Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Thanks for the effort OP, I was hoping someone would do one soon.

At least on my netflix, the S4 remix has replaced the original S4, which is too bad, because S4 is really cool, and more people need to do a rewatch. It's a huge flawed experiment of necessity in a lot of ways and the greenscreening is terrible, but it's really unique and remarkable in a lot of ways.

But maybe the remix will become the one accepted and rewatched by the public. I'm three or four eps in and it's good. The biggest mistake of S4.0 was letting certain episodes go overlong and this seems to fix that. Ron Howard did a lot more new narration than I expected, and there have definitely been some gags and musical cues added.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

There's a funny little bit of narration during the Lucille/Lucille 2 seafood trial about Lucille being "obviously green at screening witnesses"

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

"This is Michael Bluth. He's a good man."

While that may not be or have never been true what cannot be denied is that Jason Bateman has always had a great head of hair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJS5hqXg5N4

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Oh poo poo I accidentally skipped the credits, what was the name of the uh, actor who played Lindsey’s shaman? Chir Tso or something like that right

...maeby

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Has any superfan made an attempt to put years to the different parts of S4? Technically it spans from 06 (Queen Mary) to 13 (Lucille 2 murder), so even just like a this many years before or after those events would help. Or even just when the Opie/Love/Schnoodle gala happens, since it appears to be about midway into the season in both versions

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Calaveron posted:

These guys are pros so I don't doubt they had a big corkboard with miles of yarn trying to figure it out and realized there was no way for them to recut the season successfully without revealing fakeblock earlier

I recall a pre s4 interview with Cera where he said the writers room was literally this

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Just spotted Scott Clam of Check it Out fame as one of the Sudden Valley residents.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

S4.0 had the musical playing over the credits because "they worked so hard on it" and you could tell in that bit that it was Michael. I don't think they used that gag in 4.1 unless netflix autoskipped it on me

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Nichael posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THCVReSmm90
Portia's only in five episodes apparently, which sucks.

So Lindsay is 100% going to Washington

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM6mGy6TAC4

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I thought it was funny that Howard was cool with them clowning on his conception-middle naming scheme and his wife's last name. And then LEM Depardieu. Lol how did he even fit in that spaceship

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

What are those pieces of Tobias' Thing suit that look like sticks of butter coming out of his shoulderblade? I just assumed the joke is that it's mismatched foam but I want to make sure I'm not missing some kind of butter joke because of Carl Weathers' Swappigans

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

They come off horribly in that interview but I'm still surprised that Tambor is doing press for this. It's an ensemble cast and as mentioned in the thread his role has gotten more and more peripheral over the seasons. You'd think they would have just told him to stay home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

John Ellis Bush
George Oscar Bluth

• Locked thread