Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

rope kid posted:

Cohh has stalled on the critical path because he loves side content. He spent about 5 (?) hours in Queen's Berth today and left for Tikawara / Poko Kohara near the end of the stream. :negative:

Oh, yeah, speaking of Cohh's stream. I noticed Eder said he joined the Night Market in Deadfire, but at the end of POE1 he became mayor of Dyrford in the slides. Did it read his save incorrectly, or does he always join the Night Market regardless?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

So, there watching Cohh and then a streamer that used a preset world state, it appears there may be some bugs with importing saves. Is this a known issue, rope kid?

First thing I noticed is, as I mentioned before, that Eder joined the Night Market instead of becoming mayor of Dyrford in Cohh's game. And then (reactivity spoiler for Deadfire) a streamer had the orlan child on her ship while using a preset world state, but Cohh did not. Even though he imported a save where he kept the baby while leaving Sun-in-Shadow.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

GrandpaPants posted:

The Abydon choice only has 2 options out of a 3 option solution as well.

He chose to bind the souls to the cannons of the Battery in the previous section. There was probably a logic check to prevent the tempering Abydon choice.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Yeah, he only had one save and he's only ever beaten the game once. So that isn't possible. He did make his save game public, if that might help the people at Obsidian.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

What are its stats and type, like, I want to make sure I have a character who can use it

Soulbound, restricted to the Watcher, starts out Fine and deals +20% damage as burn when above 50% life and deals +20% damage as cold when below 50% life. It also asks which class to bind to (Cohh had to choose between Druid or Monk for instance), so it possibly gets different abilities depending on class?

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Example of minor reactivity that only comes from importing that I saw on Cohh's stream: Tekehu asked the Watcher about relationships and Cohh was able to bring up Iovara as a lover based on his choice in POE1. So, it's stuff like dialogue options you took.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

No, plus it is exceptionally unlikely given they aren't doing a proper expansion this time on top of companions being more complicated and fully voiced.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/pillars-of-eternity-2-deadfire-pirat-auf-goetterjagd,3329390.html

Review from Gamestar (in german). Scored a 92 which is the same as the first game, rope kid must be pleased by the perfect balance.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

HamHawkes posted:

Maybe they were played PoTD and you said it needs tweaking.

They played on normal.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

So the backer wallpapers had that sweet art of Eothas that was on the cover of PCgamer. Is there anyone that could edit out the Deadfire logo so it's just the art?

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Sweet, thanks goons.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Deadfire is a point lower on metacritic than the original, games journalism is stupid.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Yeah, the import thing with Eder happens even when your create a history in- game. Actually it's worse when using the in-game tool, because it constantly assumes you simply didn't complete his quest and he just moved back to Aedyr. Or that's what has happened to me using both a created save that restores his faith and one that encourages skepticism. Same for anyone else?

Edit: Also, each option should mark itself as complete after you select an option, just like in the primary Hollowborn Legacy. It makes me paranoid that the game isn't saving my choices.

Enigmatic Cakelord fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 9, 2018

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

FuzzySlippers posted:

It is weird. I created a history with Eder as mayor and he started with a mayor necklace but the conversation definitely didn't match that.

Yeah, I've done all the options now except for not recruiting him or he dies. He moves back to Aedyr in all the conversations when you ask him what he did after the Legacy ended. He has the Night Market amulet when I restored his faith and the mayor necklace when I enouraged skepticism (he also has it when I chose not to complete his quest and he actually moved back to Aedyr???????????). Whatever, I'll just live with it. Not going to delay playing this for a week.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

charms posted:

I created a legacy in PoE2 that specifically included Atheist Eder, and when I get into the game he starts the mayor's medallion but when I talk to him insists he went back to Aedyr with his parents.

Yeah, this happens no matter which choice you make for him.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Akong posted:

Skaen got real disappointed in me for not letting Aelys do her thing even though I chose that option in the Legacy.

Same. And during that same conversation there is no difference in an empowered Woedica, if there is supposed to be one. This import stuff is super killing it for me, sad to say.

CottonWolf posted:

When does Vela first appear if she imports successfully? I'm not sure if I have the import bug or not.

On the island you end up stranded on in the beginning, she will be standing near the old Magran worshiper.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Has any found a use for the rapier quest item you can pick pocket off the death guard in the tomb below Berath's temple?

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Regarding the Principi questline: I sided with the lady captain after the old guard captain sent me to deal with slavers, when does the follow up quest happen? I felt like there should have been more after I turned the quest in.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

They did mention empire in the voice over, so maybe Aedyr?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

No hope for balance.

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1286342132819734531