Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm trying to read through the thread but it's huge and I thought I read somewhere in here that there are places on the map that let you sell your inventory for higher prices than normal? Should I be hoarding my stuff until then, and also what/where are these places?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I just found Crookspur and after reading all of this I'm terrified to explore/genocide it. I'm not that far into the main questline yet so I guess I'll just let it sit for now?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I think there's another pet bug in that my pet AI stance seems to keep changing back to Aggressive (my PC is set to aggressive). I want it to sit on Defend Self, but it seems like every other fight it flips back to Aggressive and then I'm stuck with Separation Anxiety. I just want my bear to sit back and protect the squishies.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I may be an outlier but my Ciper/Ranger is doing pretty amazingly with resources since I have Frostseeker. I don't feel he's a wasted slot by basically firing once/twice getting a ton of focus, and just spamming Whispers/Dominate stuff for the rest of the fight. Sure I'm not critting for crazy numbers, but unless the enemies are totally immune to MC I can get most of them on my side in a few rounds. Non POTD, though.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Avalerion posted:

Is that with the beta patch? Because frostseeker as well as time parasite have been nerfed too.

Since I have no idea what you're talking about I'm going to say no.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Gort posted:

Is Whispers of Treason the best spell in the game? I shoot a dude once and then I get four attempts to charm guys for like 20 seconds.

Yeah this is all my MC Cipher ends up casting and it lasts for like 45 seconds which is insane. I'm over halfway through the game and it seems to always end up with everyone on the battlefield being on my team. Which actually becomes a problem for harder enemies because then my team won't use any scripts and all my passive healing chants/auras start healing them, too.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I've let my game fizzle with a MC Cipher/Ranger about halfway through and at this point it looks like I might want to just wait for the July DLC to drop before I start up a new game. I still have a boner for Ciphers so I'd probably do Cipher/Ranger again but I'm already getting analysis paralysis on making other fun sounding combinations. I've always been a goody two shoes since I've had it beaten in to me that always picking helpful/good answers gave me the most quest rewards, but Bleakwalker/something just sounds like it would just let me [right hook] all day errday and God that sounds like fun.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I've had issues with my (normal) pet somehow constantly returning to default aggressive. Like every other fight I have to manually switch them back to passive so they will sit back and guard me so I don't get that bonded grief malus.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Would doing a Bleak Walker / Devoted (1h sword) so I could use Modwyr for the entire game make sense, or is Modwyr not a good end-game weapon?

Edit: Then I'm thinking either 2 1h swords or sword+board, even though I know I can't use a shield modal but that combo should be plenty survivable without a shield right? (Non-POTD)

Fhqwhgads fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 4, 2018

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I think at this point I'll just wait for the July DLC and subsequent patch to start over. I will go back to my Cipher/Ranger goody two shoes eventually, but I think I'll start over as a Bleak Walker/Devoted rear end in a top hat because it sounds like too much fun.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I don't know how you can play the game without fast mode.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Ramc posted:

I made my Bleak Walker/Chanter to see how it looks and I realized this is basically Deathlok from Metalocalpyse. My new headcanon is they began to experiment with chanter-don post PoE1 and the end result was Awaken Mustakrakish but with Eothas and that is why the intro happens

THANK YOU FOR ATTENDING THE INAUGURAL "GODS AREN'T REAL - HERALD OF DEATH"-FEST HERE AT CAED NUA. MY FIRST SONG IS FROM AN ANCIENT BOOK OF DIVINE ENGWITHIAN NECROMANCY

now i've clawed my back from the dead in the middle of a pirate storm and i am here to rock this is the canon pc of the game you can't convince me otherwise don't try

I need to steal this idea once the DLC comes out. Two heralds, one offensive, one defensive, one invo, one summon?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

A blunderbuss that shoots bees. A blunderbees.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I did something to my game and now no voices can be heard, and it's killing me to think I'd have to start over /again/.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I'm loving playing a Bleak Walker / Devoted more than I thought I would, but is there a way to solve the fighting houses in Neketaka questline without one killing the other? On one hand, just saying I'll straight up kill the other house make sense to me as a BW, but on the other hand, I don't want to lose Pallegina. Is it as simple as just not taking her for that quest, or will she leave me if I put her back in the party after going full murderhobo?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

How / where do you see the bonuses from reputation as a paladin? I'm trying to play my Bleak Walker true to form, so I'm being aggressive / cruel whenever possible, but how do I know what bonuses I'm getting from doing that if any?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

JawKnee posted:

"I have strong feelings about EVERYTHING" is the best dialogue option in the entire game

I appreciated just straight up telling a god "This is bullshit."

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Taear posted:

They could easily do a Saint's War one!

Bonus Eder and brother storyline action!

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

this is my aesthaetic

Eccosi Homo

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I'm very much looking forward to restarting my Bleak Walker Herald in turn based mode.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

One of my biggest issues paying this game was rtwp because I love mages but was constantly overwhelmed by everything going on during combat, and even setting up all the pause triggers didn't really help. TB mode feels like I'll be able to get a lot more bang out of the game (pun intended) at a speed I can handle.

Edit: I want to redo my rear end in a top hat Herald for Turn Based. So what I'm getting is that Dex is no longer that important, and I should go with a big 2H over the dual wield I used to use? Bleak Walker / Troubador (for more chants) or Beckoner (for more ogres)?

Fhqwhgads fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 9, 2019

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I know I'm super late to the party, but Turn Based is a godsend for this game. I don't know, I could never really get into it with RTwP, but as a turn based I'm having so much more fun with every fight. This just works better for me and now I might actually finish the game for once!

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

drat I thought NPCs in games like this are supposed to be playersexual but I didn't think I'd have to fight Xoti for Maia's affection! I love their interactions and would think their banter was downright adorable if my Amaua wasn't trying to hit that in this playthrough.

I'm glad I gave this game another go with TB because I'm getting so much more out of it now, and not just with combat.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Nasgate posted:

I'm just glad they let me be a dick to the God's now that my character knows what's up. Yeah I'm talking about you Galawain you petty child.

I did grin at being able to look Berath in the eye and say "This is bullshit".

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

There's plenty of choice and consequence in Poe2. Just because you can't stop Eothas doesn't mean your choices aren't meaningful.

Eothas going all "I broke The Wheel" 35 minutes ago.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

But it's an RPG! In RPGs my numbers go up until I eventually kill gods! It's my power fantasy! Eothas is a huge God therefore he has huge guts! Rip and tear!

I'm being facetious but outside this SA bubble that's what a fantasy RPG is and regardless of what you say about it that's the expectation the average player is going to go in with. So not being able to actually kill the giant god you're chasing the whole game is going to feel disappointing for the majority of players.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

With the TB action economy, are summons more effective? Between Ishi, my chanters ogres, and Xotis avatar I'm basically doubling the size of my party on large fights and it feels like it really helps control the area. I haven't even started using all the summon figurines...

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

So which one is better overall, three wurms or an enraged drake? I'll need to spec out of the ogres at some point.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

cheesetriangles posted:

Wizard should be the only class.

Tank Wizard
Offtank Wizard
CC Wizard
Nuke Wizard
DPS Wizard
Heal Wizard

...checks out.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Chairchucker posted:

Sagani Itumaak is the best and my friend.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

With TB, is heavy armor more attractive for your front line? Aspd decreases don't matter as much in TB, unless you're trying to get something off before another player in that turn instance, right?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Avalerion posted:

Larian seems to be a bad fit for this - at least assuming they'll try to make a faithful sucesorr to BG and not Divinity: Faerun.

Rank 10 Summoners turn your summon from a miniature giant space hamster to a giant space hamster.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Larian is good at swords, not words.

Checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

On TB the ogres were a mainstay of mine. Summon them on turn one for extra damage sponges and they'd usually last until the end of the fight, or at worst need one recast. I thought summons were extra good on TB for the action economy or whatever.