Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I love season four and prefer the original to the remix but I did enjoy the remix even though it kills some of the long term joke payoffs, like the reveal that Fake Block is just a wood block. I also don't know why they changed or took out some jokes, like Siri calling G.O.B. "gob."

One thing I noticed this time around (my fourth time watching season four) is that there is more green screen than I think a lot of people realize. There's obviously some rather bad and obvious green screen, like Barry in the first episode, and some of the Lucille 2 stuff, but there's a whole lot that is done fairly well that it doesn't stand out unless you've got a keen eye
for that sort of thing. There is some really good green screen implementation going on. Every member of the Bluth family is green screened in the epic Cinco de Quatro event scenes. They shot all of the background Cinco events with all the extras and secondary characters (Lucille 2, Sally, Herbert Love, Debris etc.) and then green screened the Bluths into the scenes one at a time. It is really well done by green screen standards. In some cases they have foreground characters and props to hide it.

I'm pretty sure the scene of George Michael and Maebe in the Fake Block warehouse is also green screened but could use a second (or third) pair of eyes to check it out. Like they’re both riding the golf cart together but I think everything other than George Michael was shot separately. Watch the scene of them riding in the golf cart, it seems like they're both not there at the same time. It's actually quite impressive.

Also, the cast wants more money for the remix.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrested-development-pay-dispute-erupts-recut-episodes-1108966

clown shoes fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

They explicitly state that maca root reduces testosterone and increases estrogen, which explains George's behavior.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT9Nr-gvC2Q

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

I never thought of George as trans. He was wearing a blouse but that's not any different from him wearing maternity clothes in the attic in season two.

LividLiquid posted:

Firstly, no they don't. They cut this out of the re-do of season four.

It was in the original. Still canon even if they cut it out of the remix.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Ohtsam posted:

Didn't the show stealer pro joke completely go over a lot of people's heads originally? To where they didn't realize it was a joke?

Yeah it did. I remember seeing a lot of confused comments online from people who didn't get the joke. Some even thought the watermark was seriously from pirated software.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

OldSenileGuy posted:

Did they ever reveal what the “horrible thing” Michael did before going back to the model home after Cinco is? The insinuation in the show is that he either slept with Lucille 2 or killed Lucille 2 (or both?). But the fact that it is never stated makes it seem like classic AD misdirection.

Isn't this referring to him and Rebel? This happens after Michael finds out about Rebel and George Michael but before George Michael punches Michael.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

AC Club review of the new season.
https://tv.avclub.com/arrested-development-feels-like-its-old-self-again-1826205971

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

The split is more for Emmy consideration.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Diabolik900 posted:

I just recently rewatched the whole series for the first time in about five years, and I noticed that it seems like they squeezed an extra episode worth of plot into the recap at the beginning of the second episode of season 3. I still like season 3 just as much as 1 and 2, but there are definitely times where you can tell they were expecting a longer season.

That was them making up for the lost four episodes of season two after their order was cut.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Will Arnett looks terrible. Like he might have a drinking problem or something.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Caros posted:

Or he's just older than you remember. At worst he's put on a few pounds.

They all look older but there's something about the weight in his face.

edit: In this profile from 2016 he opens up about drinking again while doing Flaked after being sober for 15 years.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/will-arnett-flaked-a-comedians-878795

clown shoes fucked around with this message at 13:03 on May 29, 2018

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

I am not liking this season at all. Whoever said it feels cheap was right on the money, so to speak.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

8 is good, which has me optimistic for the rest of the season. That Bob Loblaw likes 'em young joke was brutal.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Esquire ranked every episode of Arrested Development (seasons 1-4)

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Any Maeby spinoff should be called Maeby Fünke.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Netflix should have made a bid for 20th Century Fox. Imagine all of the content they could have had forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/arresteddev/status/1004798419842498561

• Locked thread