Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
How did a traditional sport of Native Americans become dominated by the upper classes? Also is lacrosse more new money people or old money people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

DJExile posted:

Hopkins OT goal scored by all-name team member Shack Stanwick.

That's Shackleford Stanwick to you.

Shrapnig posted:

Friendly reminder that the names of his siblings are as follows:

Covie
Wells
Sheehan
Tad
Wick
Coco
Steele

I thought you had missed out Shackleford, then I realized Shack was short for Shackleford. Easy mistake to make I suppose.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Shrapnig posted:

I'm not sure I have the energy to make this post as someone who has been involved with high level lacrosse their entire life while not actually playing at a high level.

My dad played college in the 70s, and afterward he played club lacrosse with some of the best players of all time who I'm lucky to be able to call by name. There aren't a lot of sports where you can shout to a world player of the year from across the bar and he'll greet you by name but that has been my relationship with lacrosse in my life.

My uncle is one of the most respected high school coaches of all time, he was a college coach for a period and won two national championships as an assistant.

My family isn't from an affluent area, far from it but they came from an area that tried to establish lacrosse as a serious sport in the 60s and that's where we are.

You have to remember that lacrosse has been a collegiate sport for 100 years, of course it's a traditionally Native American sport and no one involved in lacrosse forgets that, I can guarantee you that. I'm cheering for Albany to win the National Championship this year, and most years because the Rez kids are some of the most purely talented and exciting to watch players I've ever seen.

Ok thanks for that thought out answer.

My next question, was Dallas Creamer named after the way he was conceived?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Shrapnig posted:

Why do you care about a gormless ginger D3 player with 2 points this season?

You're right, I should really be asking about Wheaton Jackoboice.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Dick "Big Man" Edell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Bubba Fairman got his name because he was 13 pounds when he was born - ESPN commentator.

• Locked thread