Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
the necklace that summons two wurms and a drake per rest seems really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I’m in the middle of grading a huge number of MBA final projects and have to push out a manuscript tomorrow. I’m hoping I can sneak in an hour of char creation before bed tomorrow.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I made it to Neketaka with a wizard/cipher and hated it. Never got enough focus to cast any cipher spells.

Restarted with a melee wizard/chanter and am having a blast. Summoning 6 skeletons at the start of every fight is amazing.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

D-Pad posted:

Somebody posted way earlier in the thread about there being two merchants somewhere on islands or something that if you sell everything too make you rich? Anybody know what I am talking about? I need money.

I think would be considered an exploit/bug, but whatever you sell to the fishmonger at Port Maje shows up in the fishrack behind her and it isn't flagged as theft to take it back. You can sell and steal back from her to get infinite money.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Nope, right-clicking it only gave a description of its outside, I guess the way GrandpaPants described it is the only way. I figured something was going on but thought there was going to be a confrontation between the criminals and the quest-giver. When they were no longer with me in Queen's Berth I went looking for the guy and he was just like Oh thanks a lot, bye! Welp, I hope I get to see or hear of the aftermath of this.

If you look at the bottom after you right click, where other items would say "Enchant," IIRC there's a button that allows you to open it.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

Taear posted:

And the underwatery quest for the RDC

How do I get the interaction with Galawain to trigger? I went down to the second level and started deactivating pylons without realizing there was an option to shut it down, and there was never any interaction with Galawain.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

ewe2 posted:

You have to go into the room with the Adra machine and try to deactivate it, you'll get dialogue with Galawain then. Like the other issues with quests done in Not The Right Order, this is confusing and I got it wrong the first time too.

I just looked at a map of Cignath Mor on the wiki and apparently missed the giant room with the Adra machine :cripes:

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Aren’t there insane monsters in the Living Lands? Could be a fun combat zone.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Alchemy gives you gigantic combat boosts that outshine any passive or buff available to any class. It’s probably the most powerful skill.

Can you elaborate on this? I am fuzzy about how the actives influence combat, with the exception of athletics.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I did not play on POTD, but Xoti's high level skills (eg symbol of eothas) melted everything. I didn't even spec her as melee, but with minor avatar she was unkillable.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Did I miss something big that specifies that you get an acc bonus from survival? Is there a good list of bonuses from actives/passives?

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

KPC_Mammon posted:

In pillars 1 survival gives you a selectable bonus when camping. 4 ranks let's you select +10 accuracy vs an enemy type (says on the description for the skill), 10 ranks gives a +15

My bad, I thought he was taking about deadfire.

There were some big (and small, which I appreciated) streamers playing deadfire before release. Cohhcarnage comes to mind.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Or charming one of them at the start of the fight. Summon everything so you have max meatshields.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I'm thinking about replaying now that some DLC has come out. Has performance improved since launch? My frames way dropped in Neketaka on a 750ti.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
What about Tyranny?

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Deadfire is PC Gamer RPG of the year: https://www.pcgamer.com/best-rpg-2018-pillars-of-eternity-2-deadfire/#comment-jump

I hope this bodes well for POE3!

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
My GF is leaving for a month so this is great timing for a playthrough. Looks like the skills have a number associated with them -- a version of action points?

E: Here's a preview: https://techraptor.net/content/pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire-turn-based-hands-on-preview

jerman999 fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jan 22, 2019

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Streamer playing TB mode at 11am EST: https://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I'm playing a TB run with a monk/rogue and having a lot of fun teleporting around and punching people.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I found performance to be better during combat because there aren’t a billion particles and effects going off simultaneously.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I'm playing a monk/rogue in TB and have a basic mechanics question: do fists/Tuotilo's palm count as melee weapons for the sneak attack bonus?

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Yeah I’m clearing out the old city, and the fight with waves of undead by Min’s saber took so long. However, I’m enjoying TB more than RTWP cause I’m thinking a lot more about each action. It’s very satisfying.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I’m finding TB a lot of fun. Just finished Hasango and now exploring, hit lvl 13. My monk/rogue flies around the map spamming torments reach. It’s easier than RTWP though, I’m playing veteran upscaled and it hasn’t been too bad.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Here's a bounty-related bug in TB. Whenever I try to attack Lord Admiral Imp in Queen's Berth, all the town guards aggro immediately before I have taken any actions. Looks like this has been reported on the Obsidian forums.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Plus there are some easy quests you can do for XP.

I got wrecked by the bog druid fight last night. Lvl 13-14 party, veteran upscaled. I think I'm using my rogue/monk poorly, should be teleporting to back line and pinning the casters. I also need to get Aloth's accuracy up.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
IIRC a stronghold quest reward that makes a duplicate of an item

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
The wizard summon blackbow is really nice in TB. On demand interrupt and terrify to two enemies. If you set up a rogue to engage an enemy you wanna terrify you deny enemy ability to do damage on their round and get an extra disengagement attack with high dmg.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

Free Triangle posted:

Are monks still good in turn based? I'd imagine losing lightning hands and fast weapons would hurt the class

Torment's reach and stunning blow do OK CC, but for 1 round only. The modals for burn damage and armor are nice as I can't spend all my wounds in late game. I multiclassed with rogue and am mostly doing crippling strikes against flanked/blinded/distracted enemies.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

Pellisworth posted:

Monk/Rogue crit-focused build with the Sun and Moon flail is disgustingly high damage (and honestly bugged/broken since Sun and Moon attacks twice with full damage).

My monk/rogue pretty often hits 300-500 damage in a single attack and I think my record high so far is 1080.

Oh that sounds nice, would you mind sharing the build? I'm going through BOW and am averaging ~150 dmg/turn but underpen when I run out resources.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
You guys were not kidding with the sun and moon build. With heartbeat drumming, deathblows + persistent distraction, swift flurry, and some +crit damage items and passives, I'm doing 500-700 damage a hit. It's insane. This is without any buffs even.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

H13 posted:

...while we're doing these sort of questions.

I saw before somebody was talking about doing 300 damage per hit or something absurd.

My Monk\Rogue is around level 14 and generally does around 40-50.

Does damage just go through the roof for the last 6 levels or are we talking about some serious cheese? How do you get anywhere NEAR those numbers?

Some of the guys were talking about the sun and moon build, which I have been playing around with. The actual damage numbers are a little inconsistent, because it's (per round, in TB) is dependent on rolls. Basically you equip sun and moon and want to get a lot of crits to auto-trigger additional attacks. Take one-handed style and swift flurries, persistent distraction, and then heartbeat drumming when you get it. Also take any +crit chance and +crit damage passives/food/items. I cast swift flurry and thunderous blows and run the turning wheel modal, then hit with crippling strikes. With multiple crit procs and damage bonuses from your various passives you can hit really hard.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Sagani would have been awesome for BoW.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

How is turn based mode for this?

It's awesome. Changes the nature of combat substantially. There are a few bugs (e.g., bounty in Neketaka aggros everyone) but it's still pretty solid.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
In my current run, Serafen blew himself up during the first fight I used him in. RIP.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
What's a trash mob? Anything that's not a boss fight?

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Really curious about the TB balancing, especially DEX, action speed, and Sun and Moon.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
CK2 has gotten a lot of updates over the years, even if you don't buy the DLCs you'll get updates/enhancements to the game. I'm excited to watch someone's run through the ultimate. Those patches look awesome.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Am I misremembering or are the console ports developed by another studio? Supposedly that studio would handle QA on console.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
You could but it got patched out. I’ve only played a few FS fights since the patch but haven’t been that annoyed by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
You could but it got patched out. I think there's a mod for retargeting now.