Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Najiha Warlock

Najiha was born on a sailing vessel, she can count on her hands the number of days in her life she has spent on dry land.
Always seeking a new port, eager to explore that which was thought lost.
She has studied amongst the loremasters, and fought with the crews, content as a member of whatever crew she had most recently signed on with, learning what she could so that one day she could captain her own vessel.
She had been serving as deckmaster of The Smiling Asp, a fast privateer vessel operating near Westenfal, when the ever cursed Dominion ships trapped them, and burned the boat to the waterline. Najiha watched the mind-flayer consume her captain, and her crewmates, unable to change anything.
For weeks as her time to be consumed got closer, she prayed to Old Gods and New to save her, but every sunset another crewmate would die, her prayers unanswered.
Finally when it appeared no other option remained, she spoke the ancient request for a bargain. Silence courted her to sleep, but unlike every other night, her dreams awakened her
to a world of never-ending Summer, greenery and calm seas abounded, and in front of her on her throne of living gulls, Alsayfa Queen of Summer.
"You seek my service?"

Najiha nodded quickly, she would have made a deal with any being to hear her pledge, but service with the Queen of Summer would at least not blacken her soul.

"Go then, and when a chance for mutiny arrives, do not hesitate. We will speak in dreams again."

In the morning, Najiha had felt the differences the pact had brought upon her. She would not die at the hand of this mind-flayer.

Name: Najiha
Race: Half-Elf
Height: 5'3"
Class:Warlock 1
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Sailor
Culture: Ornassi
Languages: Common, Elvish, Goblin, Ornassi

Attributes:
STR: 12 (+1/+3)
CON: 16 (+3/+3)
DEX: 16 (+3/+3)
INT: 14 (+2/+2)
WIS: 14 (+2/+4)
CHA: 18 (+4/+6)

Hitpoints: 11
Speed: 30
AC:14
Pass Per: 14

Skills:

Acrobatics +3
Animal Handling +2
Arcana +4
Athletics +3
Deception +6
History +2
Insight +2
Intimidation +4
Investigation +4
Medicine +2
Nature +2
Perception +4
Performance +4
Persuasion +4
Religion +2
Sleight of Hand +3
Stealth +5
Survival +2

Features:
- Fey Presence
- WarCaster

Proficiencies:
Armor: Light Armor
Weapons: Simple
Tools: Navigator's Tools, Vehicles (water)

Equipment:
- 2 Daggers
- Belaying Pin
- 2 Handaxes
- Scholar's Pack
- 50 feet silk rope
- small smooth red stone, on a leather string
- common clothes
- Navigator's Tools
- arcane focus
- 10gp

Personality Traits

My friends know they can rely on me, no matter what.
I enjoy sailing into new ports and making new friends over a flagon of ale.

Ideal
Freedom. The sea is freedom—the freedom to go anywhere and do anything. (Chaotic)

Bond

The ship is most important—crewmates and captains come and go.

Flaw

I can’t help but pocket loose coins and other trinkets I come across.

Cantrips
- Eldritch Blast
- Minor Illusion

1st level Spells
- Hex
- Fairie Fire

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

What did the blessing of the Summer Queen grant you that was so crucial in the mutiny?

When I woke from the dream, I wasn't sure if it was just a dream, or if it was true, but as I roused in my pile of straw my hand grasped a small rowan wand about the size of my forearm, intricately carved with images that were familiar from the night before. I was able to hide the item in the straw, but having touched it, certain phrases I had learned from the lore master of the ship connected in my mind, and I knew I could cast glamours when I held the wand in my hand.

The hold was already primed for a mutiny, plans I had scarcely paid attention to previously. But since I had no magical abilities when captured, they had not put me in one of the warded cells. There was nothing to stop me from using these gifts.

I was able to use a glamour to convince the night guard that my cell was empty. When they entered the cell, I slipped out, and closed the door behind him. I then frightened him into turning
over his keys and weapon. Once I opened enough doors, we were able to form enough of a crowd that a rush out of the brig was successful.

You say that swearing your soul to the Archfey would not blacken your soul, and perhaps she was no fiend or eldritch being, but the fey are beings that demand much of the world. What do you fear might be the price of her aid in this time of great need?
Everyone has heard the stories of the Archfey having babies stolen. Funny we don't know why she has babies taken, but I really don't want to be known as the baby-snatcher.
Just hoping I can be valuable to her in ways that do not include baby-snatching.

You have mentioned to me your interest in the Pact of the Chain: What sort of story are you interested in exploring through the familiar as a gift from your patron?
Well besides liking the idea of having a pseudodragon as a familiar, I kind of like the idea of being able to have direct communication between my character and the patron that is observable by other party members.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Definitely will be following along, and would play as a backup, and would want to either play Najiha or a new character depending on the party composition.

• Locked thread