Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tharivol Galanodel

Tharivol was so tired. He'd never expected the journey to take this long, but there was no way he was going to give up. For six months he'd been dreaming of that strange, stone library hidden away in the Underdark and no matter what he was going to find it. He had even gone so far as to find a merchant that sold him a map that allegedly led to the library. Still, all those years spent scribing missives and books for the archmages at the academy certainly hadn't prepared him for the hours he had spent walking, climbing, and once even crawling through caves and tunnels deep under the surface.

"I'm beginning to suspect this map is a fake. And how long have I been wandering around down here, anyway?" Tharivol wondered as he passed a stalagmite formation he was pretty sure he'd seen a few hours before. There was almost no way to tell time in the Underdark, and he was starting to believe he had gone and gotten himself lost when he heard the voices. They were harsh and low, but thanks to his years of study he was able to discern that they were speaking Goblin. "Goblins are small and treacherous, but they have been known to work for gold. I'll offer them a few pieces if they'll give me any direction towards the library. I've got my rapier, they'll know I'm not interested in any funny business." Tharivol placed his hand upon the hilt of his rapier and stepped toward the direction of the voices.

A short time later, with very little recollection of what transpired due to a throbbing head injury, Tharivol woke up and discovered he was bound, gagged, and lying in the middle of a group of hobgoblins and drow. From what he could tell he was being sold, along with his belongings, to the drow. Money changed hands and the lead hobgoblin smirked as he looked down upon Tharivol and grunted, "Keep him gagged unless you like listening to someone drone on about books." Tharivol was then lifted up by a couple of the elves and carried off further into the depths of the Underdark.

"Well," Tharivol thought, "There's always a chance they're headed towards the library."

Mr. Humalong fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread