Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Honestly Xbox kinda embarrasses Sony in regards to backwards compatibility. Being able to play ninja Gaiden Black flawlessly and in 4K and Red Dead Redemption as well is loving insane. Game pass is great as well. On top of that you can watch UHD blu rays which look amazing on my TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
noping the gently caress outta here

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I read the thread title in Larry David’s voice, OP.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I read the thread title in Larry David’s voice, OP.

Thank you

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

RDR fuckin owns so much rear end.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

maybe its time you grew up and realised microsoft have once again blown the competition away with a quality product. each product should be judged on its individual merits instead of everyone console warrioring it up

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Backwards Compatibility is so epic, I really hope they port over Burnout/Tony Hawk 3 & the MGS HD Collection. More hopeful now that they just did SSX 3

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Hat Thoughts posted:

Backwards Compatibility is so epic, I really hope they port over Burnout/Tony Hawk 3 & the MGS HD Collection. More hopeful now that they just did SSX 3

You can play revengence in 4K

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Ween posted:

You can play revengence in 4K

We're living in a gamer's paradise

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

elf help book posted:

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Weird. I’ve been calling it the TurdLog360 all these years. But I guess if it DOES have the right ram now...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want to get one to play OG Xbox games but it would be cheaper to just get a 360 probably.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Weird. I’ve been calling it the TurdLog360 all these years. But I guess if it DOES have the right ram now...

I’ve been calling it the Xbox One X, the world’s most powerful console

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

apparently the ps3s architecture was too weird to emulate or keep without cramming a ps3 into the ps4, but it sucks rear end that you need to keep a triple around for demons souls and all that

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Keeping a PS3 around is a good idea because, I don't know if you heard about this, it's been hacked no matter what firmware you're on!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff posted:

apparently the ps3s architecture was too weird to emulate or keep without cramming a ps3 into the ps4, but it sucks rear end that you need to keep a triple around for demons souls and all that

it also has all of the ps2 SMT games on it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it also has all of the ps2 SMT games on it

yeah and a ton of ps1 games were on psn that never came to the ps4 lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kongming posted:

Keeping a PS3 around is a good idea because, I don't know if you heard about this, it's been hacked no matter what firmware you're on!

I been playing one lately meself. The only downside is the HDCP crap so I have to use a hong kong HDMI splitter to capture it with the ole Elgato.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

You can emulate Demon’s Souls on a PC now

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wait I thought bob secretly hated Demon Souls.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Wormskull posted:

I been playing one lately meself. The only downside is the HDCP crap so I have to use a hong kong HDMI splitter to capture it with the ole Elgato.

I do the same thing myself except I actually bought a cheap splitter so I could run it to my PC monitor for fighting games for the lower display lag. Then I got an Elgato and well, it was just a happy coincidence.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Wait I thought bob secretly hated Demon Souls.

No pixel graphics

Not procedurally generated

Not a roguevania

Never been called an Indie Treasure

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

No pixel graphics

Not a roguevania

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao. Cmon.

i love demons souls, it def has problems the later games in the series fixed though

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I feel like the last 3 times I been on voice call with Bob, he's unprovoked said something disparaging about Demon Soul, and then yells "Oh! Ah ah ah ha hahaha! Well!" when someone one taps that rear end from across the map with a deagle.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I feel like the last 3 times I been on voice call with Bob, he's unprovoked said something disparaging about Demon Soul, and then yells "Oh! Ah ah ah ha hahaha! Well!" when someone one taps that rear end from across the map with a deagle.

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

No pixel graphics

Not a roguevania

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

No pixel graphics

Not a roguevania

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
It's kinda frustrating how the backwards compatibility on the XBO is so great but it has no real exclusives, while the PS4 has next to no backwards compatibility but plenty of great exclusives.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's kinda frustrating how the backwards compatibility on the XBO is so great but it has no real exclusives, while the PS4 has next to no backwards compatibility but plenty of great exclusives.

They could've kept adding ps2 games instead of abandoning it entirely for some reason

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

No pixel graphics

Not a roguevania

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I like the exclusives from the original xbox up to Xbox one X, although there aren’t as many. Playing the old stuff flawlessly is amazing and for example: skate 3 and RDR in 4K is seriously mind blowing

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Gamepass is insane too. It’s not that psn now streaming poo poo. It’s Netflix for games and you download the game to your console. Including brand new games that just came out.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
im seeing the skate 3 intro for the first time and lolling. the back compat stuff owns

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Tony Balls, CEO

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

Tony Balls, CEO

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Personally I think it’s good they’re spending all their money so I could play ssx3 in 4k