Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012
Why don't wizards get quick switch/deep pockets? There's no way to make a bookworm nerd wizard specialized in juggling a massive stack of spellbooks without multiclassing, and even with multiclassing you can only get one or the other. Since quick switch is a fighter exclusive and deep pockets is a rogue exclusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012
Now I need to decide, do I jump right in to character generation or do I wait for the last five codes to drop, so I can get the pirate space pig pet?

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012

Adnor posted:

So far I've playing with a Fighter/Rogue gunslinger build with 4 sets of pistols, but my main character is completely useless against skeletons. I have that unique blunderbuss that it's like a mortar so it does damage besides piercing, so I equip that as a main gun and a sabre for backup when I know I'm going to fight skeleton, but is there any unique pistol that does damage besides piercing?

There's this Rogue skill, Deep Wounds, that converts % of your damage to raw damage. Would that work, or it would still be 0 because 20% of 0 is 0?

As far as rogue skills for bypassing damage immunities go, get the gouging strike upgrade for the blinding strike skill. The raw damage bleed from that lasts until the end of combat, so it's great for cheesing enemies that have annoying immunities or are too tough for you to handle. That and a longbow are my go to solution to the sigil traps, since they can't do anything about being tagged with that from outside of their range. The brand enemy skill in the paladin tree is similar, but it does burn instead of raw, so things can actually resist it sometimes.

They work on bosses too, when I got to the giant grub I was seriously underleveled/geared due to beelining for Modwyr. So I ended up killing it by leaving the rest of the party in stealth mode outside the boss chamber and sending Eder and a generic mercenary paladin in on a suicide mission to gouging strike and brand enemy the thing and turned combat speed to max until the annoying thing slowly bled and burned to death.

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

the thing that gets me is trying to remember what spells aloth already has available via spellbook
Comedy gimmick build incoming.

Just ignore the spells on level-up, go for the passives and cast everything from grimoires. Single class characters get 28 ability coices, Wizards have 27 passive abilities and one mandatory first level spell pick, so you never have to pick a spell after first level and can always have all the passives relevant to whatever grimoire you've equipped online. And since that means you've picked every weapon style talent available and also arms bearer, you can also select the wizard's weapon load-out according to the situation in addition to their spellbook. It's basically single class wizard version of the blackjacket.