Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Captain Oblivious posted:

Something I'm unclear on: Are Lightning Strikes and Swift Flurry mutually exclusive upgrades to Swift Strikes? Can you only activate one or the other, or do they stack on top of each other if you have both?
All of those upgrades are mutually exclusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Snicker-Snack posted:

They level concurrently at a slower rate and you get less abilities in total.
Multiclass characters don't get less abilities. They even get an additional starting ability because every class gets one.
e: Actually, in the long run, single class characters do end up with one more ability pick because they get one less starting ability but two more from reaching extra power levels. Still, in general multiclass and single class characters are treated the same - one ability per level plus an extra one when reaching a new Power Level.

The multiclassing section here is up to date: https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Character+Creation
What the wiki doesn't really explain is that the slower Power Level advancement does more than lock you out of the highest level abilities. The Power Level of a class also affects the, well, power of active abilities and a lot of class-specific passives and other perks.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 5, 2018

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Snicker-Snack posted:

My bad then, according to that table the total difference in abilities is 27 vs 28 for multi vs single class, respectively. I read one of rope kid's answers about multiclassing on his tumblr and assumed that the difference would be bigger.
Yeah, I just edited my post. Single class and multiclass characters get the same one ability point for each level and Power Level reached but it does work out to single class characters getting an extra ability in the end.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Tzarnal posted:

The specifics of the system have changed radically 2 times and got majorly tweaked another time so that was probably true, a while ago.
Multiclass characters used to get more abilities in the earliest beta build because single class characters didn't get an extra ability for reaching a new Power Level then.
I think that's the only time there was a pronounced difference during the beta period, but afaik the whole math about how multiclassing works was changed at some point during development before the backer beta came out. So, yeah, maybe multiclasses got way less abilities before that.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Completely unrelated, but I've been talking about how the Animal Companions of multiclass Rangers are weaker than those of single class Rangers a couple of times in the last few days. I definitely remember reading that on the official forums at some point. But it's not consistent with how summons (that scale with level, not Power Level) and a couple of other things in the game work so I just checked that again right now.

And animal companions do in fact also scale with level, so the animal companion of a multiclass Ranger will be as good as that of a single class Ranger before abilities are taken into account.

Which makes multiclass Rangers a lot more desirable than I thought. It's especially nice for pairing a martial and a caster class without having to go crazy over casting times because oh no the opportunity costs!
Definitely making Maia a Ranger/Wizard now.

I'm also wondering how I managed to put nearly 100 hours into the beta, play probably a dozen or more Rangers and yet never actually check if what I read about their leveling was correct. v:kiddo:v

Clever Spambot posted:

It seems like having several pools will be more beneficial in the hardest difficultys where fights are lasting a while
Depends on what abilities you take and how they scale with Power Level.

e: What I mean is, if the abilities you want gain a lot from extra Power Levels, going single class can still be better. For the record, I found single and multiclass characters balanced well against each other in the beta but that's a range of 3 levels, which is not extremely meaningful.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 5, 2018

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Dairy Power posted:

Edit: Just realized "golden thunderstorm" is dangerously close to "golden showers". Hmm.
I'm glad you have found a name for your character and the accompanying Steam guide.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

frajaq posted:

true PoE 2 gamers have already been carefully planning their characters in these past months :smugwizard:
wildrhymer lol I gotta play that poo poo :haw:

I mean, yes, definitely carefully planned everything months ago and refined the build over the beta period instead of throwing poo poo at the wall for fun.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
When in doubt, always multiclass for more dialogue options imo.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Urthor posted:

Also, the 9th level ability prestige is a must take on every single single class now? Why would you ever not take that passive ability.
Really depends on the abilities you get. I'm not sure how many Fighter builds would want it, for example.

GrandpaPants posted:

Do we actually know by how much Power Level affects stuff? Like is it +10%/level?
Varies by ability. 10% is pretty close in general, though. Some have discrete break points depending on Power Level, like number of missiles for Minoletta spells.

e: Power Level also increases Penetration, so in that sense all damaging spells have those break points.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Blockhouse posted:

Okay, the only way to decide which of my many many many PoE 1 characters I'm going to bring into 2 is to just post in the thread and have you people tell me what to do so I don't have to make decisions at all. Should I start with:

- Wood Elf Ranger
- Pale Elf Rogue
- Hearth Orlan Cipher
- Death Godlike Paladin
- Fire Godlike Monk

I intend to basically remake them and keep their primary class and then multiclassing them into whatever seems good.
Without knowing how much micromanagement you want and which companions you'll keep around: go with the Ranger because you can use the animal companion in dialogue now and it's great.

Avalerion posted:

- Hearth Orlan Cipher
or
- Fire Godlike Monk
Both are decently powerful but not really top shelf imo and have some of the more interesting subclasses. The Monk also has the Nalpazca which seems to have made it through the beta unscathed somehow, meaning it's busted and will always have maxed out Wounds as long as you keep some Svef around. So if you just want to break the game a little before the inevitable balance patches that's not a bad option.

I think the answer might be to take the Orlan so you aren't locked out of the best pirate hats and multiclass it with Shattered Pillar.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Eraflure posted:

Do you still have to minmax your mechanics to find all hidden treasures/open every lock in Deadfire?
As Hieronymous said, finding traps and hidden things uses Perception now and disarming traps and opening locks still uses Mechanics. Judging by the beta, playing without a character with high Mechanics is definitely possible but annoying.

CottonWolf posted:

I think with the upgrades, whichever one you upgrade becomes significantly better than the PoE1 version, but the other one is weaker, yeah.
The upgrade should just affect all of the auras. Having upgrades to a modal only affect one of the modal choices is just really bizarre design to me.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Heithinn Grasida posted:

I’m totally the multiclass type of player. I like to play characters that deal with things with a huge bag of tricks and have just the right move for every situation, even if they aren’t overtly the most powerful.
It should be said that that's not really how a lot of multiclasses work out in Deadfire. This is judging by the beta, which means level 6-8, but there are a few issues that prevent multiclass characters from being those toolbox characters:
You get one ability point per level, two if you reach a new Power Level. That isn't a lot for any character and means only the formerly Vancian caster classes really end up with a broad array of active abilities because they get a free spell per power level or have access to Grimoires. And even they still have spell slots sorted by Power Level (instead of using a shared resource pool for everything like the other classes). The Rogue's Trickster subclass also gets an extra active ability per Power Level (and is fun although not very powerful) but that's it iirc.
A multiclass character has to spread those ability points between at least two class resources. More if you're playing a multiclassed Monk (needs abilities using both Wounds and Mortification) or Chanter (needs Phrases and Invocations). So they naturally end up with less abilities for each of their resource pools, meaning they get to make less choices about how to spend them.
You also generally want to upgrade abilities you've picked, so I don't really expect things to open up all that much later in the game.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

FunkMonkey posted:

My mistake on will, but thanks for the response. That makes Fanatic a more appealing multiclass option for me.
You don't even need to multiclass, just smoke svef everyday.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Daztek posted:

Cohh finally found Tekehu :v:
Did they gently caress yet?

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

bongwizzard posted:

Having everything per-encounter is kinda dull and makes every encounter feel the same.
I think we have pretty much the same problem with fights in Deadfire being samey. Although I don't think they all feel the same; enemies were varied enough in the beta, it just rarely felt like I had enough different abilities to switch up my party's style to react to that.
But that's not a problem with everything being per encounter. I mean, do you ever really feel limited by the resting system in PoE1? Never mind backtracking to the nearest inn, outside of a handful of areas there are so many camping supplies everywhere that I usually leave dungeons with 2 of them even if I rested a bunch of times. PoE1 casters can effectively cast everything they have in every fight that matters.

I think Deadfire feels pretty samey in the beta due to characters not getting enough active abilities to actually have a lot of real choices, lacking ability balancing, and redundant ability design (I still look at the Rogue's ten million ways of inflicting Perception Afflictions and wonder what happened there and if there was a time where they'd stack or two Afflictions of the same type would combine into a higher tier Affliction).

More to the point of consumables, though, having them as encounter-based resources could only help with variety since quick slots are limited. So you would effectively have a selection of consumable-derived extra abilities that you could adapt to whatever you're fighting.

Galewolf posted:

I usually enjoy playing a paladin which almost always leaves Pallegina benched but Aloth is a permanent member of "420SmokeWhiteleaf" broteam with Eder and Zahua because he cool.
Are you talking about Hiravias here? Because I think even just hearing the word broteam would make Aloth spontaneously combust in the most passive-aggressive fashion a man can spontaneously combust in. Also, Aloth is the type that never does drugs saying that willingly poisoning yourself is stupid but really he's just scared he'd say or do something embarrassing that nobody would ever (Ever!) forget.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Did anyone make a list of Deadfire companion attributes yet? I couldn't find anything on Reddit or the official forums.

I want to know if at least one of the guys I want to use has sufficiently high Perception to serve as the miner's canary of the party or if my Watcher will have to do that.

Vargs posted:

I think this could be really cool if quick slots were scaled back to a single slot, so combat doesn't begin with everyone slamming 5 potions down their throats and you really need to decide which item is worth taking.
Potions take longer to use in Deadfire. I don't remember how long exactly, but chugging 5 in a row would probably amount to missing half of the fight. So that would balance itself.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I forget the exact numbers but I believe both Ydwin and Maia have high enough per that you could find most or all traps with a decent +per item to wear.
Thanks.
That's good to hear about Maia because I plan to have her in the party at all times. Or at least until she and every other highly patriotic or religious party member leave me as I go full no gods, no masters, only pets.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Xae posted:

Because I insist on making bad decisions I'm planning either a Rogue(Trickster)/Fighter(Devoted), or a Rogue(Trickster)/Wizard(Illusionist).

Someone help me decide which bad decision I'm going to make.
If you want to make bad decisions, Illusionists are exactly what you're after.

I didn't play an Enchanter in the beta, but of the Wizard subclasses I did play, Illusionists were the worst.

Losing access to Conjuration is a pretty big blow, and if you think that surely, Fighter/Illusionist will be good because it was amazing in Baldur's Gate you'll soon find out that a lot of the better self-buffs are off limits to Illusionists.
Oh, and their passive ability triggers Mirror Images, a defensive spell, after you got attacked. And possibly hit and interrupted.

Judging by the ability screenshots that were posted a few days ago, there also aren't any Power Level 7 or 9 Illusion spells, so multiclassed or not Illusionists don't get a capstone spell.

Tricksters are also kinda bad because you lose Sneak Attack damage in return for having more ways of spending your Guile without actually getting more Guile. They're fun, though.

And of course Trickster/Illusionists are the wrong kind of double dipping, as Tzarnal said.

So of all the bad decisions, Trickster/Illusionist would be one of the worst.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 7, 2018

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Tricksters should just not do extra damage but generate extra Guile with Sneak Attacks or something.

I didn't even know about the Sneak Attack damage nerf, that seems a bit harsh. (Multiclassed) Rogues were very good in the beta but so were Nalpazca, Berserkers, Devoted etc.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Xae posted:

It is amazing to see my ability to pick barely functional classes and combinations out of a hat continues.

One day an RPG will do illusions right, one day...
Don't take me making GBS threads on Illusionists the wrong way, there are absolutely strong Illusion spells.
Dazzling Lights was one of my mainstay Power Level 1 spells. It's not spectacular but it lowers Might and Will defense while targeting Reflex, which is a pretty favorable setup. Curse of Blackened Sight and Miasma of Dull-Mindedness are good CC although their AoE is pretty small (and Miasma can affect friendlies, so aiming it can be a bitch). Displaced Image is a very good self-buff. And so on.

Just the subclass is bad.

Also, what GrandpaPants said, Beguiler/Rogue is a strong and synergistic combination and could be just what you're after.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Thirsty talking sword spoilers:

Eraflure posted:

What stats do you need to romance the sword
I'm gonna say Resolve:

My soul is already bound to Modwyr.
:love:Forever:love:

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Samuel Clemens posted:

Didn't rope kid mention at some point that Sneak Attack should scale with Power Level? Maybe that's why it's base damage was nerfed.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
I guess that could fix multiclassed Rogues performing really well while single class ones were consistently below par according to their telemetrics data. Although I personally think that was mainly an issue with the abilities Rogues could take in the beta level range.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

bagrada posted:

How bad an idea is priest+druid universalist gameplay-wise? I didn't pay much attention to Hiravias in PoE1 so all I know about druids is they shift into werewolf type things and tear things up while flinging heals, vines and storms around.
That's one of the least attractive multiclass options imo. I have never played it in the beta, but it just seems to be very inefficient wrt its action economy. Many Priest and Druid spells take a while to cast, and you want to use your Spiritshift as well. You could circumvent that to some extent by playing a Lifegiver, who wants to cast while shifted, but that wouldn't fit the character concept.
Also, you don't just reach higher level spells later/never, but your Power Level advances slower as well. In my experience that's a big deal especially for the Druid's damaging spells.

Impermanent posted:

Monk abilities can't be used shifted so he's kind of awkwardly moving between 3 modes of play.
Wait, what?
That's not how it worked in the beta.
This isn't what I was promised!

...why? :(

Impermanent posted:

it was really, really OP.
I don't think anything Barbarians could do in PoE1 qualified as OP, but balancing old Carnage in a multiclass world sounds like it would have been almost impossible.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah I think monk abilities can be used shifted. At least I remember discussion of an animation of a bear doing like a flying kick.
Yeah, I've played a Helwalker/Shifter not long ago and all the abilities worked while shifted.
I also played a Shifter/Wizard at some point and could cast Wizard spells shifted, just not Druid spells.
And I never felt like the Shifter multiclasses were overpowered, so that kinda comes out of nowhere.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Fuligin posted:

I've been on black out wrt development. For those with experience in the beta, is PoTD still the way to go if you're experienced with this sort of game or is that a bad idea?
My stance on this will always be that if you think you can do PotD you should just because it's a long game and you don't want to regret not selecting PotD 20 hours in.

I also jumped right into PotD when the beta came out and although the first two runs were a struggle it wasn't too bad. I'll definitely play on PotD with the level scaling options rope kid mentioned.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
I'd bet my Orlan daughter that players that reach the halfway point of the game are a minority.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

rope kid posted:

- Kämpfe etwas gemächlich

:negative:
Maybe I got the the wrong idea thanks to all the Lagufaeth in the beta, but I wouldn't have expected that to be a point of criticism. :shepface:

e:

GrandpaPants posted:

For reference, 43% of people who own POE1 beat Act 1 (this is the highest percentage achievement), 10% actually beat the game. Only 5% beat WM1, and 3% beat WM2.
I have almost no cheevos because I always cheat, usually just to bring hired mercenaries or characters rejoining the group after long absence up to the Watcher's level.
And since WM1 also to quickly give my Watcher Field Triage to save that wounded wolf.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 8, 2018

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

rope kid posted:

I always expect Germans to complain about things being too easy.
Gemächlich means slow, though.

quote:

Die pausierbaren Echtzeit-Kämpfe laufen im zweiten Teil gemächlicher ab als im Vorgänger. Das hilft der Übersicht, sorgt aber manchmal für Frust, wenn man einem Zauberer bis zu zehn Sekunden beim Vorbereiten eines Angriffs zuschauen muss.
So, basically, they're complaining about the casting times.
The ten seconds of casting time they mention seem like maybe a little bit of an exaggeration, though, unless they played a Dex 3 Beckoner.

Milli posted:

That German review apparently says that only the new companions are romancable, nooo. Though that was admittedly through googles shoddy translation.
That translation is accurate.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Captain Oblivious posted:

Wait, really? That's...surprising.

You'd think people who you have a history with would make more sense for that...
Edér is, as always, living in the past and still can't forget the milkmaid.

Pallegina doesn't want you to find out the shocking truth about her cloaca, especially since she knows you'd instantly write a letter to Hiravias that just reads "You were totally right, bro.".

Aloth knows you'd only put up with him so you can be with Iselmyr.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

jfood posted:

would my romanceable sword be cool with xoti as a side-piece?

can we get a weird, hosed up poly thing going?
I hope the final soulbound upgrade is Modwyr pulling an Unlabored Blade on you and becoming Terrible if you dared cheat on her with a meatbag.

rope kid posted:

It means casual or leisurely, but I hadn't seen what you quoted. In that context, the implication is definitely pacing.
It's always used to describe pace.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
The only problem I have with Thaos and his plot is that you always get told where to go next by NPCs.
First a dead animancer tells you to go seek out Maerwald. That's actually not a problem in itself to me and also is a good introduction to your newfound Watcher powers.
Then Maerwald doesn't just tell you to go after the Leaden Key but also exactly where to look. No investigation or anything required.
And then you're forced to work with Lady Webb for no reason. Unless you burned all your bridges and need her to even attend the trials I just don't understand why she's even there when she doesn't tell me anything my character couldn't have figured out anyway. Until she reveals that Thaos is going to Twin Elms, that is. But that's right after the Watcher confronts Thaos and has a vision, so the Watcher could theoretically have seen enough to figure that out as well.

It's not that different from Baldur's Gate, ultimately, but in BG you at least get to follow a paper trail yourself so it feels like your character doing more.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Milky Moor posted:

If PoE2 has learned from Tyranny, I reckon it'll be great.
I agree, Tyranny made a lot of mistakes to learn from.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
The real pull of a Fighter/Rogue tank to me right now isn't Riposte but Persistent Distraction.
Also versatility. In the beta, dedicated tanks were very powerful in a lot of fights but also useless in a couple others.

Cynic Jester posted:

What's a good multiclass for making a tanky fighter? Just Fighter/Paladin?
Fighter/Paladin and Fighter/Wizard are both good tanks in my experience. I wouldn't take a subclass for the Wizard if you go with that; there isn't one that gives you all the self-buffs you want.

Insurrectionist posted:

I'm thinking of what to do with my Barbarian and have a couple questions. First, Witch seems really cool but are any of the Cipher subclasses good with Barbarian? Anyone tried it in beta?
One of the earlier characters I tried was a Corpse-Eater/Soul Blade. It worked pretty well despite the Corpse-Eater's issues.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Heithinn Grasida posted:

I imagine riposte, if you can make it work well, would be better on something like a caster multiclass that makes itself untouchable with deflection then casts in the middle of a big group while passively dealing damage with riposte. Or a trickster skald with rapier and dagger that uses riposte full attacks to build phrases quickly.
Tricksters didn't do well as tanks in the beta, not even as temporary tanks. Mirrored Image works well for the usual Rogue playstyle and is pretty competitively priced at 1 Guile but it's not a good spell for tanks. At least that's my experience playing on PotD; Mirrored Image may work a lot better at lower difficulties.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Ability information is now mostly up to date on the wiki: https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Abilities

I'm kind of sad that Tekehu can't learn Fire Stag afaik.

Also, Chanter Phrases are looking pretty good. You can eventually give your party resistances to all Affliction types as needed.
Unfortunately there aren't any offensive Invocations with fast casting time for multiclassed Skalds at high levels and I'm still kinda annoyed Reny Daret's Ghost Spake and Killers Froze Stiff are so redundant especially when you upgrade Killers Froze Stiff, but eh.

Not so sure about the Ranger abilities. The high Power Level stuff and most active abilities using or targeting the animal companion seem lackluster. Shadowed Hunters could be ridiculous in an all Ranger party, though.

e: Inner Death + Empowered Strikes, drat. :v:
I was gonna play Shawdy as a single class Monk anyway on account of gently caress Priests, but drat.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 8, 2018

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Iymarra posted:

Probably an unknown answer at present but say you get the sword that talks and have an unarmed focus (like monk or shifter druid) class, would that then be calculated as part of hits or would it not be factored in?
I don't know what you mean with "calculated as part of hits" but spiritshift claws override your usual weapon slots. That almost definitely wouldn't work.

Urthor posted:

Wait what's the deal with https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Mob+Stance this ability? Apparently Cleaving got through the beta un-nerfed, does that mean the ultimate devoted dreamboat is alive and well with Cleave?
Devoted/Berserker still looks as tempting as ever if all you really want to do is kill a dozen enemies with one swing of your weapon.

SgtSteel91 posted:

I'm thinking about making a Fighter/Cipher class because I like Fighters but also people said Ciphers tied into the story well.

Is that viable? Seems to me it might be because Ciphers need to physically attack to restore mana.
The Fighter's Devoted subclass is perfect for that. Soul Blade is a good Cipher subclass to multiclass with a martial class. I never played a Fighter/Cipher but in general multiclass characters combining martial classes and the Cipher worked well for me.
Multiclassed Ciphers don't end up with a lot of Powers to choose from, which can be an argument against the multiclass if you're looking for a character that offers a lot of variety.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

nessin posted:

I don't really like the idea of multi-classing a Cipher. Fewer abilities and the lack of the end tier craziness they get seems like it would just not be worth it. And if you were going more for buffing yourself as a pisotolier and less of the magician, I'd think Wizard or Priest would be much better with either Fighter or Rogue.
Priest buffs take too long to go up for that imo. Multiclassing Priests in general seems questionable for that reason.
Both Wizards and Ciphers worked fine as multiclasses in the beta. Wizards seemed better overall but Ciphers were a work in progress for a long time so it's hard for me to really say for sure.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Autonomous Monster posted:

Are there any other abilities with that much synergy? Because Christing gently caress that is a "delete boss" button.
I mean, there are a lot of synergies both for single class and multiclass characters, but I don't think there are any other instances of "Here's what you pick when you reach the final Power Level, enjoy the gibs."

That said I'm trying to figure out how far you can take the Cleaving Stance Carnage gimmick with a Fighter/Barbarian.

Level 1 (max. power level 1): Frenzy and Disciplined Barrage
Level 2 (1): Barbaric Yell
Level 3 (1): It's all bad, I'd take Blooded for no real reason. It's possible to use Monastic Unarmed Training to get past the one weapon class limitation of the Devoted but it's still bad.
Level 4 (2): Fighter Stances and either a weapon style or Thick Skinned.
Level 5 (2): Weapon style or Thick Skinned.
Level 6 (2): Into the Fray mainly to have something to spend all those Discipline points on. Then respec out of that later to pick up Barbaric Blow.
Level 7 (3): Disciplined Strikes, Bloody Slaughter. Admittedly Bloody Slaughter is a little gimmicky but it's a strong gimmick when it works and the synergy with the Fighter's ability to crit for fun is definitely there.
Level 8 (3): Rapid Recovery and One Stands Alone are both good options.
Level 9 (3): Whatever wasn't picked at 8.
Level 10 (4): Charge looks like it could be nice with Carnage? Frenzy upgrade.
Level 11 (4): Barbaric Yell upgrade.
Level 12 (4): Weapon Specialization.
Level 13 (5): Mob Stance, obviously. And Barbaric Smash.
Level 14 (5): Armored Grace, probably?
Level 15 (5): Unbending or another passive, which might ultimately depend on how Clear Out interacts with Carnage and Mob Stance (as in do they trigger before or after the push effect).
Level 16 (6): Maybe Clear Out, maybe another passive. Nothing on the Barbarian side looks particularly great, so that'll be a defensive passive.
Level 17 (6): Eh. Reaping the Whirlwind I guess.
Level 18 (6): Ehh.
Level 19 (7): Fighter ability is kind of whatever. Unbending upgrade if that was taken instead of Clear Out, some passive otherwise. On the Barbarian side you got the choice between the final Frenzy upgrade and Blood Thirst.
Level 20 (7): Final Frenzy upgrade or Blood Thirst.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
I love that my animal companion actually shows up in the prologue. Just you and me against the fucker that crashed our castle, buddy.
e: Okay, Edér, you can come, too.

Also my lion lacks decorum.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

I'm an indecisive dweeb who isn't importing a PoE1 save and I've change my minds a couple times about what I want and that extra time walking to the table really adds up.

I hope they let us jump straight to the history/character creation at some point. The fact that the first game started at creation was a big time saver.
I played for 10 minutes and now I'm trying to figure out what character history I want to set up since I'm not importing my one true PoE1 save until all the DLC and patches are out.

Probably should have done that a little sooner. :v: