Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Can you still do a slam like with powerhouse characters in the first game? I upgraded a character's fighting skill to "Endurance" and it says to do a slam with LB+X and my character flips zombies over his back like what happens in the first game if you don't follow up with a "Y" button press. I tried following up with "Y" and other buttons but my character still just flips zombies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I miss being able to take out an entire horde in a Twinkie fueled rampage.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

So I completed a "Builder" legacy and wow, the "boon" you get from it seems amazing. free power and water for your bases without the required facilities and the noise they create. Anyone know what the others are? Wondering which one I should shoot for next.

Archonex posted:

So is this a story mode? I thought it was supposed to be a breakdown style mode where you could play forever and the map resets on fulfilling some sort of win condition. Some of what people are saying seems to imply it's the former.

Each leader type has a "story" you can go through and completing it ends your community and you can start a new community in a random town with 3 of the survivors from your previous one.

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 11:52 on May 20, 2018

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

God drat, I just want a fuckin' Sheriff. Out of my 7 current survivors 5 of them are Warlords!

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 22, 2018

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Taking out plague hearts is so easy if you set off a firecracker or boombox outside first.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Robzilla posted:

Anyone else stuck on the Primary Goal 'Clear Your Town of Plague Hearts' but can't find any and the radio command 'Locate Plague Hearts' is not working.

Is your leader a warlord? I had the same issue and taking out the final plague heart finally came up as part of a leader mission.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Croccers posted:

Are the bonus things from the Ult edition worth it?

Being able to spend a little influence to summon a vehicle in a pinch is pretty useful. Unless this happens:

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

moist turtleneck posted:

Biggest wish for next patch: make it so you can move NPCs the gently caress out of the way

If fuckin Lindsey decides to stand in a doorway or staircase and makes me go the long way again she's getting exiled

You can dodge through people.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Ms Adequate posted:

I will say that as easy as hostiles are to deal with at range, if you let them get into melee they can give you a real bad time

I mostly found it annoying to fight humans at close range because they constantly roll around as if it was Dark Souls PvP.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Funkmaster General posted:

Nope. Feel free to recruit 8 lovely dudes and then immediately exile 5 of them upon moving in.

Oh come on, at least use them as labor for building up your facilities first before showing them the door.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I think the deal with molotovs/fuel bombs is the damage doesn't stack if you throw multiple at the same time. You have to wait for the previous one to go out before throwing another one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

So according to the NPD charts State of Decay 2 was the #1 selling game in May. Didn't see that coming.