Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Namtab posted:

Can wwe survive without Vince though

Almost certainly

Will it ever be as popular again? No, he's definitely ruined that for HHH and Steph. At least he gave us that one good thing, they'll always have a low ceiling of potential once they finally get the company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

Almost certainly

Will it ever be as popular again? No, he's definitely ruined that for HHH and Steph. At least he gave us that one good thing, they'll always have a low ceiling of potential once they finally get the company

I dont know dude. If HHH brings that nxt magic to wwe and we get Takeover quality shows every single month I think people might take notice

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

Are you out of your mind? Of course it can. The idea that it can't is one of the biggest things holding it back right now.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

the escape goat posted:

man. why is WWE like this.

Entrenched brands don't have to worry too much about their quality.
They could throw, oh I don't know, Jinder Mahal to the top of the card and it probably wouldn't affect their bottom line in any meaningful way.
Oh wait? They actually did that? Wow.
But see what I mean?

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 7, 2018

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Someone get in the ear of some higher up at Google or Facebook or Amazon, we need a money mark with a bottomless checkbook as competition to get WWE to care about product quality again

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I've been feverish for a better part of this week and just recently get better so like, did I hallucinate the charlotte finish? Because in my brain it was: charlotte does not have her opponent down or whatever, gets up on the turn buckle and carmella tries to interfere, jumps off for what appears to be no logical reason, tweaks her knee landing nowhere near her opponent who was clearly on her feet interfering, gets kicked in the leg falls over and then eats a weird looking pin?

The rest of the room I was in basically stopped watching since the match was poo poo but man I feel like I'm still delirious.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Namtab posted:

when it gets sold to disney I'm sure they'll be fine as a brand

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

when it gets sold to disney I'm sure they'll be fine as a brand

Yeah, like this is the “joke” option, but Disney understands the idea of “ stories must ultimately culminate in a way that satisfies the audience.” Vince used to get this concept back when WCW was breathing down his neck, but things changed.

Disney run WWE would absolutely run better programs than the McMahons.

Really WWE would be a great target for a hostile takeover by a company the size of Disney. 3 billion is a loving rounding error to them, and it would be a license to print money.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage
Disney wwe would be extremely mediocre and I don't get how a fan of wrestling could ever want that.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

The_Rob posted:

Disney wwe would be extremely mediocre and I don't get how a fan of wrestling could ever want that.
Yeah, I mean who even watched Black Panther?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

The_Rob posted:

Consider what we currently have and tell me it would be worse under the Mouse. Nak would at least get the title after a heel turn because that is how storytelling works - you then have a third act where the face chases it after the darkest moment of the soul.

Vince run WWE is like “lol gently caress him and his Rumble win, he no speaka English!”

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

RealFoxy posted:

Black panther was mostly ok with a terrible climax and a waste of an amazing director.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Come on man you don’t say Black Panther around white people on the internet.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Aphrodite posted:

Come on man you don’t say Black Panther around white people on the internet.

You're just jumping to a racism thing or what? What's your point here

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

bloodysabbath posted:

Yeah, like this is the “joke” option, but Disney understands the idea of “ stories must ultimately culminate in a way that satisfies the audience.” Vince used to get this concept back when WCW was breathing down his neck, but things changed.

Disney run WWE would absolutely run better programs than the McMahons.

Really WWE would be a great target for a hostile takeover by a company the size of Disney. 3 billion is a loving rounding error to them, and it would be a license to print money.

Hostile takeovers are only possible if voting shares are on the market, and iirc WWE only offers non-voting shares to the public.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The_Rob posted:

You're just jumping to a racism thing or what? What's your point here

Nobody’s talking about you.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The_Rob posted:

i'm not saying i want it, i'm being a truther and think triple h and steph don't give a poo poo because they'll make a zillion dollars when vince dies and they just loving sell the drat thing

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Aphrodite posted:

Nobody’s talking about you.

What are you talking about?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

He's just taking it out on everyone that Alexa got hurt, it's ok

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Chris James 2 posted:

He's just taking it out on everyone that Alexa got hurt, it's ok

Can we talk about how I was hurt by how terrible Nias promo was?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

how was the show?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

how was the show?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The_Rob posted:

It’s the land war in Asia of topics on this site.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I like how Solomonster's review of the show is titled "WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?!"

Edit: Actually tried to post this in the Podcast thread!

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 07:56 on May 7, 2018

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

STONE COLD 64 posted:

how was the show?

Backlash 2017 is on the network right now and its Ziggler vs Nakamura. Probably a better use of your time.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
To give a hint of how Backlash was. Miz was in the match of the night and Bayley was in the best woman's match of the night on the preshow.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

RealFoxy posted:

Yeah I love the movie where the hero gets his cool tech but because he's a black guy it has to be sneakers and a chain, with a funny joke scene where he reaches for the gold chain instinctively and has to stop himself.

Great, definitely not racist movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Also his powers are that if you whip him it makes him stronger because he can turn that energy around. Amazing.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread