Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

ALFbrot posted:

There isn't a less-flattering comparison they could've launched against than the season going live the same day as the new Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. My wife and I laughed more in the first ten minutes of the first Kimmy episode than we did in all 8 AD episodes.
Yeah, this is where I'm at exactly. I don't have any particular objection to any of the plotlines they chose to do, or anything along those lines, but there was just so much painfully forced wordplay and so many weak jokes that at points I was feeling bad for the actors. I'd just rewatched s4 and found it decent enough, but this was a step back for me. I kind of expected the opposite, an improvement, because i had bought into the stuff about the cast being more together for this season and figured they'd get a better product.

Just like you I then watched the first episode of Kimmy, and it just had so many more lines land immediately that it confirmed to me i wasn't just being a crank and that AD is either not as much to my liking as it used to be or that the quality has fallen by a lot. One thing I will say for AD is that since this was apparently only half the season, perhaps more things will come together and land in the back half. That was the case in s4.

favorite joke though was Maeby dressed as an old woman and looking into the mirror and realizing she'd become her father

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread