Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Ween posted:

Ninja Gaiden Black Chapter 7 Alma Fight With No Healing Potion and Half HP going into the fight IS KICKING MY loving rear end!!!

In other news, Morrowind runs better on Xbox one X than on my PC lol

iirc the best way to fight her is using the spinning air attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How is Revenge, I never played it.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

its my favorite, and the crash mode is extremely good for local multi

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

In Training posted:

It’s so loving good. I’ve been dying to play it again.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

OH gently caress YES!!!! The best one!!!!

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Fargield posted:

iirc the best way to fight her is using the spinning air attack

Forward+X in the air? I can knock her to the ground but she kills me in one or two hits and there is no shop to buy items nearby. It’s infuriating lol. I’m too old to be good at these games anymore

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I just finished paradise this weekend so now I really want to get into revenge

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I’m kinda tempted by the X since they are gonna make the Halo collection in 4K HDR for it and that sounds very good.

Just need reach in 4K and I’m sold

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

my morning jackass posted:

I’m kinda tempted by the X since they are gonna make the Halo collection in 4K HDR for it and that sounds very good.

Just need reach in 4K and I’m sold

My Man. The X is the best console in design and features that I have ever owned. I’m so happy with it. Watching Terminator 2 in 4K and being able to play old games upgraded for the system has been amazing.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

And it does it freely too. I put in a OG Xbox disc for morrowind and it downloaded the game and expansions onto the hard drive and it now runs at 60fps instead of the 8 from 2002

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Ween posted:

Forward+X in the air? I can knock her to the ground but she kills me in one or two hits and there is no shop to buy items nearby. It’s infuriating lol. I’m too old to be good at these games anymore

Yeah it's called the Flying Swallow attack I think. Even with that it's probably one of, if not the, most difficult fight in the game. Good luck.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I poo poo’d on the Xbox one backwards compatibility when it was announced with just a handful of games with like Borderlands 1 and Perfect Dark Zero but now like a full 40% of the 360 library is available and they keep adding games almost every week

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Baxate posted:

I poo poo’d on the Xbox one backwards compatibility when it was announced with just a handful of games with like Borderlands 1 and Perfect Dark Zero but now like a full 40% of the 360 library is available and they keep adding games almost every week

Don’t forget the X enhanced games, which look godlike.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Kongming posted:

Yeah it's called the Flying Swallow attack I think. Even with that it's probably one of, if not the, most difficult fight in the game. Good luck.

Thank you Gamer, I need as much luck as possible.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Oh they added Lost Odyssey sometime and I didn’t even notice! I still need to play that

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I guess it really kind of sucks that I’m more excited about regaining the ability to play a game I’ve owned for like a decade than I am for 95-97% of new games being released now.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I guess it really kind of sucks that I’m more excited about regaining the ability to play a game I’ve owned for like a decade than I am for 95-97% of new games being released now.

I'm excited to play a bunch of PS2 RPGs this summer so I know that feel

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

yeah pretty much. otoh that 3-5% is pretty fuckin spectacular

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's nothing really coming out anytime soon that I can think of...im looking forward to Ace Combat 7 and Fighting EX Layer but those are later this year

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Same here brother. Classic Gamimg FTW and the feels you get from it are unmatched. Semper Games. Me you and retarded clown should play RDR or SR2 today

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

There's nothing really coming out anytime soon that I can think of...im looking forward to Ace Combat 7 and Fighting EX Layer but those are later this year

give me sonic mania plus

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

In Training posted:

Next game I truly am excited for is DQ11

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Daytona USA is one Xbox one BC

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Jet Set Radio as well. gently caress yes

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Persona 4 Arena which I never played either

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

yakuza kiwami 2 in august, dq11 in september. gently caress i wish gaming wasnt 90% remakes and rereleases

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

yakuza kiwami 2 in august, dq11 in september. gently caress i wish gaming wasnt 90% remakes and rereleases

These are the two games I'm looking forward to for the rest of the year

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

2018 games I’m looking forward to: Dragons Crown Pro (PS3 remake) Yakuza Kiwami (PS2 remake) and DQ11. I’m tentatively excited for RDR2 depending on how much GTA Online grinding cash shop AIDS it’s infested with, and I’m usually all over CoD but if all this stuff about MW2 Remastered having no MP and BOIIII having no SP are legitimate and final then I’ll have to skip them. The China Total War game could be cool but my computer already struggles with running Warhammer so idk.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

2017 was a tough act to follow. We’ll be lucky to see another year like that

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

forgot about octopath traveller in june. those three and la mulana 2 this year maybe are what's keeping me going

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the end of shovel knight

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Fungah! posted:

forgot about octopath traveller in june. those three and la mulana 2 this year maybe are what's keeping me going

Oh yeah!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
octopath traveller is a game i forget about roughly five seconds after someone mentions it, every time

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

octopath traveller is a game i forget about roughly five seconds after someone mentions it, every time
It has a bad name

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Ween posted:

Yeah once she is down you should use Blade of Nirrti. There were multiple bosses where I had no healing items and I just had to keep trying until I didnt get hit.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Fargield posted:

Yeah once she is down you should use Blade of Nirrti. There were multiple bosses where I had no healing items and I just had to keep trying until I didnt get hit.

Badass. Yeah the only way I can possibly beat her is no be perfect and not miss one jump or roll. This game rules. Gonna attempt again tonight

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Not gonna lie seeing SSX3 there makes me want one but I don't even have a switch yet lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Not gonna lie seeing SSX3 there makes me want one but I don't even have a switch yet lol

Dude no joke SSX 3 is one of my favorite games of all time

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

The load times for older games on the X is almost non existent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Ween posted:

The load times for older games on the X is almost non existent

This kinda sucks in Mercenaries because there’s a bunch of flavor text and lore stuff in the loading screens and it gives me time to read like 3 or 4 words before disappearing.