Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
hello everyone it's time for Backlash, the pay per view that was good in 2000. we have a lot of matches scheduled for tonight, and i hope you all have a good time watching the matches scheduled for tonight, there are a lot of them, and i hope you have a good time watching

AJ Styles (champion) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Nakamura keeps hitting AJ in the balls! is he going to do it again? probably? AJ is a good wrestler, and people tell me Nakamura is a good wrestler, but he's not. he's a fraud charlatan. we've seen this match multiple times in the past weeks, but now that Nakamura is a heel, we can like him. i think a belt is involved, because AJ is the champ? will Nakamura win a belt for his home country of the Orient and then eat an American patriot's balls?

Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe

Roman Reigns keeps losing his matches and then Samoa Joe mocks him. Samoa Joe is a real jerk and tonight Roman Reigns will defeat him and send the crowd home happy. Both of these competitors are named Joe, have dark skin, and are pretending to be Samoan, when in fact they are both Italian. This match is just like Star Trek: Nemesis, where Captain Picard is cloned and the clone is raised in a nightmare zone on Romulus and becomes evil. The clone of Captain Picard was played by Tom Hardy in his third feature role. This film is notable because Data dies at the end.

Carmella (champion) vs. Charlotte Flair

Carmella is one of the worst wrestlers of all time and she won Money in the Bank and subsequently cashed it in on Charlotte a little while ago. Charlotte is good and she looks like she hurts people. it hurts to look at her as well. will Charlotte hurt Carmella, or will Carmella hurt Charlotte? Carmella is so bad at wrestling, guys. she stinks. this match might be funny to watch, but will it be good? eehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...???

Daniel Bryan vs. Big Cass

Daniel Bryan is the best wrestler on Earth. Big Cass is the best wrestler on the diarrhea planet. It's a battle beyond the stars as these two intergalactic gladiators face off in a match for the ages. Big Cass is offended by Daniel Bryan's mere existence, and Daniel Bryan is just absolutely desperate to wrestle, he'll wrestle anybody. he's more than happy to wrestle Big Cass. Daniel Bryan is like me at the lowest point in my dating life. Daniel Bryan doesn't care though, we all look the same when the lights are off...

Bobby Lashley and Braun Strowman vs. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn

i couldn't find a funny picture for this one. let's just skip this. this isn't my best work. this match has no stakes or consequences, and it has Bobby Lashley in it. instead of getting hyped for this match, use this time to reflect on your life. why is this match happening. Kevin and Sami don't do anything anymore. did you see the general chat thread? that's a good idea. i'm glad Jerusalem didn't gas it because oatgan and hulkamatt would have gassed it. this is a good forum and i like you all. even you.

Seth Rollins (champion) vs. The Miz

at some point Seth Rollins won the intercontinental championship title belt from The Miz but i don't remember it happening. The Miz just had a baby so he's on like, pseudo paternity leave, so he's not going to win. Seth Rollins has been spending the past 5 years trying to rehabilitate his character. do people like him now? i don't. did you know he dated a Nazi? did you know he has a mediocre penis? did you notice i talk about Seth's penis a lot? check my posting history. The Miz is not a good wrestler, but the IC title is his prop and Seth is like, just a guy. he wrestles and he's fine, he's there if you want to watch him, i guess. Finn Balor was involved in this story but he's not in this match.

Nia Jax (champion) vs. Alexa Bliss

Nia and Alexa used to be friends. then Alexa said Nia was fat. now Nia hates Alexa, even though Alexa was just being honest. neither of these women are particularly good in the ring and i don't think they have any chemistry together. personally i'm a fan of Alexa Bliss. so do me a favor, and cheer for Alexa Bliss, both in this thread I have made for you, and in real life. i hope Nia Jax wears an outfit that isn't a garbage bag. i hope the match isn't a garbage bag.

Jeff Hardy (champion) vs. Randy Orton

i didn't know Jeff Hardy had a belt. i can't keep track of all these things. the combined age of these men is 274, despite Jeff being 40 years old and Randy being 38. people still like Orton, can you believe that? the crowd still pops for that dude. he hasn't done anything interesting in like 10 years. Jeff Hardy is great, I love that he exists. this will be the best match of the night, which is saying something.

Bayley vs. Ruby Riott

i don't feel so good. my stomach hurts. Bayley and Ruby Riott are wrestlers. they know how to wrestle. if you are watching this match make sure to reinforce the glass on your television or computer monitor. nah i'm just kidding. but really though. no i'm just joking. but, really. nah. seriously. no i'm messing with you. all kidding aside, though. this match will probably be ok to watch, and Bayley will probably lose so we can all enjoy that, at the very least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I don't recognize any of those wrestlers.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St5efUqIXlw&feature=youtu.be

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

This is a really good op for this ppv

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

This is a really good op for this ppv

Yeah, I enjoyed that more than I expect to enjoy the PPV.

I'm not sure I even care enough to put it on in the background while I play video games or watch other TV shows.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Excited for a 4 hour In Your House.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Since the PPV is supposed to be dumb long I should be able to watch both Westworld and Styles/Nakamura right

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
for what its worth about carmella/charlotte tonight, if its any indication, their last house show match together a week or two ago was considered absolutely loving terrible. please look forward to it.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I rarely skip PPVs, but meh to this one.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

DarkstarIV posted:

for what its worth about carmella/charlotte tonight, if its any indication, their last house show match together a week or two ago was considered absolutely loving terrible. please look forward to it.

hell yeah im glad they put the case on an awful wrestler and had her succeed in cashing it in to make sure the new case didn't look like a total joke because vince wanted to see the chinless worm man win the match

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

shiksa posted:

hell yeah im glad they put the case on an awful wrestler and had her succeed in cashing it in to make sure the new case didn't look like a total joke because vince wanted to see the chinless worm man win the match

I think the real funny part about this entire thing is that Carmella sent out a tweet breaking kayfabe claiming she has MASSIVELY improved since her last PPV singles match in 2016. As a result people are going to hold her to a higher standard.

Last month we had one of the best WWE women's matches of all time with Asuka vs Charlotte and now we quite possibly have one of the worst (at least in 2018) in Charlotte vs Carmella.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
carmella tries her best and she's still so bad and i think i'm in love with her

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Charly is very attractive

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
so we're here again

I hope nakamura punches aj in the dick

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Daniel Bryan is either going to a) get concussed by or b) lose to Big Cass. Possibly both.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Baron Corbin posted:

carmella tries her best and she's still so bad and i think i'm in love with her

She's sloppily superkicked your heart.

Also I totally forgot about this thing until youtube reminded me it was a thing.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Joe isn’t gonna win so who cares

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

WWE seems to have been guarding their finishes a lot better lately so I have a hard time believing any of the odds right now. We'll see I guess. I'm just glad Roman is fighting a guy with a more diverse moveset again, those matches always seem to be pretty good.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

That's a great OP. Like everyone else I'm super looking forward to Bobby Lashley and Braun Strowman vs. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
what the gently caress has roman reigns done

name a thing

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

name a thing

ooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I will probably do combat arenas in God of War while this PPV is off to the side somewhere

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
i call roman reigns...roomba reigns because like a roomba, he sucks.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

name a thing

big dogged all over ya

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

name a thing

Ate at least 4 more F5's in a single match than you have.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
i hope big rear end disappears again after this match.

as in just vanishes. completely. he's not good on the mic and god awful in the ring.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
ah christ this is taking place in newark huh

sounds about right

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The fact that a) this card has no surprises on it whatsoever and b) it would be the absolute worst time to do it makes me feel like they're gonna put Nak over just to gently caress with people and make everything bad

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

"Your dreams will fight for you" is a dumb line

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

CarlCX posted:

The fact that a) this card has no surprises on it whatsoever and b) it would be the absolute worst time to do it makes me feel like they're gonna put Nak over just to gently caress with people and make everything bad

Nakamura needs to go over.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I like Bryan Danielson. He a good dude.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Remember the time they put Enzo in a shark cage and he stripped and oiled himself up and then became a rapist?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

a new study bible! posted:

"Your dreams will fight for you" is a dumb line

Daniel Bryan is a JRPG protagonist.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

CarlCX posted:

what the absolute hell are you talking about

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

a new study bible! posted:

Nakamura needs to go over.

Nakamura got the upper hand on the Go Home Smackdown so WWE Booking 101 tells me AJ wins.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

BIG CASS RULES

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I'm amazed there's anyone who doesn't think nak should win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Saint Freak posted:

Remember the time they put Enzo in a shark cage and he stripped and oiled himself up and then became a rapist?

An ALLEGED rapist!

We are a nation of laws dammit :mad:

I hope he never comes back, btw.

• Locked thread