Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Walrus Pete posted:

I can't believe I never saw anyone with the backer beta mention this, but I noticed something :siren: extremely important :siren: in one of the pre-launch streams yesterday.

Original Slicken has returned to us :swoon:

okay, it's not as disgustingly good thanks to how prone has changed, but still

Right? I was watching AngriestPat's stream and when he used it in the first fight my grin just got bigger every time they fell down again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Avalerion posted:

:argh:

Is there even any point to making Eder a fighter rogue then? Just straight up fighter might be better.

Though I keep forgetting mods are a thing, so all this stuff should be fairly easy to fix. :D

You want a party with Eder, Pal and you as a tank. Rogue or Swashbuckler Eder gets your offense back up.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Is anyone else getting server problems from GoG?

Seriously this is why you have a preload.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

A couple of minutes ago but now I'm up to 10 %.

Also interesting info from that review on US gamer:

Yeah it just fired up for me. Cool.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So I just got the most amazing bug.

My Watcher turned into Eder in the sea cave at the start. Like their portrait is Eder, they have his barks, they have acquired some of his fighter abilities in addition to their priest and watcher ones and their model has transformed from an Orlan woman into Eder. It's completely broken and persists even after saving, quitting to desktop and reloading.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Milli posted:

Hi this is the PoE 1 sequel I didn't know I needed

Right? It's hard to be mad at this

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Shadows Under Neketaka quest

Do you need your watcher specifically to have 9 arcana to partially remove the dragons souls while letting it free? Cause Aloth's sitting next to me with 14 and it doesn't work. I'm kinda pissed if this is intended

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Daztek posted:

Nope, but it needs Metaphysics and I think party assist only gives like half(?), so it's the Watcher's Metaphysics + (Rest of Party / 2)

Cool, thanks for this. I just needed my Watcher to get high to make up the difference.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Filthy Monkey posted:

So the unique item vendor in Port Maje you can turn on in a new game from achievement points sells these for 3125 gold. They are probably somewhere else in the game as well. I just don't know where.

Start as a nature godlike evoker wizard, for a total of +5 to power levels right out of the gate?

For anyone wondering they're in the Ashen Maw, so fairly late game.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Just spent 15 minutes fighting a boss and right before the end Tekehu permadied.

WHELP

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Beat the game. Holy poo poo that was incredible. And goes on the very short list of games I beat in a week.

Poor Pallegina did not do well after I went with the Huana. Dang the Republics really do not deserve her. Also really loved Eothas. The sort of chill friendly chats he had with everyone, even Pal.

ProfessorCirno posted:

See, I'm the opposite. In all these kinda games, those big hub cities are almost always the most interesting parts of the game. I say eschew the dumb nature classes and give more RPGs set entirely in cities.

That or like give us urban nature classes. Freegan hipster druids and rangers with oversized sewer rat companions.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 12:53 on May 14, 2018

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So if I'm making a Druid(Shifter)/Monk(Shattered Pillar) I want to stack the hell out of dex and might right?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Count Uvula posted:

Sorry :(

Doesn't someone mention that Roparu being reborn as higher castes is completely unproven? I don't think the existence you lead in a previous life has any impact on how you're reincarnated, it's random and the rewarding nature of reincarnation is just a local religious belief.

Isn't it actually the case that they look at your past life and assign you your caste on that? So you're basically locked into the same caste unless you really gently caress up enough that they demote you next time round? I know Tikawahara sorta mentions they at least do that.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Anyone got a good portrait set for fire godlikes? Either gender, preferably women. Or like a stumpy dwarf fire godlike dude.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Scorchy posted:

There's a big portrait pack linked in the 2nd post, might be something in there you can use.

Looked there and doesn't seem to have any.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Do we know when level scaling will get fixed?

Jimbot posted:

Anyone make a Monk/Cipher character? I thought about trying that combo out in a second play-through.

Running one that's Shattered Pillar/Soulblade. Fragile as gently caress but it hits like every truck. Every single truck.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 19, 2018

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Yeah that was about my take on it too Berke.

Xerophyte posted:

I'm fully expecting there to be a Pillars 3 ending option where Pallegina is the one surviving godlike in the world due to her Hyleaectomy.

Well PoE2 ending spoilerI imagine if any Eothasian godlikes survived 2 they'd be fine as well, due to him not being around to take em.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Xerophyte posted:

I imagine Rymrgand would never do something icky like imbue a life with purpose.

Someone mentioned earlier Rymrgand godlikes are mentioned in the one of the guidebooks as basically just blights on the land, causing everything around them to go to poo poo. It's not mentioned if they're visibly different. Knowing Rymrgand they might just look pale but normal, so as to ensure they get to live and unknowingly do his work.

Basically kill white people. Just to be sure.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

The Rum Runners dlc isn't downloading on GoG? I bought it and it says I have it on my account but it's not in the list of dlcs for the game.

Also I'm a little surprised priests are so rare. The whole story of the game meant I rolled Eothasian priest first.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Honestly my main complaint with reactivity is a lack of Sagani, seeing as she was the companion actually from the general region, but I'm hoping that the ice dlc will get us to southern Deadfire. Boreal dwarves are cool.

Hawgh posted:

I can't help, but I just checked and it looks like I have the same issue.

Soooo, here's to commiserating, I guess?

It just fixed itself for me, is it working for you yet?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

Alright. I was thinking of replaying Pillars of Eternity in preparation for the sequel. I already bought both pieces of White March DLC since I saw they were on sale.

Which powerful, fun class would you guys recommend, and which stats would I need to pump for it? Last time I played Cipher and had a lot of fun as a naked crossbow guy, now I'd like to try something different.

If you're fine with being a powerful support priest is good. And has a fair bit of reactivity and dialogue. I really enjoyed a run as an Eothasian Orlan, the most hated man in the Dyrwood.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

2house2fly posted:

Only on the console version, unless modding the PC version is massively different to New Vegas

It is different yeah, mods disable achievements. Unless you use one of several mods to enable them anyway. Bethesda did not really put much effort into the it so it's easy to undo. Genuinely curious if it was just a low priority or if they deliberately made it easy cause the disabling was something mandated to them.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Fantasy Polynesia and no kiwi or kakapo ropekid?? smdh.

I think they'd be up in Rauatai.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Also those pales elves who worshiped Rymrgand getting reincarnated over and over again whole cause he found it funny to deny them the oblivion they wanted.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Is there any point withholding the information from Dereo at the end of the cornett's call quest?

I imagine it gives the Principi less power, so it's something to do if you want to manipulate who is the second strongest faction for the endgame.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Uh huh tell us more of secret hardcore RPG masterpiece Mass Effect Andromeda. :shepface:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

2house2fly posted:

My issue with Eothas is, why does he ask the player's advice? Why do you get to influence what he does? People complain about not being able to stop him, but him even bothering to stop what he's doing to talk to you is itself an ego-stroking power fantasy

It makes more sense for some Watchers. At the very least as a Watcher who knows what's up with reincarnation and what not you provide the only non-divine perspective with the relevant knowledge. Given Eothas' known beliefs it makes sense he'd want some kith perspective and your history makes you the most qualified kith.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So, as someone who hasn't played since Mirke and has come back for a new run with all the big dlc, anything to know?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

2house2fly posted:

You'll want to have a look at the new subclasses they added, and if you've got steam you'll also want to have a look at the mods in the workshop- there's some decent ones. You can also have a look at the premade characters people have uploaded. Be careful if you're exploring at random because there are four hypertough megabosses dotted around now. Go into the options menu to customise the killcam, because it can get in the way a bit if it dramatically zooms in every time you kill an enemy. Oh, and before starting a new game click the imp head at the bottom of the main menu.

E: regarding Nalpazca, drug effects can be removed by enemies using certain spells (I think arcane dampener for one) which is probably the major downside- you can potentially end up high and dry in the middle of a fight

Thanks mate, GoG though but I'll keep the rest in mind.

I'd probably keep mods for a later playthrough anyway.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Couldn't decide so I made two new chars

- a steel garrote/chanter devoted to woedica

- a wizard/arcane archer who hates the gods

no idea how the latter will be but i figure the above will be crazy strong based on how good pallegina was with that combo.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Yeah.

Even JRPG fans couldn't stand I Am Setsuna's writing. That game was a loving pile.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

ilitarist posted:

Please direct me to some good ones. I have Alvora Tactics (but I think it's western-made tactics with a little focus on story) in my short list as well as Tales of Berseria.

Dragon Quest 11 would be the most recent one, it's silly melodrama, but like written by people who are very good at making likeable characters (so you care about the drama) and being very funny. It involves scenes like heroically leading a gay Mardi Gras to rescue kidnapped villagers and an extended affectionate prowrestling parody.

Either of the Bravely Default games own. Octopath isn't bad either.

NieR Automata is an incredible trip and is one of the best written games in years.

I really like the character writing in FF15 a ton, the plot is a mess, but I enjoyed the game all the way through cause the cast was so likeable (also the VA is some of the best in the industry, the lead hero and villain particularly killed it).

Tales of Vesperia is getting a re-release soon and it's also very good.

Oh poo poo and the Yakuza games, they're Japanese rpgs and they own own own.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

They tried the same thing again with Octopath more recently, and I think that was more well-received, but they still fumbled it hard because I'm not really sure these developers know how to think critically or come up with things for themselves because they've never done that before even once in their lives.

*except for akitoshi kawazu

Eh not quite. Square set up two studios to do this. One which made Setsuna and Lost Sphear, who yeah your estimation is probably accurate.

The other made Octopath which was pretty decent but yeah rote, they also make the Bravely Default games which if you're gonna tell me those don't show incredible critical analysis of the genre I'm just gonna laugh my rear end off. Octopath seems to have been them experimenting with some Saga style progression and also getting something out early in the Switch lifetime and less polished than the Bravely games (they started making the third bravely game sometime during octopath's development so that probably diverted resources).

Also like. Octopath has issues, but comparing it to Setsuna does it great injustice. Octopath had ambitions that didn't quite pan out and does a lot of weird poo poo but it's still pretty solid and certainly interesting. Setsuna and Lost Sphear aimed for generic by the numbers poo poo and didn't even manage that.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

KPC_Mammon posted:

Aloth keeps running into his own freezing cloud for reasons unknown so I'm really looking forward to turn based mode.

The Deadfire is hot for a noble from notEurope.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So what's the best thing to do with Serafen build wise now?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So for Serafen, pure Cipher? Is Cipher/Barb still a bit poo poo compared to the other cipher/melee combos?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Zarick posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1399216139

I've found this guide to work okay for him. The only thing with Serafen is that if you make him any flavor of Cipher, be sure to save often... his Wild Mind means sometimes he will just randomly blow up and probably take anyone around with him. (Fortunately this includes enemies, but...)

Cheers. I save constantly so I'm good. Well I'll think what I plan to do with him this run. I've done a Huana run back at launch so now I'm tossing between the other three with varying parties.

Guess it'll depend on what the rest of my party will be.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I want to know what the gently caress is up with the Living Lands, if there's a 3 I hope we go there.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

chaosapiant posted:

Based on this thread’s discussion of PoTD I know I’ll never be good enough to play it. Normal/Veteran for me!

I'm glad I cheesed it at launch when it seems to have been easier than current veteran. So I can forever claim "yeah I beat Pillars 2 on PotD".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Anyone know of good Pillars 1 or 2 LPs/streams outside of AngriestPat's?