat pull to use against casters or gunners looks very useful as well. That monk does tremendous damage but every now and then the enemy group with alpha strike him hard.

Multiclass with fighter or barb. People have been raving about monk's late abilities, but I think it's better to multiclass so you can plow through the early & midgame.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Harrow posted:

See, I'm tempted to multiclass with Fighter (Devoted, I guess, since fist proficiency is free?), but man those high-level Monk abilities look fun as hell. Maybe I can just load up on defensive equipment until I get to the point that I have enough CC and other defenses to keep my Monk safe.

That said, I suspect that having something like the Devoted bonus to penetration and crit damage is probably going to be more useful overall than the flashy high-level Monk abilities. Like those are still going to be extremely useful, but only in the very late game, while extra penetration and crit damage with two weapon types (fists + whatever I pick for Devoted) is going to be very useful from start to finish.

If you have a cipher you can toss the PL4 Pain Block on him for Robust (health, armor, 10/3s regen) at 0.4s cast speed. Also Restore is a 0.4s cast ranged heal for Priest, but the range is pretty short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Harrow posted:

Oh nice, that'll help. I haven't been using a Cipher or Priest in my test playthrough but maybe I'll try to fit one in on my Monk run.

I'm still not sure what's going to be more useful/fun overall between having those Fighter bonuses for the whole game, or getting Monk abilities like Torment's Reach much earlier, but we'll have to see I suppose.

Monk/Fighter starts with Swift Strikes & Disciplined Barrage which is sweet. Plus the upgrades to Swift Flurry & Disciplined Strikes are at PL3 and seem absolutely nuts together. I went Monk/Barb, but I think Monk/Fighter might be the strongest one-on-one combatant possible.