Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
I feel like the remix is missing a certain amount of flow. The narration is filling in even more gaps than it was last time. It's a bunch if individual events chained together instead of a single narrative. Also, when you're watching it in a burst, the explanatory flashbacks are all an episode or two later instead of half a season later. So you end up watching the same thing repeatedly over a couple of episodes. The individual episodes don't necessarily have a proper story in them anymore either.

The chronology is also, somehow, harder to follow. Later episodes happen before earlier episodes, but without the fact that you're obviously following one character's story. It's still all out of order, but it's lost what was holding it together before.

The occasional splitscreening of parallel events really didn't work for me. They spoonfed stuff like that and had the narrator explaining them as they went. Things that were interesting before turned into 'tell instead of show' scenes.

I actually think the original edit is really good to watch on repeat.

On the other hand, the extra 'hello darkness my old friend' jokes in the first few episodes killed me.

T.C. fucked around with this message at 08:52 on May 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
Man there's a lot of exposition and narration in the first couple. Hopefully it loosens up

• Locked thread