Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
I'm looking forward to spending 10 hours starting and restarting characters before starting an actual playthrough. Think I'm gonna go with a cold wizard. Or a continuation of my Skaen Priest. Or a greatsword backstab rogue.

Stokes fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

I loving hate multi-classing but you pretty much have to if you want to recreate your experience as a Priest of Skaen from the first game. You don't even start with stealth if you pick Skaen or a Slave as background.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Seriously what is the point of a Priest of Skaen if you don't multiclass them into a rogue. It gives you all these rogue abilities without the ability to follow up with them. All they need to do is give Skaen priests a minor sneak attack ability like in the first game, and it all makes sense, but as of now there's just no point to single class a Skaen Priest and that's dumb.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Ship combat is so incredibly terrible and needlessly confusing that I'm already to call PoE1 vastly superior to 2.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKiy3GDn8VQ
I have been messing around with this build, and it's super fun. Very gimmicky. You absolutely need a dedicated healer, so no soloing, but it absolutely shreds.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Ravenfood posted:

when you're shifted, do you stop getting benefits from rings and belts?

Yes, you do not get any benefits from any equipment while shapeshifted which is why all those barb passives are important.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

When developers do something like nerf a way to play your character into the ground beyond what was actually needed, like for example a Beckoner, are devs like 'lol oh well' or have they actually tested a full playthrough with a Beckoner on the highest difficulty with the current patch notes and have found a new and exciting and fun way to play them. A lot of the nerfs looks like someone said 'just cut the number in half, I don't know.' A games player base should be allowed to find fun, powerful builds without a fear that sharing said build will get them nerfed.

Was making the monsters harder instead just not feasible?

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Agnosticnixie posted:

Because while some specs trivialized the difficulty, just flatly buffing the difficulty of enemies would have left those that didn't even deeper in the water.

I think I read something that ropekid typed about passing over each POTD encounter to make sure they were difficult enough/in a good place. Just flatly nerfing the power of the PC doesn't sound like that accomplishes much either.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Have they stopped with the petty, unnecessary nerfs yet? Is it safe to play the game or are they still figuring out how much people hate what they changed before they bring it back up again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

rope kid posted:

You will never be safe.

I'm glad that you think that what Xaviant did to The Culling in it's first incarnation is the way to go with your game, but I think it's loving dumb.