Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

roach coach posted:

Playing Titanfall 2 for the first time, never played 1, kind of wondering why I was playing Halo Infinite instead of this

it's insanely good but the online, which was even better than the campaign, is dead now rip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roach coach
Feb 24, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

it's insanely good but the online, which was even better than the campaign, is dead now rip.

I totally get it now, this poo poo’s fantastic

a six year old game is the best looking game I’ve seen on Series X :stare:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's one of the greatest crimes in modern gaming that Respawn is stuck working on a loving battle royale.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Dont worry they announced theyre working on like 3 star wars games or some poo poo lmfao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
i want to find a taiko drum that works with xbox

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

ArfJason posted:

Dont worry they announced theyre working on like 3 star wars games or some poo poo lmfao

lol, DICE did such a poo poo loving job on battlefield that theyre not even allowed to touch licensed games anymore

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

It's one of the greatest crimes in modern gaming that Respawn is stuck working on a loving battle royale.

id actually consider playing a battle royale if it was a titanfall battle royale. gimme wallrunning and titans.

or, just give me titanfall 3, id be very happy w/ that too

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fucker posted:

id actually consider playing a battle royale if it was a titanfall battle royale. gimme wallrunning and titans.

or, just give me titanfall 3, id be very happy w/ that too

I played Apex for a while when it was new because it's aaaalmost like Titanfall but it's sadly just not. They should have made you as fast and maneuverable as a Titanfall pilot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Titanfall 2 kicked so much rear end. I should replay that campaign

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The combat simulation with all the moving prefab pieces in the assembly area is one of the greatest levels in an FPS.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

In Training posted:

Titanfall 2 kicked so much rear end. I should replay that campaign

This.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

on pc the game is not completely dead, modders made a custom client with dedicated custom servers and then gave it the most confusing name possible. https://r2northstar.gitbook.io/r2northstar-wiki/
it also lets you add the halo announcer, gotta keep it xbox

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
If anyone wants a quick Elden Ring break, new Gamepass indie treasure "Tunic" is fairly fuckawesome

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The OST is real good too

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah I was hype when I realized it was the same composer as Dustforce

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

If anyone wants a quick Elden Ring break, new Gamepass indie treasure "Tunic" is fairly fuckawesome
I've got it downloaded, but I really can't imagine myself playing another video game perhaps for the rest of my life.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

Yeah I was hype when I realized it was the same composer as Dustforce

oh nice. ill try it out once ive exhausted elden ring lol

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Poonic

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

goferchan posted:

the strategy guide gimmick is super charming

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Tunic is blowing my mind, I haven't done this much pen-and-paper puzzle solving in years and it's awesome

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Augus posted:

the strategy guide gimmick is super charming

There is a later puzzle involving sitting around in water to get one of the pages "wet" to reveal a hidden message a la the secret code in the NES Startropics manual and it's one of the coolest things I've ever seen lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It sounds awesome, I'm looking forward to it. The "obfuscated menus and language" thing really turned me off from the demo but it seems it's intentional and serves a greater purpose that most people seem to like (the instruction manual thing) so hopefully in the context of the full game it won't bother me as much.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Also some guy in the Games thread got mad and wrote a 3 paragraph post about he ragequit and uninstalled the game so now I know it's gonna be good.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

American McGay posted:

It sounds awesome, I'm looking forward to it. The "obfuscated menus and language" thing really turned me off from the demo but it seems it's intentional and serves a greater purpose that most people seem to like (the instruction manual thing) so hopefully in the context of the full game it won't bother me as much.

Yeah even without taking a swing at translating the language (although a couple things have naturally jumped out at me based on context) I feel like it always gives you just enough info you need to make an educated guess. I'm sure there's going to be some endgame secret meta puzzle poo poo at this point that will be way over my head but I'm no genius and so far it's always felt very fair. There have also been a few times where I've managed to correctly deduce something based on loose hints, and then later on found a manual page that explicitly spells it out, and that feels awesome. I also learned that the whole game is an insane one-man 5-year project which is pretty cool

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

goferchan posted:

Yeah even without taking a swing at translating the language (although a couple things have naturally jumped out at me based on context) I feel like it always gives you just enough info you need to make an educated guess. I'm sure there's going to be some endgame secret meta puzzle poo poo at this point that will be way over my head but I'm no genius and so far it's always felt very fair. There have also been a few times where I've managed to correctly deduce something based on loose hints, and then later on found a manual page that explicitly spells it out, and that feels awesome. I also learned that the whole game is an insane one-man 5-year project which is pretty cool
Well, I managed to do the endgame secret meta puzzle poo poo, but I totally missed the one you spoilered in the other post so you are very smart

Really amazing game.

e: oh... of course there's an even bigger post-endgame secret meta puzzle, it's definitely beyond me

Martman fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 19, 2022

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The puzzle with the door in the mountains in Tunic is maybe the coolest I've ever seen in a video game.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i just got charged for another month of gamepass ultimate bc i forgot to cancel so i might as well get my money's worth

what's good on there other than skate 3?

ps, i don't have an xbox and have just been doing cloud gaming lol. it works great 99% of the time for me

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

tmfc posted:

i just got charged for another month of gamepass ultimate bc i forgot to cancel so i might as well get my money's worth

what's good on there other than skate 3?

ps, i don't have an xbox and have just been doing cloud gaming lol. it works great 99% of the time for me

how about you get a loving xbox series x, the greatest console ever made?

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

That Little Demon posted:

how about you get a loving xbox series x, the greatest console ever made?

Good luck finding one lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

BrownieVK posted:

Good luck finding one lol

here you go
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Series-X-Video-Game-Console-Black/443574645

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
drat my bad I thought supply was still poo poo. Maybe I'll buy a second one to replace my series s

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i don't have $500 at the moment but the affirm payment plan is very tempting...

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I think Weird West is coming to Gamepass day 1, made by Prey 2017 people so it's probably worth a look

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgADDXyWJEE

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

thanks Usher. Love, Xbox