Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Looks awesome. Interest check before I sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ayo deadass good roll! Character goes here later when I finish reading Unearthed Arcana

Chargen roll: 7#4d6k3 15 17 9 14 12 11 15

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Everything seemed to go well on young Johann's life. A former cabin boy taken from the streets of Khazadan by the Guild, he quickly learned his ways into the sea and soon became helmsman of the Seahawk, one of the largest and fastest new flutes in the whole merchant fleet of the guild and he made a promise to his fiance that he would marry her after the maiden voyage of the Seahawk brought him home. Yet he didn't knew how this would end. Unknowingly to Johann, the leaders of his lodge decided to dabble in the illegal slave trade, sending chained Highfolk brought from Vendalic lands to work on Dominion-owned mines. It was only when he saw the enslaved men and women being brought into the ship at Thule that he learned about the nefarious plan that his captain devised. He threatened to bring this matter to the higher ups of the Guild and other authorities if the Highfolk weren't released immediately, to which the captain and crew responded by wrapping him in chains and chucking him from the ship to drown at the sea.

As he drowned in the blue void, Johann's thoughts turned towards how the crew he considered as part of his family, the captain he respected as a mentor and the lodge which he pledged his loyalty to betrayed him and threw him aside like a fly. Such thoughts turned into a deep dark hatred and resentment, which called upon... Something. A dark force that reanimated his drowned corpse every time it passed out as he walked deep into the seafloor, the iron chains still around his body. It took several months for him to reach the coast of a Dominion owned island, where he found a former crewmember of the Seahawk alongside other members of another slaver ship moored at the local harbor. When the Dominion soldiers eventually managed to put him in chains and board him into the Ceaseless, he was the closest thing to a living creature at the harbor...

quote:

Name: Johann
Race: Human Revenant
Height: 6'2 (Medium)
Class: Hexblade Warlock 2
Alignment: CN
Background: Sailor
Culture: Margray
Languages: Common, Grunnish, Margray.

Hit Points: 19
Hit Dice: 1d8
Initiative: 2
AC: 13
Speed: 30 feet
Passive Perception: 12
Spell Save DC: 14
Spell Attack Modifier: 6
Proficiency Bonus: +2

Strength: 11
Dexterity: 15
Constituion: 16
Intelligence:12
Wisdom: 14
Charisma: 18

Features:
Relentless Nature
Hex Warrior
Hexblade's Curse
Pact Magic

Feats:
War Caster

Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, True Strike
Spells Known: Wrathful Strike, Comprehend Languages, Armor of Agathys.
Slot Level: 1
Spell Slots: 2
Invocations Known: Burning Hex, Devil's Sight

Armor Proficiency: Light, Medium, Shields
Weapon Proficiency: Martial, Simple
Tools: Navigator Tools, Vehicles (water)
Equipment: Crossbow (20 Bolts), Arcane Focus, Leather Armor, Two Daggers, Dungeoneer's Pack. Mace, Belaying Pin, 50 feet of silk rope, lucky charm, common clothes, 10 gp.

Skills:

Acrobatics (dex) +2
Animal handling (Wis) +2
Arcana (int) +1
Athletics (str) +2
Deception (cha) +6
History (int) +1
Insight (Wis) +2
Intimidation (cha) +6
Investigation (int) +1
Medicine (Wis) +2
Nature (int) +1
Perception (Wis) +4
Performance (cha) +4
Persuasion (cha) +4
Religion (int) +1
Sleight of hand (dex) +2
Stealth (dex) +2
Survival (Wis) +2

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 13, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

quote:

You were inducted at the age of sixteen by the Ordinaries and given the secret name of Marrlandr Hrist, and inducted officially as part of the Lodge of Seahawk. In addition to the Grunnish of the people you were taken from, you know the secret language of the dwarves, Margray. It is unusual for the dwarves to induct someone so young. What about you made you special to the grandmaster of the lodge?

Being the most focused one at work, I guess. Working from day to night, without complaining, without stopping, never staying still around the ship. Whatever small fixes or other miscellaneous job that was needed at the ships were needed, I was always the first one to volunteer, and the first one to work on them. And that brought its own reward...

quote:

Why did your death sting for them, even as they betrayed you?

Sting? They chose gold before ties of friendship and morality. All were complicit in some way when I raised my objections, even if some didn't agree with me being thrown out of the ship. No, all of them will be dealt with... In time.

quote:

What is the name of the man who sealed your fate with quill and wax, not the secret one shared in the rite (Marrlandr Azadun) but the one the world knows them by, and you will make sure is cursed aloud?

The current Grandmaster of the Seahawk Lodge, Andrezj Casimir, an ambitious stoutfolk who I once admired, but who a man that I... 'Interrogated' told me was the one who decided upon the lodge's shift from the shipping of exotic foodstuffs and jewelry to slave trade. With this massive increase of revenue, that dwarf now is a serious contender to join the board of the COG as a major partner, and it's the one who I must stop.

quote:

Could you elaborate a bit on the choice of alignment, what do you feel makes him such a wild, unpredictable spirit, in his quest for vengeance?

Being betrayed both morally and physically by those he once held allegiance can make one... Somewhat bitter against authority. I... I won't ever harm anyone who doesn't deserve it, but this sheer hatred within my body... The one that makes my body move even after I stopped breathing... It's too hard to control it.

quote:

And what is the form of weapon that you feel best embodies the kind of vengeance you want to wreak upon the Lodge of Seahawk?

Once I found some of my former crewmen at the unnamed harbor, I made sure to use the only thing I had in hands, the ball and chain that dragged my hands to the bottom of the ocean. One could say that would be similar to a Morningstar in practice...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

• Elaborate on the exact role your character played in the mutiny of the DNS Ceaseless.
  • Please describe a Bond with two other characters, one that is an affinity and one that is a rivalry. You can only pick someone that hasn't already been picked for either. It need not be two-sided, and you can and should welcome their input as well. This is something developed in the short time on the prison ship, or something that is just natural of their personality, it needed be immediately established. Like other Bonds, keying off it will provide Inspiration.
  • Name three rumors about your character: One positive, one negative, and one ambiguous. Choose a character you didn't pick as a friend or rival to have heard this rumor before of you. Then tell me in PM or on Discord which of the three is a lie, the other two must be true.
  • Describe a single (preferably maritime) superstition specific to your Culture.
  • You should also have the Margrey language.
  • I need you to detail in exact wording your character's Purpose per being a Revenant: mark it as in addition to your Ideal, and like other Traits, it can give you Inspiration, but it also marks when you can die again.
  • Can you let me know what Pact Boon you intend to take for my story planning?
  • Suggested Role: Pilot. A ship's pilot is its helmsman, standing at the wheel through long shifts and bearing the storm and arrows, and sometimes acting as navigator. Often this role is also controlled in part by the captain, and can be very demanding.

* Due to his EXTREME unwillingness to obey orders from the Mindflayer crew and astounding regenerating capabilities, Johann was kept at lock and chain at the ship's brig, his mouth and his hands tied in order to prevent him hexing any of the Dominion sailors. While he wasn't involved with the start of the mutiny, he was the first to be freed once it took place, and immediately set out to fight against the tentacled captain.

* Mazhar was Johann's companion as they left the brig, and while they barely said words to each other at all before the mutiny, the two of them worked perfectly in concert as they fought they way against the Ceaseless' guards.
Dermid might not remember it, but his ship once collected tribute from Johann's former flute before he helmed the Seahawk, which left a lingering resentment from the revenant against the corsair.

*From Quill's memories: This human is quite familiar, isn't he? When Quill worked at the Imam's behest back home, he remembered seeing a human who had similar complexion bringing him a stack of books that the library bought from Be'el Maar. Yet that young, earnest and polite teenager doesn't have much to do with this smoldering fellow.
From a Guilder's Bounty Poster issued by the Seahawk Lodge that Ranka once saw: It's said that he was thrown out of his ship for entering a maddened rant about the dark gods of the Ennead before leaping to this death as if possessed.
From a drunken tavern patron that Rust once heard from: "I tell you, this was the most ludicrous thing I saw in my life. So our crew was taking a rest at this place on the Starfall, a little island that we used to resupply and sell our booty when suddenly a man emerged from the sea, dressed in these drenched rags and with his hands chained to a large iron ball and he asks us what the direction to Khazadan is. While most of us took to swords and a bunch started praying to the Nine Saints, the first mate stammered 'it's this way' and pointed far to the distance, and the ragged man just ignored us and went to that direction, entering the sea again!"

* There's a certain custom around the Guilders to throw a single golden coin whenever they start a voyage by sea as a 'bribe' to the deities and spirits that rule the depths in order for them to travel safely.

* Johann's Purpose is to "Get revenge on everyone who was at the Seahawk at the time he was killed and against Grandmaster Casimir"

* Blade of course.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 12, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Johann will take his share of the Gold and the Potion, a Backpack and the Breastplate. He will also take care of the gravedigging and stand at the mid line when going with the others. Regarding watch duties, second watch will probably do although the lack of nightvision might hamper. Good thing that flint might help with torchmaking purposes.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Did some level up edits. Grabbed Burning Hex and Devil's Sight as invocations and learned Comprehend Languages

• Locked thread