Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Danith posted:

hmm.. I wonder if it would unlock early on PC if I VPN somewhere...

nope, windows store doesn't seem to want to work with VPN. Oh well, I'll be patient.
It doesn't look like you need a VPN: I'm in Europe and the game is just working normally on my PC.
Though I had to launch it via the XBox app or it would crash when trying to log in at the start.

Also I can't figure out how to change the game language to english.

Edit/initial report:
Mouse&keyboard controls work pretty great, graphics aren't super amazing but they look good, framerate so far is buttery-smooth, character animations are fluid, cars drive a hell of a lot better than in 1, the UI is really clean.

Combat-wise I think the dropkick was removed (if it's in I haven't figured out the key combination) and the counter-attack too. However a new Grab attack was added that works pretty well: it requires the zombie being either on the ground or facing away, but with the more fluid animations it's pretty easy to stun a zombie with a kick, dodge past them and then grab them from behind for an execution or a throw into another enemy.
I've only maxed and unlocked the specializations for Wits (you get two and have to pick one (that then levels up further)), so I don't know if you can unlock more special moves like in the first game yet.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 01:56 on May 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Maxing out the cardio skill and picking a specialization unlocks the drop kick from SoD1. Also buffs the throw off the new grapple move.
Thanks: good to know special moves (and the dropkick) are still in locked behind the specializations.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Antilles posted:

Man, this is annoying the hell outta me. I bought the ultimate edition because I loved the first one, jank and all, but now the bloody thing won't start. I get a window with the SoD logo, it sits there for a bit and then it just closes. All my stuff's up to date, I've tried reinstalling the game, nothing works. I'm starting to see why the Windows Store is so disliked...
Have you tried launching it via the XBox game center thing app on your PC?
I had the same issue when I first tried and that was enough to make the game run properly.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Lube Enthusiast posted:

When you do the last legacy mission, is every character in the community saved for later use, or just a few/the leader?
When I completed my first playthrough and started my second, I could choose any of the characters from my previous community.
I ended up picking only one and rolling the other two, but I believe I could have chosen to have all three starting survivors be characters from my previous game if I wanted to.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Red Mundus posted:

How do you kill blood hearts? I threw 5 molotovs in a row and pumped around 10 shotgun shells into it and it wasn't enough.
In addition to all the other suggestions, bring with you some fireworks or better yet some radios: in my experience the plague zombies attracted by the plague heart will usually end up distracted by those, giving you plenty of time to deal with the thing.
Or better yet plant the distraction next to the plague heart so that most of the zombies will run past you and crowd around it for you to grenade them all at once. :black101:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Of note is that once you achieve the story objectives for one run, you can start a new run and bring up to three survivors from your previous community.
So if you get one (or more) survivors you really like, you can bring them along on a ~magical journey~ through multiple zed-infested maps over the course of multiple runs.
If they don't get mauled, of course. :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Coolguye posted:

i don't need a reason beyond "he just kicked that jugg in the ballsack"
And when the jugg retaliated he managed to stumble out of the way of the massive blow, somehow :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhj5phhsqC0

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Dreadwroth2 posted:

Where the hell is that beautiful beast?
If you are lucky, you can find it around.
If not, you can get one by upgrading a Maximillian (the 2-doors muscle car) with a medium upgrade kit that you can make at an Auto Shop in your base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

ZeusCannon posted:

Is the sniper assistance still great for juggs?
Yes, and especially against blood juggernauts: if the only target near you is the juggernaut, sniper cover can take it down to where you can execute it in 5-6 shots, and every shot that hits will stagger it to boot.