Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I like the 4th season better now that it was recut in order. I still don't really like it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nichael posted:

I liked it when it came out, I like the edit now. It's drat good TV.

If anything, I like it a lot more now, even after liking it a lot when it came out, because season 4 is 2018 as gently caress.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling you're a big fan of the show.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Those big long pauses he took before answering were also a lot funnier in the original cut.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Season 5 is supposed to have more scenes of George and Lucille when they were young, which sucks because the stuff with Wiig and Rogan were really stupid.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I can't believe there's people that actually think season 3 is worse than season 4.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Man, Bateman is kind of a fucker. I'm not even gonna bother with the new season. I was on the fence about hopping back in, but hearing a bunch of assholes dogpile onto a veteran actress that's crying is just really kinda gross.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

egon_beeblebrox posted:

What has Arnett done?

Sit Down, Shut Up. I think he owes everyone an apology for that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I hosed my wife!......'s friend.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Astroman posted:

As someone who has been a victim of both rape and murder, I found the entire joke incredibly unsettling.

So.....how was the island?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I broke down and watched the first two episodes last night. Eh, I'm giving up on it. Maybe binge it all once it's done and I'm bored one night, but it really is boring.

Oh, and obviously the Lucille 2 phone calls are recordings for her election.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Watched the third episode. I liked this show more when the narrator wasn't literally Ron Howard and they just slipped little jokes in here and there. Maybe it's a huge meta-joke about how the narrator was making fun of the Scandalmakers narrator for being bad, and now he's just as bad?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Calaveron posted:

The narrator's always been literally Ron Howard though

Yes. But it wasn't always "Ron Howard." They'd make little jokes about it, but it was never straight up him being him until season 4 and I think the change in narration style is really what is making the show suffer.

edit:
I mean, was it? I always thought the little jokes were just tongue in cheek. Maybe I was giving it too much credit.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 2, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TealShark posted:

There’s a small part of me that hopes that the second half of this season will make the first half retroactively seem much better. My reaction to it right now is how I probably would have reacted had they split Season 4 in half. Maybe it just needs the punchlines to complete the setups?

Or maybe it’s just time to spin it off into “Maeby” and retire the old bear.

I didn't even know we were calling it "old bear."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I wish they would get more stupid horror movies. I know they have a ton of them, but I want some of the classic slashers and stuff. Movie wise they are starting to get really really bland.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ALFbrot posted:

How could the artist leave out a crucial blood relative like Murphybrown

Him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I should be in this Poof!

• Locked thread