Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twoday

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Good Morning, BYOB.

A few weeks ago a friend sent me this article which I will quote here:

quote:

‘Good morning’ messages in India are clogging up the internet

Scientists have figured out why so many smartphones were freezing up all around the world, and the answer is Indians wishing each other good morning.

The glitch, discovered by Google, is caused by an overabundance of sun-kissed flowers, adorable toddlers, birds and sunsets sent first thing in the morning.

Millions of Indians are logging on for the first time and they are clogging up the bandwidth with their early morning greetings.

Just before sunrise and up until 8 a.m., internet newbies post millions of good-morning images to friends, family and strangers.

All those early morning well wishes have driven a tenfold increase in the number of Google searches for “Good Morning images” over the past five years.

Even the prime minister, Narendra Modi, is in on the act.

He gets up at 5 a.m. to practice yoga and is known to fire off good-morning messages as the sun is rising.

Last year he admonished a group of lawmakers for not responding to his greetings.

Some complain all these greetings come too early, are too cheery and too likely to freeze their low-cost, low-memory phones. To deal with the annoying morning cheer, some leave message groups or refuse to download the images.

Prerna Sharma, 24, says she has had enough of her relatives sending morning messages every day.

“They’ll call you and say, ‘Did you see that good morning?’” she said and she doesn’t know what to say because she rarely reads them. “Most of the time my notifications are on mute.”

So I started doing this too. Now my phone is also clogged with good morning images that I send to all of my friends when I wake up. My friends have also started doing this, with increasing intensity. Each day the greetings are fancier and more complex.

So I decided to buy a wooden spoon

And make some modifications to it

Now I have this, which is called a jawari:

And I replaced the bridge of my banjo with the jawari

So now I can play traditional Indian music on my banjo. I found the quality of the overtones is dependent on how it is tuned, and I have been using a tuning of F# F# C# F# F#.

I have composed a song inspired by these good morning images and I want to share that with you. Feel free to download it and set it as the alarm on your phone, or to send it to your friends alongside some good morning images.

Good morning, and have a beautiful day!

twoday fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

:aaaaa:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Good morning!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

City of Glompton

i love it. good morning!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I listen to this lately to wake me up in the morning, someone posted it to my Facebook feed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4FqGPRQWFM

twoday

That is an intense and good Good Morning song, friend

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained within this post are for informational purposes only. No material in this post is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this post or the replies to this post.

cda

by Hand Knit

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Robot Made of Meat

Counterpoint: Morning isn't all that good. Afternoon is where it's at.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Good morning!!!

twoday

The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained within this post are for informational purposes only. No material in this post is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this post or the replies to this post.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

redm

nice banjo cool song good morning

twoday

What do you eat for breakfast?

I had a banana

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
:coffeepal:

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Bananas are life. I usually have a banana and 1-2 little oranges and sometimes I make a yogurt cup with some oatmeal and berries the night before

Manifisto

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

kalel

Good morning!!!

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Counterpoint: Morning isn't all that good. Afternoon is where it's at.

get the h*ck outta this thread you jabroni

PhantomPayne

I should think before posting
this is a good thread

good morning op and byob dudes

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

PhantomPayne posted:

this is a good thread

good morning op and byob dudes

:wave::wave::wave:

City of Glompton

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

City of Glompton

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

mags

I am a congenital optimist.

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

twoday

I knew BYOB was the right place to post this

mags

paul_soccer12 posted:

twoday

Have another Banjo Raga, friends:

I have no idea what I am doing, it's like playing an entirely new instrument, but it sounds great to me. These are just straight up acoustic recordings with no effects besides the modified bridge.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
how DARE you

i'm just kiddin. guten tag my man

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
thats super cool twoday, i like em

do you have anything you could put on a finger for a slide-note thing? i bet it would sound cool on that

twoday

Hugh Malone posted:

do you have anything you could put on a finger for a slide-note thing? i bet it would sound cool on that

Great idea, I will look around

Manifisto

Hugh Malone posted:

ya seriously, they're very relaxing to listen to and it SOUNDS like you know what you're doing to my untrained ear

Manifisto

Manifisto posted:

ya seriously, they're very relaxing to listen to and it SOUNDS like you know what you're doing to my untrained ear

I am not going to edit that but it came out not quite as I intended

twoday

Good Morning and thank you, friend.

I will keep messing around. Does anyone know any cool scales for guitar that sound vaguely exotic or whatever?

mags

twoday posted:

Good Morning and thank you, friend.

I will keep messing around. Does anyone know any cool scales for guitar that sound vaguely exotic or whatever?

there is always trusty ol dadgad the dad of tunings

paul_soccer12 posted:

twoday

thank you friend, and good morning, but the tuning has to be banjo sitar tuning of C# F# C# F# F# or else it won't make these weird reverb sitar overtone sounds. I mean scales, like

twoday

I have one last song to complete the cycle of the day:

And now I am out of music. Thank you for listening, friends. And have a good morning.

twoday fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 8, 2018

twoday

Manifisto

ty nesamdoom!

twoday

quote:

Before we get this show on the road, I would like to make one thing very clear to the readers. I am OUTRAGED and disgusted with what I experienced this morning. If I didn't have to put some sort of rating on for this, I wouldn't because it doesn't deserve even a one star. Never in my life have I had something from a restaurant (if you can even call this establishment a restaurant) that looked and tasted as bad as my SCRAMBLED egg and cheese sandwich I got from this so called, "Panera Bread", in my 64 years of living. McDonald's has impressed me more, and I hold that to the lowest of standard.

I got up this morning at approximately 7:45am, as I do every Sunday. No not because I go to church or any of that fairytale nonsense. I am a mystic, and as a mystic we have a natural ability to wake up early. But that isn't what's important right now. That is a story for a different time. Today we're here to discuss the tragedy that is Panera Bread. I am from out of town, obviously, and am passing through on my annual mystic pilgrimage, where I travel back home to New Brunswick. It's how I choose to cleanse my mystic soul. As I was saying, I got up this morning and went to the Panera Bread at the location in which this review is for. I went to the drive thru because I was anxious to hit the road.

I studied the menu, weighing in all of my options. That's when I saw it. The sandwich that was going to end my craving and satisfy my hunger. The Scrambled Egg and Cheese sandwich. I ordered it and a cheese soufflé. I love cheese soufflés. This is where my annoyance started. "$8.99", the man behind the drive thru speaker said. $8.99, can you believe that? I was shocked that they couldn't just round the total up to $9! But, I was hungry and couldn't let my frustration get in the way of enjoying the delicious sandwich and a comfortably warm cheese soufflé. I pulled up to the window and was greeted with a warm smile from a striking young man. He read my total back to me, which was redundant because there is a digital screen that has your total on it at the drive thru window. Nevertheless, I received my food. Great. I pull over into a parking spot to check and make sure I got my order right. It was right. Another plus. I can't wait any longer, I was sweating in anticipation for this sandwich - I was so hungry. I take it out of it's box. This is where things got hairy. The sandwich was LUKE warm. The egg didn't even look like a scrambled egg. It looked like smashed goo that you would get as a child at an arcade for tokens. the cheese wasn't melted and was cold. The bun it came on was clearly made the day prior. This sandwich was clearly frozen and reheated. I suffered through it because I was hungry and ate the sandwich regardless.

Hoping the cheese soufflé was freshly made, I took it out of it's box. Again, it had clearly been sitting in the store for awhile and had been reheated. I took my first bite and wasn't impressed in the slightest. It wasn't the worst thing I had ever eaten, but after the egg sandwich mishap I was over this place. I scarfed down the rest of the soufflé and high tailed it out of there! I started down the highway and couldn't get it off my mind so I created this account and am writing this review on the side of the road - angry, confessed, unsatisfied, and disappointed. Disappointed in a restaurant that tends to always pleasure my tastes buds. But today, I am left feeling empty and betrayed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

beautiful

quote:

As I sit now at my home, reliving my phenomenal brunch, and experience Lance. I can only describe this experience as a cosmic reach around. I was in ecstasy through every bite of my meal and in pure amazement of the friendly staff and the genuine courtesy of the bartender Lance. May you fly happily is the cosmos, friend.

• Locked thread